The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Make Weapon Augments Like Dizzying Rounds Accessible

Looperino

Just got my Bronco Incarnon Genesis and decided to get Dizzying Rounds off the market--Only to realize that it wasn't even obtainable via Nightwave or any normal means anymore, resulting in trade Prices being up to 200p. Is there any way DE can make mods like these actually accessible OUTSIDE of trading? Correct me if my information is incorrect. --Looperino 

Nightwave exclusive items being Nightwave exclusive is no surprise. That is one of the main incentives of doing Nightwave. Either wait for it to come again or farm the platinum.  You can farm 4 of the ~cheapest Warframes and sell them for plat. It is not quick, but perfectly doable. Quicker than farming several other mods like Aerodynamic etc.

Can you even trade Dizzying Rounds? I thought the game prevented you from trading your last copy of a mod, unless that only applies to dissolving/selling for credits. There were never any duplicates of this mod available either.

Also this doesn't matter too much but I don't think any of the weapon augment mods function while transformed into their incarnon forms (with the soma being the exception because it managed to perform worse than the base weapon otherwise). Not really an issue unless you were expecting the mod to do something while your Bronco was transformed.

Wiki says it does work with the transformed Bronco.

35 minutes ago, IDystopiaI said:

Also this doesn't matter too much but I don't think any of the weapon augment mods function while transformed into their incarnon forms (with the soma being the exception because it managed to perform worse than the base weapon otherwise). Not really an issue unless you were expecting the mod to do something while your Bronco was transformed.

The wiki says Dizzying not only works in Incarnon, but applies to the ricochets.  Which makes me glad I've got the augment.

Latron Double Tap might actually  be the only remaining exception that doesn't work, as it was singled out for review.   A surprising number of these weapons have augments.  Besides the ones already mentioned, Miter, Ack & Brunt, Furis, Zylok, Burston, Paris, Skana, Kunai, Furax...am I missing any?

6 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

They really need to bring back augments regularly.  Like every other NW would be reasonable. 

They could put them in the nightwave cred offerings if they do not fit into the reward tree. Because every other Nightwave is a really tight schedule if you are going to fit old things in.

So far I missed no Nightwave and I was thinking the same. For the unfortunate people that did not get to rank 30 on every single Nightwave to date, there is kinda no solution for them to acquire these augments.

The 1st NW we got was in February 2019, it's been 4 years since Wild Frenzy, Burst Mass and Napalm Grenades was released. And a newer player would not be able to get these mods, Napalm Grenades being almost mandatory for a Penta build makesit rough. The Gorgons are getting an Incarnon Genesis soon enough, and there was a previous WN augment for it, a fun one too. And there are a lot of other augments from previous NW that are either so good to be mandatory for these weapon or just fun to use, while being unavailable to most players.

I'm going to be hyperbolic, but these Nightwave Augments feels like they are the new Primed Chamber, if you were not there at the time you could get these, your only choice is to find players that managed to get these mods and are willing to trade it to you. And thanks god Primed Chamber was made available to everyone through Baro.

There is nothing to argue that all the previous augments really needs to be added back in the game either with the NW shop, or through Baro like with Primed Chamber.

Have to see what they do with the Gorgon once those incarnons release. It sounded like they wanted the new incarnons to have their own week which seems like a terrible idea in the long run. People will be earning duplicates on the originals while the next set of weapons only comes around once every two months and it's only going to get worse when more weapons are added.

Incarnons have felt pretty disappointing to me though, a lot of them are AOE with none of the downsides and others don't seem to function close to what the original weapon was; the Lex isn't a "precision pistol" anymore, it's a Catchmoon with less zoom. But that's just personal preference and other people might find these changes more fun.

52 minutes ago, IDystopiaI said:

Incarnons have felt pretty disappointing to me though, a lot of them are AOE with none of the downsides and others don't seem to function close to what the original weapon was; the Lex isn't a "precision pistol" anymore, it's a Catchmoon with less zoom.

I feel sort of the same about Lex--although  Super Catchmoon mode has entertained me from time to time. Strun is  my biggest example of a weapon I love being an Incarnon mode disappointment.   OTOH I'm really enjoying the Miter.  I suppose because its Incarnon mode is at least reminiscent of why I liked the weapon in the first place.

All in all I'm still pretty happy even with Strun and Lex, because it's so nice to have a greatly enhanced regular mode, if nothing else.  Unfortunately I'm pretty well resigned to the rivens I have for those taking a dive based on people now using them as WMDs.

Archived