Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vazarin is still in a disgraceful state

BiancaRoughfin

Swazdo-Lah!

Vazarin... Theres no focus school feels more abandoned and letdown by DE than it.

Back before the Zariman update, Vazarin was faster at healing allies as you could just aim and Void Dash through allies and give them the much needed support, Void Sling came and made the problem of dashing through teammates harder as you had to wait for it to charge and reach max distance, even tho DE sped up the charge substantially, the problem persists, its still pretty easy to miss a teammate during fast paced missions or in some cases for some reason Void Sling sends you into the wrong direction.

But Protective Dash/Sling isnt the only issue, Pre-Zariman we had Void Aegis which allowed Vazarin players to open a bubble shield that would protect teammates from incoming fire, Void Blast allowed players to give a small shield boost to their own frames and teammates, these wile very limited still had their uses.

With Zariman we had Void Aegis replaced with Guardian Shell and had a new ability Void Snare added which in concept should have been useful but are completely useless.

Guardian Shell should work like a significantly downgraded version of Garuda's Dread Mirror creating a small barrier on you and your teammates that points towards the direction your camera is facing, has 500 base health and has the damage done to it in the first 3 seconds be applied to its health.

This barrier can barely catch shots done by enemies and even when it does it usually expires instantly, especially in harder missions where it should technically last longer for absorbing more damage.

This ability is completely useless, it doesnt work nearly as intended and added no benefit to Vazarin's kit.

Void Snare, the ability should release a projectile that when it hits the targeted spot creates a vortex that draws enemies in and players can Void sling through them to heal teammates, the problem is again it sucks, the projectile is incredibly slow and is immensely inaccurate, most of the times the ability is used the projectile dont strike the targeted location and in some cases the projectile literally flies in the opposite direction and the Healing it does to teammates is of 100 at max level which comes nowhere near what Void Sling can already do, meaning this ability is completely unreliable.
I would rather it gave 100 Shield or Overguard for each enemy hit in the Void Snare which would make it more useful when it actually lands on the desired spot.

Iv been a faithful Vazarin Main since Focus became a thing, never have i been so upset with it as i am now.

• Like 1

On 2023-07-23 at 10:21 AM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Guardian Shell

the point IS to let it expire, seemingly. cause of the rate of shield recharge you get. Also positioning when using it. don't stand somewhere the enemies are all around you.

On 2023-07-23 at 10:21 AM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Void Snare

what. it's perfectly accurate if you throw it at the enemy's feet. great free lockdown. Throw some bouncy void glaives into it and enemies start popping like popcorn. Also makes a good eximus overguard checker. throw it on them then break the overguard quickly and they'll just fall over and stick to it so you can finish em off.

Btw, did you know you can sustain an excavator/defense target with that "weak" 100 HP heal...? cause it's only 100 at a time, each proc doesn't get capped by the 500 limit to healing thing they did. you can literally imprison half the enemy cap worth of baddies when your yarget is getting low and just spam dash while looking at the floor and you'll get entire thousands of health back onto the target you otherwise would never get back in any sort of hurry normally.

but ok, if they do nerf this now that I've mentioned it, they really do hate vazarin. Can't heal with it if you kill all the enemies. it's kinda backwards, or people are just too blood thirsty to think. (I don't blame em, given what the games like now to most)

Only real drawback is a lack of damage unless you pack some magus melt for personal operator damage so you can still unairu revive (it's a waybound, technically everyone has it)

oh, also, hold your void mode until it charges up fully. you can casually give everyone 50 health regen for a minute. it's pretty nice for health tankers. but if you're a level limit goer... ah well.

Edited by Darkmega18
  • Like 1

While I don't disagree that Vazarin could maybe use some love -- it was the Focus school I started with, as a healer main in basically everything else I play -- I do actually agree with Darkmega that it can still be pretty effective. Maybe not as much as it used to be, but still...

I often run Vazarin in Steel Circuit pub groups; it's great because I can Transference -> Guardian Shell -> Transference back when everyone's clustered up near a defense target (or a rupture in Void Flood, or an extractor in Excavation), I can hop out and yoink enemies together into a little ball of enemies and then dash through them to heal up our defense objective or extractor quickly, etc. Vazarin's also very useful for healing up Chipper when that suicidal lunatic tries to get himself killed during Archon Hunt defense missions. (I refuse to give Chipper a weapon any more; I swear it just encourages him to be even more reckless.)

Bonus for the first few revives of someone else being instant -- that's very useful at times.