Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archgun Use in Reg Missions - What's it based on?

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

Leveling up grattler, cortège etc using archgun deployment 

Grattler lasted 8:30 first time, then 4:00 second time then 2:30 third time then 6min fourth?

Cortège I got 13:30 the first time.

All five results above were same mission, a meso survival fissure.

Then mission was no longer available and switched to a capture Galatea Neptune and cortège lasted 2 minutes where it lasted 13:30 before????

Went to SP void survival...thinking I'd earn more points in a shorter timeframe since enemies won't die. I was at the 4 min mark, checked my MR progress in mission results and saw less than 2k earned and bailed bc SP was the opposite of what I thought. But I got to about 4m

I was looking at ammo values and it doesn't seem to be ammo running out when the archgun would abruptly disappear and I'd have my primary.

The wiki only discusses cooldown but not use-time. What determines use time? I don't understand the wide fluctuating values while trying to level these weapons.

9 answers to this question

It's based on ammo usage last I checked, you can pick up ammo in mission from heavy enemies which will extend usage of archguns though.... it's probably this which is skewing your results because you don't always notice the archgun ammo pickups when mixed in with the other drops. 

• Like 2

When you progress enough on Deimos Necralisk and you get access to Necramechs you can lvl up both archguns and necramechs at the same time. Both are a pain in the butt, so doing it at the same time saves you a lot of time.

You should already have a Necramech if you have Cortege.

Just equip the archgun on it and level both at the same time, preferably in Railjack missions.

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Dude, Neptune archwing mission exists

What does this have to do with Corvas being a pain?

34 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

you can lvl up both archguns and necramechs at the same time

My voidrig and bw are both 38 and I have no more forma lol. Other than MR I'm not sure if putting another for a on either is worth it at the moment. I like fortuna base capture personally. In less than 60 I can be surrounded by enemies.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

What does this have to do with Corvas being a pain?

My voidrig and bw are both 38 and I have no more forma lol. Other than MR I'm not sure if putting another for a on either is worth it at the moment. I like fortuna base capture personally. In less than 60 I can be surrounded by enemies.

Nah, no point investing more forma unless you need it for mods