Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can you share AI generated Concept Warframe Art?

Jexshot

10 hours ago, Sporthand said:

kMiEh7w.png

You have nice drawings, but I'd prefer to have AI art unless you can draw the golden armored beautiful operator and Golden Chad Rhino Prime.

Plenty of people are out there you can commission to draw what you want. With time, I'm also sure you could learn to draw your frame.

The AI isn't, frankly.  Very little, if anything in any of the pieces here are something I'd really mistake for Warframe's artstyle. It has none of the creativity or distinct flair of the style. And frankly, the generator you're using isn't producing great-quality images anyway, regardless of that fact. As much as Warframe sometimes intentionally obfuscates what different bits of a gun are (Rubico comes to mind), their lines are straight when they're supposed to be, and things that are meant to be lined up are.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Plenty of people are out there you can commission to draw what you want. With time, I'm also sure you could learn to draw your frame.

The AI isn't, frankly.  Very little, if anything in any of the pieces here are something I'd really mistake for Warframe's artstyle. It has none of the creativity or distinct flair of the style. And frankly, the generator you're using isn't producing great-quality images anyway, regardless of that fact. As much as Warframe sometimes intentionally obfuscates what different bits of a gun are (Rubico comes to mind), their lines are straight when they're supposed to be, and things that are meant to be lined up are.

There are not many people I can commission to draw what I want. Many were making excuses that they tried to draw, ignoring my opinion despite showing my sketches though my imaginations! Imagine that I sketched my main protagonist, but artists showed the ugliest portraits before me and asked for hundreds of dollars as they made an effort. I strongly denied their commission after they argued what they wanted. Where are the artists genuinely expressing beauty instead of glorifying and justifying ugly artworks?

Besides, I am just posting the random AI-generated artworks relevant to Warframe, and I never thought they were here to argue.

5 hours ago, Sporthand said:

There are not many people I can commission to draw what I want. Many were making excuses that they tried to draw, ignoring my opinion despite showing my sketches though my imaginations! Imagine that I sketched my main protagonist, but artists showed the ugliest portraits before me and asked for hundreds of dollars as they made an effort. I strongly denied their commission after they argued what they wanted. Where are the artists genuinely expressing beauty instead of glorifying and justifying ugly artworks?

I don't follow a lot of artists with specifically experience with Warframe experience, but of the ones I do know, Welcome to Hawker's nest — Hawk does commissions! (tumblr.com) is currently taking commisions, and does Digital Painting, which seems to be what you're after. Commissioning both your Warframe and your Operator through them would set you back about 120 dollars - 160 if you also wanted a nice background. Obviously this would come down to specific negotiation, but those are the prices they've set.

If you don't like this person's style, DE also hosts a ton of fan artists through the custom displays available in game, and provides credit. If you like any of their styles, then you can probably hit one of them up for a commission, if not now, then by following them and seeing if they become free. And of course, there's plenty of artists without experience with Warframe who you can likely follow.

Besides, I am just posting the random AI-generated artworks relevant to Warframe, and I never thought they were here to argue.

Generative AI is controversial, to put it nicely. Most artists have a distaste for it, at least in terms of using it as the sole element (and not using it as an assistive tool). This isn't just a snootiness thing - it puts artists - in particular, entry level artists - livelihoods at even greater risk than... well, the rest of the soul-crushing, capitalist hellscape the world already is, and it also is programmed to steal both the art styles and the art itself for use in training algorithms, in disrespect (though not legally in violation - yet) of the Artist's copyright, and without their consent. Not to mention more generic worries such as environmental impacts, the use of fresh water for the cooling of large AI hosting centers, and data storage.

AI as it is is incapable of generating new ideas, originality, or an actual understanding of what it's producing, just pattern recreation - consider in the background of the latest post, there's a bunch of guns flying around like spaceships. The AI doesn't understand the difference. And if/when it become capable of doing that, there's a whole different number of problems a bit bigger than this, but that's not for... an equally uncomfortably unknown number of years.

