Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defeating The U11 Stalker

NoeleVeerod

I have yet to meet him, and the voices about him are not encouraging in the slightest. There are players who managed to defeat him, but they are an exiguous number probably comprised of players who are likely waiting for an even tougher challenge.

Well, I want to get the Hate weapon, and to do some scans. It's only a matter of time before he comes for me, so I want to be prepared when he comes. Also, I like the idea of getting his arse handed back to him, especially if he is actually a challenge rather than a sorry excuse for a Tenno-grade opponent (because yes, he was easy beyond boredom).

So what do you suggest to face the Stalker and not die within the first two seconds of combat?

Note: any "the Stalker can't be defeated" posts will be promptly ignored because they are not compatible with the goal of this thread.

I've done it solo and on a team.

The first part, if you are not playing alone, make sure EVERYONE is clear that a stalker is coming for a target.

Find plenty of space and stay together.

Never underestimate the roll and never ADS with stalker.

For practice against his slash dash practice rolling out of the way in a duel against an excaliburs slash dash.

If he dissappears act fast on your toes slide forward and ninja flip out of harms way.

Engage in medium to short range combat. Tempt him to use his melee or knives but not the dread.

Provided you stay on your feet and move fast while shooting you will defeat him.

Note that jumping regularly is hang time and you are quite vulnerable in the air.

I have yet to meet him, and the voices about him are not encouraging in the slightest. There are players who managed to defeat him, but they are an exiguous number probably comprised of players who are likely waiting for an even tougher challenge.

Well, I want to get the Hate weapon, and to do some scans. It's only a matter of time before he comes for me, so I want to be prepared when he comes. Also, I like the idea of getting his arse handed back to him, especially if he is actually a challenge rather than a sorry excuse for a Tenno-grade opponent (because yes, he was easy beyond boredom).

So what do you suggest to face the Stalker and not die within the first two seconds of combat?

Note: any "the Stalker can't be defeated" posts will be promptly ignored because they are not compatible with the goal of this thread.

Quite honestly the only way to even hope to beat him is to carry around top tier mod, weapons, frames and some healing gear... that said, i dont see a point in running around constantly in top tier items in a game for a 5% chance that might either one shot you, bug, or simply laugh at your pitiful life. Surely the old stalker was easy as hell, but with the new stalker i dont even bother, 1 missing revive wont kill me.

Idk people whats up with you. I've met him once after U11, made a photo for Codex, and killed him promptly.

Of course if you're accustomed to sit on a box or inside Snowglobe, he'll be a challenge for you.

Don't be a sitting duck, evade his slash dashes and shoot him straight. Thats all.

Edited by Khranitel

Keep the pressure on, but remember, float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.

Remember do dodge, dip, duck, drop, dive, and dodge while giving your assault.

Remember your damage Procs. Blast helped me out a bit with the Brakk. Blast on shotguns seems more effective, as each pellet gets the chance to Proc. Keep him hurting, or his shields will be coming back, and eventually, he will use absorb and remain invincible for the rest of the fight.

i have encountered him but im not the target, ive try to help the one whos been the target, 2 magazines of brakk his shields are gone and i try to keep shooting i emptied another magazine and i take 1/4 of his health ... but as always the target dies then he disappears. btw i havent potatoed my brakk yet...he can be killed. as long we can evade his weapons and abilities... thanks

The hardest part is finding him, I mean when he spawns, I'm usually dead before I see him. I just can't spot the guy.

he spawns nearly on your blind spot, i saw this when a company of mine has been targeted and the guy is on the top of a crate looking for him

I didnt encountered him yet,are boxes and crates still super effective against him?

nope its not effective anymore, stalker has a better AI now if move a bit farther to the crate just to get a better range to hit you

I'm honestly in the same predicament. He spawned last night in a mission for me and we had been killing off level 50 Grineer just fine, suddenly Stalker shows up and we end up dumping most of our ammo into him just to get a little less than half his life down (Stalker was level 57).

Eventually we decided there'd be no way to defeat him without the Grineer to help us. Lo and behold we actually lured him to them and with the help of a few Scorches, a bombard, and a few grunts along with the rest of all our ammo, we got him down to almost a quarter of health.

The Loki he was after had Quick Thinking + Rage on so this was an ordeal that lasted a good 15 minutes or so. Eventually though Loki was downed by a Bombards stray rocket that missed the Stalker and he apparently counted that as an accomplished kill =/

Aside from my experience I have to say I personally think they did a bad job at making him more difficult...it's like the enemies in Damage 1.0 where they just scaled armor and such at higher levels. Rather than giving him insane amounts of shield/armor and health...improve the AI over and over and make it a challenge to kill him..not a chore to destroy a teleporting tank.