Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we improve the rate at which Citrine is acquired?

SocccPrime

Managed to grind out Citrine's entire set recently, and from an objective standpoint, her grind is probably one of the worst in terms of mission-based frames I've ever done.  The inconsistency in which the amount of gems awarded makes it hard to practically accumulate the right amount unless you overshoot. On top of this, you're given absurdly low amounts of the currency for the time spent to acquire unless you optimize and have one defending and the rest running around grabbing every crystal they can.  For the average runs I was doing per c rotation, I was accumulating 60-85 per and that was with me trying my best to accumulate gems.  I'm not saying to absolute dumpster the time it takes to get her, but she's definitely a grind in which needs to be tuned especially compared to other grinds in the game.  For those that say her grind isn't hard, its not and no one thinks difficulty wise its hard. However considering you need 1500 just for citrine alone the time spent for her isn't justified by the current rates. 

Some people complained about Lua Thrax Plasm, and understandably so because it has few issues.
But when Citrine update released I realized it's much worse, especially after I recently went back to Mirror Defense for a bit. One thing that annoys me about is that you can't even choose to just only do Mirror Defense when you have a resource booster to lessen the grind because it does not affect the crystal drops AT ALL.
I didn't farm all of Citrine in one day, but every time I farmed it, even just for few missions on C rotation, I still saw the crystals for hours afterwards when I was closing my eyes.
It's a bit funny how we get progression design like this for something then we get a warning to take a break after an hour of playing.

And public matchmaking can be a bit annoying because some people don't bother to do anything with the crystals in the 30 sec window between the zones, or in general when playing Mirror Defense, and not even realize that Citrine blueprints drop on wave 4.

2 hours ago, SocccPrime said:

On top of this, you're given absurdly low amounts of the currency for the time spent to acquire unless you optimize and have one defending and the rest running around grabbing every crystal they can.  For the average runs I was doing per c rotation, I was accumulating 60-85 per and that was with me trying my best to accumulate gems. 

In comparision I get around 70 per C rotation, solo. No matter what I do don't get much more/less crystals. That's sadly bad. Maybe they could somehow make it affect more? You get like 60ish (10 for rotation and 5 for 50 crystals) but what if you could get ~100 if you worked hard? That would be nice.

At east in SP you could get ~180 (that's what they said). If SP is your thing you can give it a shot.

13 minutes ago, Harutomata said:

But when Citrine update released I realized it's much worse, especially after I recently went back to Mirror Defense for a bit. One thing that annoys me about is that you can't even choose to just only do Mirror Defense when you have a resource booster to lessen the grind because it does not affect the crystal drops AT ALL.

I feel like lots of things nowadays are not affected by booster. I'm not sure if it's intended. We have Citrine crystals, Thrax thing from lua is probably not affected either (rotation based at least). I heard Duviri has problem with boosters. Then exp from Thrax/Angels is not affected by boosters...

13 minutes ago, Harutomata said:

I didn't farm all of Citrine in one day, but every time I farmed it, even just for few missions on C rotation, I still saw the crystals for hours afterwards when I was closing my eyes.

That reminded me how I used to play (and liked probably) Zariman. Maybe few times I kept hearing Accolyde sound even after gaming session. Well... that was too much.

11 hours ago, quxier said:

In comparision I get around 70 per C rotation, solo. No matter what I do don't get much more/less crystals. That's sadly bad. Maybe they could somehow make it affect more? You get like 60ish (10 for rotation and 5 for 50 crystals) but what if you could get ~100 if you worked hard? That would be nice.

At east in SP you could get ~180 (that's what they said). If SP is your thing you can give it a shot.

I feel like lots of things nowadays are not affected by booster. I'm not sure if it's intended. We have Citrine crystals, Thrax thing from lua is probably not affected either (rotation based at least). I heard Duviri has problem with boosters. Then exp from Thrax/Angels is not affected by boosters...

That reminded me how I used to play (and liked probably) Zariman. Maybe few times I kept hearing Accolyde sound even after gaming session. Well... that was too much.

An easy solution would be to improve the flat rate in which you acquire crystals. 5 of either crystal being removed means that it bumps up a significant amount comparatively. Even adding a special enemy that drops 15 at the end of the A and B sections would also work. 

1 hour ago, SocccPrime said:

An easy solution would be to improve the flat rate in which you acquire crystals. 5 of either crystal being removed means that it bumps up a significant amount comparatively. Even adding a special enemy that drops 15 at the end of the A and B sections would also work. 

Yeah, but you would have to add 2 enemies (for both types of crystals)

On 2023-06-05 at 3:40 PM, quxier said:

Yeah, but you would have to add 2 enemies (for both types of crystals)

I mean is that really that much to ask? Considering they throw thrax at significant amount of void touched things I don't see why they couldn't be added.  

On 2023-06-05 at 6:51 PM, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

"But there is a pity system!" The amount of time it takes to get citrine is absurd. The increased time sink DE is pushing is not fun or rewarding so I completely agree.

I don't mind time sinks, but citrine has an unreasonable expectation that runs will be flawless and you'll have players willing to contribute all the time to a run to get the amount of crystals that make it enjoyable to grind. On top of the solo experience which no other frame needs multiplayer to grind, makes it significantly harder to obtain.  

10 hours ago, SocccPrime said:

I mean is that really that much to ask? Considering they throw thrax at significant amount of void touched things I don't see why they couldn't be added.  

Yeah, yeah, it's just another enemy to add: graphics, animations, behaviour etc. Far from impossible but it just takes time.

Archived