Even if you don't care about the above, or believe that the benefits of generative AI outweigh the risks (I'll gladly admit it brings down the cost of production of other aspects of art, which is good for non-profit elements such as dungeons and dragons campaigns, and as sstated it can be a valuable assistive tool) it still behooves you to support human artists. Human artists are who created the IP you're inspired by, and produced the art the AI is trained off of. Continuing to support them, ultimately, means supporting the AI art itself on a more real level.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Welcome to Hawker's nest — Hawk does commissions! (tumblr.com) is currently taking commisions, and does Digital Painting, which seems to be what you're after.

Thank you for your effort. Honestly, her artwork won't improve my novel artwork since she isn't better than my drawings.  

Commissioning both your Warframe and your Operator through them would set you back about 120 dollars - 160 if you also wanted a nice background. Obviously this would come down to specific negotiation, but those are the prices they've set.

It's costly to replace my artwork without improvements.

If you don't like this person's style, DE also hosts a ton of fan artists through the custom displays available in game, and provides credit. If you like any of their styles, then you can probably hit one of them up for a commission, if not now, then by following them and seeing if they become free. And of course, there's plenty of artists without experience with Warframe who you can likely follow.

No, I wouldn't do that if I empty my wallets. No thanks! It will be more wasteful not to guarantee their artwork. They would draw empty feeling artworks for money motivation.

Generative AI is controversial, to put it nicely. Most artists have a distaste for it, at least in terms of using it as the sole element (and not using it as an assistive tool). This isn't just a snootiness thing - it puts artists - in particular, entry level artists - livelihoods at even greater risk than... well, the rest of the soul-crushing, capitalist hellscape the world already is, and it also is programmed to steal both the art styles and the art itself for use in training algorithms, in disrespect (though not legally in violation - yet) of the Artist's copyright, and without their consent. Not to mention more generic worries such as environmental impacts, the use of fresh water for the cooling of large AI hosting centers, and data storage.

AI as it is is incapable of generating new ideas, originality, or an actual understanding of what it's producing, just pattern recreation - consider in the background of the latest post, there's a bunch of guns flying around like spaceships. The AI doesn't understand the difference. And if/when it become capable of doing that, there's a whole different number of problems a bit bigger than this, but that's not for... an equally uncomfortably unknown number of years.

Even if you don't care about the above, or believe that the benefits of generative AI outweigh the risks (I'll gladly admit it brings down the cost of production of other aspects of art, which is good for non-profit elements such as dungeons and dragons campaigns, and as sstated it can be a valuable assistive tool) it still behooves you to support human artists. Human artists are who created the IP you're inspired by, and produced the art the AI is trained off of. Continuing to support them, ultimately, means supporting the AI art itself on a more real level.

I do support human artists, but if their artworks are excellent with expression, they wouldn't be worried and care less about AI-generated artwork since they know the AI artwork won't hurt them at all. Even famous and professional artists use AI-generated art systems, like Photoshop, to edit their artwork to even more beautiful styles.

At 1:36~46 (Ornstein and Smough), I wish to see my Rhino Prime and operator show like them. Besides, these are AI artworks that YouTube had previously deleted, but someone had retrieved them.

Edited by Sporthand

9 hours ago, Sporthand said:

I do support human artists, but if their artworks are excellent with expression, they wouldn't be worried and care less about AI-generated artwork since they know the AI artwork won't hurt them at all. Even famous and professional artists use AI-generated art systems, like Photoshop, to edit their artwork to even more beautiful styles.

At 1:36~46 (Ornstein and Smough), I wish to see my Rhino Prime and operator show like them. Besides, these are AI artworks that YouTube had previously deleted, but someone had retrieved them.

It's genuinely bizzare to see you hold up 'expression' and avoiding 'empty feeling artworks for money motivation' as reasons to support AI over human artists, because frankly, that's all I see AI artwork as being - cold, lifeless, often expressionless, and with absolutely nothing under the surface.

