Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus Bounties - Thumpers

Silescere

I started playing recently again after a longer break. What I remember from the Plains was, that Thumpers were there, respawned really fast but they kinda had their area where they appeared for me and when I kept my distance, I could still do bounties in peace.

Now? You can't shake these things. They are everywhere! Even if you give them a wide berth (in my case a Narmer Thumper) , the game will spawn them right behind you again once you land. In my case I got into Archwing and flew quite a distance ~600m. Just wanted to do my bounties, but with these things in the mission areas, that is quite difficult.
And when I finally had one of these bullet sponges down to 30% HP, a new one came crawling out of the earth right underneath my feet. So I had TWO of these pests.
Whatever was done with the spawn behaviour, it's borked. Only posting here because I have no idea if this is intended or a bug.
I wish all thumpers had a fixed route, would not spawn more than one at the same time and would stay away from active bounty areas -.- Also, if not engaged or agitated by getting too close, they should remain passive.

Also: The Tusk Dargyns flew above our heads in flocks of 6 and for every two we shot down, there were two new. Bit rediculous and way over the top.

TL;DR
Check spawn and route behaviour of Thumpers&Dargyns in the PoE and make bounties great again.

Edited by Silescere
  • Like 2

Narmer Thumpers specifically seem to spawn extremely often. That or it scales by level or something. I only occasionally see Thumpers in the default Plains and in low-level bounties, but almost constantly see them in Narmer bounties.

• Like 1

On 2023-05-26 at 3:52 PM, Mazifet said:

I find just using arquebex while slowing them down with something like zenurik's 2nd works well to kill them in like 15 seconds

Thanks for the hint :) I still hope though they do take a look at certain spawn behaviours.