Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your favorite Design council Warframe? (Xaku, Nova)

I don't remember posting this before, and if i did, i apologize, i have terrible memory.

it almost doesn't seem fair to compare Nova and Xaku, since there is a huge time gap between the two, and both were made with different conditions.

but I thought I'd do it anyway.

thematically, and execution, which Warframe design nailed it better for you in your subjective view?

here's my Opinion: 

Nova is definitely very interesting, Antimatter is already a crazy subject in of itself, and characters in fiction who can control animatter, especially in Video games are very rare.

her design is very simple and cool, and her kit is so good albeit a bit difficult to optimize for each ability,

one thing that I find as a missed opportunity is that I can't capitalize on Molecular prime's explosion damage for that chain reaction effect in the ability visual description. 

Xaku's theme is also unique, three Warframes lost and torn apart only to reunite as one single entity that doesn't quite work as it should. the idea of manipulating and channeling the Void is not Original in Warframe but it's execution is very good, as they can do everything that the Void usually does like opening fissures that corrupts enemies, manifesting constructs and things like weapons and tendrils, break the rules of reality etc.

building Xaku to optimize each ability in the same build is a lot easier than Nova, as all they need is a buttload of Range and at least 200% strength.

the Verdict goes to Xaku, for me. although Nova is still one of my favorite Warframes.

I suppose I'd go for Nova; as much as I like Xaku, Nova has a simpler but still effective kit and excels at CC and debuffing. plus Antimatter Drop is actually really fun if you get the chance to use it. then you've also got Wormhole for crossing open worlds quickly. 

Xaku is still great though but usually the most optimal way to run him is just the "floating guns" method of using his 2 and 4, I often forget what each of his The Lost abilities actually do..I enjoy him, but if I had to choose between the two for a blind mission where I've no idea what's goign to happen, I'll take Nova.

DC has some great ideas, just a shame DE never really utilizes us... 

Nova. Speedva is sweet, wormhole is fun, Nova is active to play. 

Xaku has kind of dull design to me, basically suck up a bunch of guns, hit some buffs and then just press 4.. It feels like it's half way to AFK gameplay.

Aesthetically, not.. Actually into either one? I got the "deluxe" for Nova that's basically paying platinum to make her look like a basic non prime Warframe and it's nice ^^;

Edited by cute_moth.npc

3 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Nova. Speedva is sweet, wormhole is fun, Nova is active to play. 

I definitely enjoy Nova's hyperactive playstyle.

even using Null star with it's augment as a damage/CC tool instead of a Damage reduction only tool, just because i am sick of modding her for negative range.

she is a lot faster and more fun this way.

definitely leaning more towards Nova these days.