Just as a direct note: consider Smough. Smough isn't just a big guy in armour. His armour is deceptive and false. The 'Head' is too high up, and the supposed eyes further down also aren't where his head should be. And of course, it's golden and cherubic. This matches the character as written in the lore - a monstrous man clad in gold, just another monster behind the glittering golden ideals of Lordran.

The Smough the AI depicts is just a big guy in armour. And gun to my head, if you told me either of the women next to him was Ornstein without the context? I wouldn't believe you. Especially since Ornstein is. Y'know. A man. 

This feeling is further compounded by the fact that you keep pointing out the financial reason you don't want to hire artists. Citing an apparent distate for artists who work soley for profit whilst also citing that you don't want to pay... it's not a good look.

All that being said though, if you need AI art to get your novel out, though, more power to you. At least you're putting something original out to the world yourself in your writing (I would hope, unless you're using ChatGPT to write it for you or something). But I would urge you to, if it is successful, to hire actual artists for future projects. You will get better results.

• Like 2

It's genuinely bizzare to see you hold up 'expression' and avoiding 'empty feeling artworks for money motivation' as reasons to support AI over human artists, because frankly, that's all I see AI artwork as being - cold, lifeless, often expressionless, and with absolutely nothing under the surface.

I don't understand what you are saying, and I'm afraid I have to disagree. Many human artists keep generating trash art for money rather than the true art meaning or being political activists to excuse their poor artworks. In contrast, AI-generated artists can do better than those rubbish works. It angers me and does not fulfill the true feeling of art from even genuine human artworks.

The Smough the AI depicts is just a big guy in armour. And gun to my head, if you told me either of the women next to him was Ornstein without the context? I wouldn't believe you. Especially since Ornstein is. Y'know. A man. 

Regardless of what you said, Ornstein, a girl is better, in my opinion. Many people were impressed, and you might be shocked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sipMrU5OBSU: BunnymonTV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhTQFMBgbcQ : Asmongold

This feeling is further compounded by the fact that you keep pointing out the financial reason you don't want to hire artists. Citing an apparent distate for artists who work soley for profit whilst also citing that you don't want to pay... it's not a good look.

It's not the financial reason you think. They keep generating poor art and politicizing it regardless of money! In my opinion, they should go to law school rather than art school.

At least you're putting something original out to the world yourself in your writing

I do drawing and writing my novel by myself. I hope you feel relieved!

But I would urge you to, if it is successful, to hire actual artists for future projects. You will get better results.

I highly doubt that you are generalizing the artists who almost ruined my artwork and the handwriting of my novel! I wonder why less than 10% of artists are thriving.

26 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

I don't understand what you are saying, and I'm afraid I have to disagree. Many human artists keep generating trash art for money rather than the true art meaning or being political activists to excuse their poor artworks. In contrast, AI-generated artists can do better than those rubbish works. It angers me and does not fulfill the true feeling of art from even genuine human artworks.

I can't help but notice that you've omitted the analysis of why the Smough AI is considerably more devoid of emotion and thematic relevance than the AI version - being more bland, generic and artistic. And no offense, most of the work you've posted here isn't exactly depicting anything that meaningful. (and I'll be getting back to that 'political' note.)

30 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

Regardless of what you said, Ornstein, a girl is better, in my opinion. Many people were impressed, and you might be shocked!

I'm quite aware of the surface-level reaction that was had to a lot of early AI artwork, (I was impressed myself) but now the novelty's worn off I don't think a lot of people are having that same reaction. It's also worth remembering that reaction videos are content. They're 'ooh look at the thing'. Either you react in an over exaggeratedly positive way or negative. Note that Asmon isn't exactly giving any reason it's better for Ornstein to look that way, and that neither would recognise them as Ornstein if it wasn't for the timestamps.

36 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

It's not the financial reason you think. They keep generating poor art and politicizing it regardless of money! In my opinion, they should go to law school rather than art school.

