Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive Prime: Am I Missing Something?

Lunarsage

M3EM15C.png

EuLZ9FI.png

From the looks of things, Glaive Prime is functionally identical to the standard Glaive. Charge speed and flight speed all appear to be the same, as well. Glaive Prime actually cannot equip any Glaive-specific mods, such as Whirlwind, Power Throw, or Quick Return. Aren't Prime weapons generally supposed to be improvements upon the standards? I don't know if DE actually ever explicitly said this, but that is what the trend has been so far. I know that there are some Prime weapons such as Braton Prime and Fang Prime aren't total upgrades (but most people consider Braton Prime to be superior), but Glaive Prime is essentially a glorified skin. Actually, it's worse than a skin right now, since it can't equip Glaive mods.

Ember Prime also has this issue, in a sense. The two (-) polarities are changed into a (V) and (D), with no additional polarity, unlike the Excalibur, Mag, and Frost Primes.

Stats are wrong, Glaive deals 150 base charged damage, not 75.

Don't trust the stats TEST.

eJn5BgC.png

Tested throw damage vs. level 1 Grineer in Terminus. Left is regular, right is prime. It's an increase, but not 2x the damage you say it is, which definitely makes me consider Glaive Prime a downgrade as it cannot use Glaive mods.

which definitely makes me consider Glaive Prime a downgrade as it cannot use Glaive mods.

This has already been fixed as of the latest hotfix. I was using Power Throw and Whirlwind on my Glaive Prime last night with no problems.

Also, moved to the proper section.