Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

please help, clueless new player: Duviri ending choice locks you out of gameplay systems?

Dara-strix

Question

My boyfriend got me to play Warframe and I'm very confused on how it works. He told me to play the Duviri story that just came out because it would be a good way to get into the gameplay without getting overwhelmed.

But now I'm at the ending of this story it wants me to make a choice  between staying or leaving. And all I read online is that it locks you out of different part of the gameplay systems if you choose either one. I don't want all of Duviri locked for me just because I chose to go back to the 'base game' but I also don't want to only play Duviri. Do I have to make two accounts just to play the full game??? that seems absurd... Information online tells me that chosing one of the two locks you into one of two loot systems, and I have no idea what they are or how they work. I don't want to be locked into a choice I have no idea I'm making

This game does not explain any of it's mechanics, reasoning or what is happening and it's incredibly frustrating that they put such a choice in front of a player who has no idea what is happening. what do i have to do to actually access the whole game like my boyfriend and other friends?

6 answers to this question

Hello, welcome to the game. 

Don't worry too much, you are not being locked out of content at all, its more of a temporary choice, to decide what you will be doing immediately next. Like if you chose to stay, you can play more Duviri, but if you leave, you can also return to Duviri. If you leave, you can start to explore the rest of the game, but if you stay, when you leave, you can also do that too. 

Also I understand why you might feel apprehensive, confused or overwhelmed, because the emphasis on that choice actually feels way more serious and important than it actually is. I have played this game for years, done all the missions, yadda yadda, and even that question/decision made me pause. I had to quickly look up what it meant too lol. 

Basically don't worry, just do what sounds more fun to you, you won't be permanently locked out of anything (Warframe rarely does anything like that, outside a few questions, but even then its not content you are locked out of). Good luck and hope you have fun! 

I've done Duviri and chose to stay, but I am able to return to the Origin System at any time, though I'm not sure if it works the same way for new players.
I've looked around a bit and found this, maybe it helps:

Staying in the Duviri Paradox allows you to continue conjuring the endless Spirals the paradox has to offer you. Every time you leave Teshin's cave, Duviri's overstory will shift depending on the Spiral that is selected for you.

Completion of a Spiral will send you back to Teshin's cave where you can begin another Spiral. The rewards for beating Duviri's Spirals are significant, and there are new items and vendors to interact with that were not available in the questline.

Leaving the Duviri Paradox, however, will put you into the Origin System, the traditional Warframe story route and gameplay loop. The rewards for this are the same as a traditional Warframe, with more actual loot coming from enemy kills, unlike with Duviri, which focuses on loot from end-mission rewards.

The choice to Stay or Leave is not permanent, as you can simply decide to leave Duviri anytime you wish to return to the Origin System. Likewise, if you want to return to Duviri, simply clicking on the Duviri location on the Navigation screen will get you there in one piece.

Also, you should be able to go back to Duviri if you choose to leave by going to your navigation screen on the Orbiter (which is your "base" of operations of the base game).

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

The rewards for beating Duviri's Spirals are significant, and there are new items and vendors to interact with that were not available in the questline.

so does this mean staying will give better loot, new items and vendors, and leaving will not give you such things? what is the benefit for leaving? Does leaving lock you out of these bonuses?

It's already good to know that the choice is apparently not permanent and you can come and go as you wish. Thank you for that.

hace 2 minutos, Dara-strix dijo:

so does this mean staying will give better loot, new items and vendors, and leaving will not give you such things? what is the benefit for leaving? Does leaving lock you out of these bonuses?

It's already good to know that the choice is apparently not permanent and you can come and go as you wish. Thank you for that.

No, not really, you'll get the same rewards regardless of whether you choose to leave or stay, so you can leave to play the base game and come back if you want to get some things. The Circuit will offer you some pretty nice rewards as a new player, whereas in the base game it normally takes more time to get them, but they're not weekly randomized.

5 hours ago, Dara-strix said:

This game does not explain any of it's mechanics

You'll get used to that, eventually. 

5 hours ago, Dara-strix said:

And all I read online is that it locks you out of different part of the gameplay systems if you choose either one

Not too sure where you're reading that, but if you select the "stay in duviri" option, you'll get a prompt on screen basically saying "you can return to your orbiter and access the origin star chart at any time". So you won't be locked out of anything. It makes no difference which option you select.

Archived