By 'Politicizing it', do you mean 'acknowledging that gay people exist'? Or some other variation of the artists being 'Woke', or something to that effect?

Because all art is political, or at least all art that's got something to say. Warframe's pretty damn political. One of the main bad guy factions is literally just capitalism. The other OG bad guy faction is colonialism. 

40 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

I do drawing and writing my novel by myself. I hope you feel relieved!

I am, though it yet baffles me that you're an artist yourself, presumably one who wishes to be paid for the time they're putting in writing and illustrating their book, and yet seem rather resistant to the idea of paying other artists for theirs, with the assertion that every single artist you've found simply isn't very good.

41 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

I highly doubt that you are generalizing the artists who almost ruined my artwork and the handwriting of my novel! I wonder why less than 10% of artists are thriving.

No offense.

But the last person I saw who insisted that everyone else they hired for their project was ruining their artwork and creative vision and thus was rejecting the idea of hiring other humans out of course was YandereDev. And that's not exactly a flattering comparison.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

41 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I can't help but notice that you've omitted the analysis of why the Smough AI is considerably more devoid of emotion and thematic relevance than the AI version - being more bland, generic and artistic. And no offense, most of the work you've posted here isn't exactly depicting anything that meaningful. (and I'll be getting back to that 'political' note.)

Human artworks in my point of view are generally more blended and have no meaning of artworks these days, while the AI artwork generators do their jobs for many people and assist even great artists.

I'm quite aware of the surface-level reaction that was had to a lot of early AI artwork, (I was impressed myself) but now the novelty's worn off I don't think a lot of people are having that same reaction. It's also worth remembering that reaction videos are content. They're 'ooh look at the thing'. Either you react in an over exaggeratedly positive way or negative. Note that Asmon isn't exactly giving any reason it's better for Ornstein to look that way, and that neither would recognise them as Ornstein if it wasn't for the timestamps.

I see people's reactions as positive. I don't understand why you defend artists who do not produce artistic fulfillment. Besides, we generally don't need to tell in detail how the AI beautiful artworks are. You don't need to argue about those! As I know, a piece of beautiful artwork can change someone's life and mind.

By 'Politicizing it', do you mean 'acknowledging that gay people exist'? Or some other variation of the artists being 'Woke', or something to that effect?

Because all art is political, or at least all art that's got something to say. Warframe's pretty damn political. One of the main bad guy factions is literally just capitalism. The other OG bad guy faction is colonialism. 

While many know little about those terms, real artists do their jobs to serve the community. I agree with the contents of the political ingredients necessary to create the conflicts. However, weighing too many unnecessary ingredients can ruin a masterpiece. I don't care about political stuff from developers, but I care about genuine artwork and gameplay. If art is not their main source of income, then going for election will be a better idea.   

But the last person I saw who insisted that everyone else they hired for their project was ruining their artwork and creative vision and thus was rejecting the idea of hiring other humans out of course was YandereDev. And that's not exactly a flattering comparison.

I don't know who you are referring to that ruining the entire work after hiring incapable artists.

Edited by Sporthand

20 hours ago, Sporthand said:

While many know little about those terms, real artists do their jobs to serve the community. I agree with the contents of the political ingredients necessary to create the conflicts. However, weighing too many unnecessary ingredients can ruin a masterpiece. I don't care about political stuff from developers, but I care about genuine artwork and gameplay. If art is not their main source of income, then going for election will be a better idea.   

Didn't you proclaim you dislike it when artists are doing art for money? What, are Artists supposed to eat their own paintings or something? And what does 'Serving the community' mean in this context?

You're just throwing out random, vague, contradictory terms at this point.

You also keep repeating that AI art is 'Beautiful', and yeah, Beauty's in the eye of the beholder. But by that same token, I don't think most of this is beautiful. And given that there's absolutely nothing else under the surface, I cannot see any value here, except what I can only describe as a disdain for artists. You claim that they're all incapable of doing what you want them to do, that they all make ugly, meaningless work, but you refuse to ever specify.

