The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion | After maxing all focus points, give us a way to convert them to endo

EightChickens

12 hours ago, Voltage said:

It's more useful than the current situation and more balanced than the suggestions in this thread. Being able to convert Focus into anything gameplay related that isn't Focus ends up creating a direct conversion from Affinity into an item. Affinity is trivial to earn, moreso if you also count how easy it is to accumulate millions of Focus through Eidolon hunting.

You're also using "1%" to make it sound like I'm asking for negligible bonuses. What I am asking for is infinite scaling to approach a "second layer of ranks" for the ability, but never hit maximum bonus using an infinite scaling formula.

Let's take the way-bound Enduring Tides from Vazarin for example: Increases Operator Health and Armor by 50 / 100 / 150 / 200%. Add a second layer of ranks that allows the player to infinitely sink Vazarin Focus into Enduring Tides to go from 200 / 201 / 202 / 203 / [...] / 250% where the cost of each increase in the skill's second layer of ranks gets exponentially higher, so that a player can never reach 250% (because that cost would be in the hundreds of billions of Focus), but they can always make progress on refining the available power and potential strength. That way a casual can substantially hit say 265%, but someone who's dramatically over-farmed on Focus (e.g 2,000 Eidolon Hydrolysts captured or because they've been playing since Focus was added in 2015) can reach 270% or even 275%. That isn't unbalanced or unfair comparatively, because the relative bonus between 265% and 270% is negligible. However, this allows for players to earn tangible power towards their Operator abilities numerically while employing an infinite cost mechanic. It would be like an extreme version of the difference between a rank 9 and rank 10 gold/legendary mod. You're squeezing the last bit of power out of the ranks, but investing the most out of the overall cost on a per rank basis.

your idea sounds cool

but i don't think it'd be a good thing if it were implemented as you say, "an extreme version of the difference between a rank 9 and rank 10 gold/legendary mod." 

18 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

Endo is nice and all but what about the ppl with millions of endo with nothing to do? i rather be able to buy kuva or something with it rather

buy rank 10/legendary/archon mods, max them and sell them by undercutting market price 😎

Archived