Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gaining experience for two focus schools?

AmicusAndEcho

Question

I've recently fully finished my Zenurik school skill tree, and switched my focus lenses to Madurai on my weapons and warframes. I've been gaining about what I expected in Madurai, but after doing Void Armageddon I have also noticed I have gotten a bunch of Zenurik experience?

I wanted to ask what may be causing this because I'm not sure. I have some sort of Madurai lens on every weapon and Warframe I'm using to gain the experience, but I'm using the Zenurik school on the operator.

Also I think its worth noting that I don't seem to get Zenurik experience from other missions. I tried doing operator only, different scenarions, and it seems Void Armageddon is the only mission that does this. (Perhaps it's just the void missions on the Zariman with Void Angels?)

Also sorry if this happened to be asked before

4 answers to this question

Those pesky Thrax enemies award it on them being killed, the ones who jump around trying to smash you into the ground.

Killing them awards 2,500 Focus points to the current active school, counting towards the daily cap.

Edited by Slayer-.
added link
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Those pesky Thrax enemies award it on them being killed, the ones who jump around trying to smash you into the ground.

Repeated the mission now, checking the progression tab as often as I could.

I reckoned correctly there were no Thrax enemies, however I noticed the game is giving Zenurik experience for killing the void angled. Apologies for my blindness for not noticing it earlier!

Now a new question arises - why Zenurik? I don't have any Zenurik lens equipped, so is it using the currently used school to give focus for the angel kill, not the lens?

Edit - Nevermind! Im not using the zenurik school either, just noticed. I'm even more confused now

Edited by AmicusAndEcho

7 minutes ago, AmicusAndEcho said:

Repeated the mission now, checking the progression tab as often as I could.

I reckoned correctly there were no Thrax enemies, however I noticed the game is giving Zenurik experience for killing the void angled. Apologies for my blindness for not noticing it earlier!

Now a new question arises - why Zenurik? I don't have any Zenurik lens equipped, so is it using the currently used school to give focus for the angel kill, not the lens?

Edit - Nevermind! Im not using the zenurik school either, just noticed. I'm even more confused now

It's the active Focus school that gets the Focus, are you sure you haven't got zenurik active, yes killing the Void Angel awards it as well.

Killing the Ravenous variant grants 7,500 Focus to the current active school, while killing the dormant ones grant 15,000 focus. This counts toward the daily cap.

Edited by Slayer-.
added quote
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, AmicusAndEcho said:

Certain enemies (Thrax units (2 kinds), Angels (probably from armagedon as well) and probably something else) give you focus when you make that school active. It's mostly in Zariman missions and probably in Duviri. It's mostly some "nice numbers" like 7.5k, 2.5 or 15k  SP may double it (booster won't!).

53 minutes ago, AmicusAndEcho said:

Unless it's bug you should get focus poionts in that school. As Slayer said, are you sure you don't have it active?