The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Hek Riven Choice

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

6 answers to this question

Personally I would keep rolling. On some weapons, having certain negative IPS can be seen as a positive, to help with weighting, but I wouldn't consider Kuva Hek one of them. Since the way I use it, I want to one shot most enemies. Though I could be overlooking something, plus obviously depends on what you want to prefer and where you want to use it. If you had to take one between the two, uh probably 1. 

Hek is a puncture shotgun, which means if you reduce that stat, you reduce most of your damage output in general. That's bad when you put on other mods that build off of your physical damage, like elemental mods (and likely the Kuva's bonus element)

Second option is technically less worse, toxin and crit damage are nice, but you'll still want to roll it again. You can get enhanced stats with a negative, just watch out for any that hurt the weapon's main strengths

10 hours ago, Pakaku said:

That's bad when you put on other mods that build off of your physical damage, like elemental mods (and likely the Kuva's bonus element)

Slight clarification, that's not how it works. Adding/removing IPS damage doesn't have any affect on the damage from elemental mods. Elemental mods scale off base damage. And, the kuva/tennent element is considered "base damage".

15 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Do I need puncture? I'm leaning #1

Depending on what your build looks like, the puncture damage may only be about 15-20% of your overall damage. Removing 20% is still removing 20%, but depending on the enemy (i.e. accounting for damage resistances), you may not notice it at all. Removing puncture means you'll proc slash slightly more often, although probably not a big difference.

At a glance, the MS/CD would be better than the CD/toxin. I do wonder if those numbers are for the normal hek.

1 hour ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

At a glance, the MS/CD would be better than the CD/toxin. I do wonder if those numbers are for the normal hek.

I took #1. Didn't roll anything better since and at max 3500 to reroll so considering leveling it since it's all I got "just to see". I have almost 300k Endo and 30M credits now so it's not a big deal. I haven't put any formas on my three kiva Heks though haha. Need forma and riven slots!

Archived