Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Acrid D0T

Luminide

As we all know acrid's base damage has been nerfed.AND I'M FINE WITH THAT.But what is extremely ridiculous is that the d0t isnt affected by damage mods. This makes the weapon just plain horrible! This would be fine for conclaves,but thats it! The d0t needs to increase with damage mods,its fine if the weapon isnt OP but the fact that the d0t is not affected by mods makes this weapon the worst ond in the game. I was playing T3 defence with a fully modded acrid and the d0t was dealing 10 damage, by wave 3 it was only dealing 1 damage per d0t! The weapon is a mastery rank 7 weapons it definitely needs its d0t back.

Edited by Luminide

Agreed. They really hit the Acrid too hard with the nerf-hammer. It's rank 7 mastery and requires quite a bit of clan research to make. It SHOULD be one of the strongest pistols in the game.

With it being as useless as it is, well...There goes 3 Forma.

mine has 5 forma and even i have to say goodbye to it :(

I don't own the Acrid, but I assume it's pure Toxic damage, yes? So the DoT doesn't scale regardless of either having Hornet Strike or a Toxic damage mod? If so, that kind of sucks, I thought the Acrid's problem in damage 1.0 was that it delivered too much upfront damage, but nerfing both the immediate damage and DoT seems a bit drastic.

After getting the soma, I wanted a better alt weapon than bronco prime (bear in mind this was before the brakk was released) and I heard about the sheer killing power behind the acrid. I was rank 5 at the time (yes, I also owned the soma before the devs bumped its mastery rank requirement) so I spent a lot of time truly grinding in this game with crappy weapons in order to get the acrid. After that, I pumped a number of forma into it to maximize its effectiveness.

It's sad to hear it's fallen so far since U11. It's a highly sought after weapon, I doubt DE is gonna let that thing stay where it's at though. They'll probably fix it. In the meantime, at least I got a fully modded brakk.

It's rank 7 mastery and requires quite a bit of clan research to make. It SHOULD be one of the strongest pistols in the game.

No, it shouldn't be any more powerful than any other pistol. It should be more specialized, which it is.

DoT not scaling with mods is still a load of bull though.

Its still an upgraded bolto.

Extremely op gun got nerfed to match similiar weapons.

Its not an upgraded bolto,its weaker than the bolto. It needs to have its Dot back(doesnt need to be as powerful as before but it needs to scale with mods) I mean,make it a little weaker,don't let a mastery 7 weapon match a weapon from the market.

It's definitely a pretty terrible Bolto now. Not that I was expecting huge damage numbers, but the DoT just needs to be there for this to be a viable weapon. It needed this originally too, and the change to the DoT was what made it an amazing weapon. I almost don't want to know how bad Embolist is now.

I'm still running Acrid in T3 Defense and it's outperforming Hek, when both are at 1 Forma. I have no idea why people are whining.

No, Acrid isn't explicitly the single best thing in the game for everything now, but it should not be that to begin with. It's still one of the best guns in the game, it just doesn't play the game for you anymore.

I'm still running Acrid in T3 Defense and it's outperforming Hek, when both are at 1 Forma. I have no idea why people are whining.

No, Acrid isn't explicitly the single best thing in the game for everything now, but it should not be that to begin with. It's still one of the best guns in the game, it just doesn't play the game for you anymore.

I tried running T3 Def with acrid a fully modded acrid and its horrible dont know what ur talking about.

I tried running T3 Def with acrid a fully modded acrid and its horrible dont know what ur talking about.

Maybe it isn't modded properly with the new system. The old mod loadout doesn't do anything on Acrid anymore. Gas + Magnetic on Acrid is more effective than most primaries still.

Don't rely on it to instagib everything. Expect it to work as well as other weapons, like it always should have. Also 10% proc rate + natural element + high RoF makes it one of the better candidates for elemental procs.