Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How heavy are warframes?

(XBOX)Architect Prime

They're made of assimilated metal-flesh. They, and most humanoids in the Origin System appear to be very tall (like 6-8ft+). I can only assume that if a warframe simply sat on top of me (reasonably fit), it could easily subjugate me that way. I also wonder if a warframe could cross a rope bridge without breaking it. Lastly, it seems that frames are capable of hovering for a short period, and weight reduction during wall grab lasts a while. So we know that can kind of nullify their weight, but how heavy is a warframe without any of those tricks I wonder? 

Depends. It's listed from a lore perspective that Rhino is the heaviest frame, and his Stomp is (according to the official notes) him simply stamping on the ground so hard it dilates time.

So pretty heavy, in some cases.

Zephyr, by contrast, is canonically so light she gets a 'lightweight' passive so that she can float through the air, slowing her fall and letting her jump higher, even steer through the air.

So... pretty light, in some cases.

It's a whole cornucopia of the frames being what they need to be. So weight reduction for things like Aim Glide, Wall Latch, ziplines and so on... normal. Perfectly alright to suspend a bit of disbelief for that.

Zephyr is implied to be consisting of some oxium. But the oxium thing is weird, how is something lighter than air? And shouldn't that make them always float around, not to subject to any gravity? For now I'm going to assume that Zephyr has some gravity device in her so she won't just float away in the air perpetually.

10 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

Zephyr is implied to be consisting of some oxium. But the oxium thing is weird, how is something lighter than air? And shouldn't that make them always float around, not to subject to any gravity? For now I'm going to assume that Zephyr has some gravity device in her so she won't just float away in the air perpetually.

It's apparently the balance of it. She uses Oxium, but also uses Alloy Plate and Ferrite in small amounts, only around 3000-4000 of either.

Compare this to Vauban Prime who uses 7000 Oxium, but uses over 30k Alloy Plate, large amounts of Rubedo and other heavy products like Salvage in the low five-figure range. There's a point where the lightweight and the heavyweight ingredients balance out ^^

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

I would like to know how the enviroment he's in can possibly survive that.

Oh, I think they mentioned that one; if you're vibrating the speed of time, then the object you cause that with suffers from null-time. It has no time in its specific area, and when the dilation effect runs its course, the point of impact has had no damage due to there being no time for it to take damage. It's why Rhino's own ability doesn't blow his foot off.

3 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Oh, I think they mentioned that one; if you're vibrating the speed of time, then the object you cause that with suffers from null-time. It has no time in its specific area, and when the dilation effect runs its course, the point of impact has had no damage due to there being no time for it to take damage. It's why Rhino's own ability doesn't blow his foot off.

Ah, I wonder if this also helps to explain protea, or if the math doesn't allow for rewind. 

18 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

It's apparently the balance of it. She uses Oxium, but also uses Alloy Plate and Ferrite in small amounts, only around 3000-4000 of either.

Compare this to Vauban Prime who uses 7000 Oxium, but uses over 30k Alloy Plate, large amounts of Rubedo and other heavy products like Salvage in the low five-figure range. There's a point where the lightweight and the heavyweight ingredients balance out ^^

Zephyr doesn't have an Alloy plate, the only ingredient that can be potentially heavy is Rubedo and Salvage. Dunno about Plastids, but I don't think nano spores should be heavy, I think they would be just like dough. Circuits and Polymer, not sure, the latter is probably plastic but plastic can be either heavy or light.

As for Vauban Prime I feel like the 7000 oxium and considering the ridiculous other requirements like 9k Cryotic and 20 nitain, he's just a resource sink. But that's an entirely different matter.

Though if I were to change Vauban's ingredients accurate to his theme, I'd keep Oxium (for the hovering bastille and fletchette balls), and a buttload of more control modules and circuits requiring more instead of Cryotic. Though since there's magnetism, cryotic can stay but at a minimum amount.

I really like talking about the ingredients in crafting in games and think "oh, so that's how that thing was made, with A and B for the blade and material C and D for the magical hilt"

Edited by Stafelund

40 minutes ago, Stafelund said:

I really like talking about the ingredients in crafting in games and think "oh, so that's how that thing was made, with A and B for the blade and material C and D for the magical hilt"

[SPOILER ]I think the technocyte (helminth) strain/s that's introduced to form the warframe ultimately metabolizes the materials in some way and reshapes them. The grey area is that Substance A might go through a chemical proccess via the technocyte nanobots to create subtance B - which is likely. 

Edited by (XBOX)Architect Prime
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, (XBOX)Architect Prime said:

[SPOILER ]I think the technocyte (helminth) strain/s that's introduced to form the warframe ultimately metabolizes the materials in some way and reshapes them. The grey area is that Substance A might go through a chemical proccess via the technocyte nanobots to create subtance B - which is likely. 

Would explain the Nitain too, Warframes are organic, Nitain Extract contains lots of organisms that's surely bound to have lots of chemicals, minerals, enzymes and the like