20 hours ago, Sporthand said:

I don't know who you are referring to that ruining the entire work after hiring incapable artists.

A self-obsessed man who had success most indie devs can only dream of in the palm of his hand, people willing to work for him for free, and massive online support for his game, only to throw it all away because he insisted that everyone who worked for him was some flavour of rank amateur that wasn't able to match the vision of his work, often in spite of that work being pivotal to elements of the game's success and in more than a few cases, being objectively superior to his own (mostly in respects to technical elements, specifically code optimisation). He also is a supporter of AI art.

(He also groomed minors, plural, which is technically irrelevant, but I feel that it's the sort of thing one ought to know.)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Didn't you proclaim you dislike it when artists are doing art for money? What, are Artists supposed to eat their own paintings or something? And what does 'Serving the community' mean in this context?

Practically, I recommend that art should not be the primary income source if they are not good artists! Artists have at least a daytime job and spend their free time on artwork. But good artists thrive regardless of what the AI art system does jobs.

You're just throwing out random, vague, contradictory terms at this point.

Please show me what I am saying, but my stand is clear: I am not hiring arrogant and foolish artists who can't handle the simplest job of art fulfillment. That's why AI art systems come to reality before arrogant ones.

You also keep repeating that AI art is 'Beautiful', and yeah, Beauty's in the eye of the beholder. But by that same token, I don't think most of this is beautiful. And given that there's absolutely nothing else under the surface, I cannot see any value here, except what I can only describe as a disdain for artists. You claim that they're all incapable of doing what you want them to do, that they all make ugly, meaningless work, but you refuse to ever specify.

Didn't you proclaim you dislike it when artists are doing art for money?

Again, why do you specify beauty when people say it is beautiful? The real thing is when customers open their wallets without telling about your artwork. The self-styled artists are uglifying the characters and boasting about their poor work by themselves, and I refuse to pay them as they refuse my demands.

A self-obsessed man who had success most indie devs can only dream of in the palm of his hand, people willing to work for him for free, and massive online support for his game, only to throw it all away because he insisted that everyone who worked for him was some flavour of rank amateur that wasn't able to match the vision of his work,

People are willing to work for him for free. Later, they can get paid after he succeeds. 

some flavour of rank amateur that wasn't able to match the vision of his work,

Novel and simple indie games are different! So, I would not like to hear any excuse for arrogant artists butchering my art, nor do I share with anonymous stealing my ideas.

(He also groomed minors, plural, which is technically irrelevant, but I feel that it's the sort of thing one ought to know.)

Why do you even mention it and him in the first place?

Edited by Sporthand

Please show me what I am saying, but my stand is clear: I am not hiring arrogant and foolish artists who can't handle the simplest job of art fulfillment. That's why AI art systems come to reality before arrogant ones.

Well this is one right here, if you want one example. You're painting every artist by the same brush here. I mean, I've pointed you in the direction of several art options, and you've made it clear you haven't even been in contact.

How exactly can you claim them as arrogant if you haven't even talked to them?

Again, why do you specify beauty when people say it is beautiful? The real thing is when customers open their wallets without telling about your artwork. They are uglifying the characters and boasting about their poor work by themselves, and I refuse to pay them as they refuse my demands.

When you say 'Uglifying' do you mean something like this comparison?Обзор игры Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition, 51% OFF

Original on the left, 'Beautified' version by fans on the right, to clarify.

People are willing to work for him for free. Later, they can get paid after he succeeds. 

No, they were working with no expectation of pay at all. I mention it to highlight exactly how successful he was. I cannot emphasise the past tense more than I already am.

Why do you even mention it and him in the first place?

Like I said, it's technically irrelevant, but it feels like the sort of thing that ought to be mentioned when introducing this guy to a person who's never heard of him. As for why I brought him up, you're giving similar talking points and philosophies to him. I mean in respects to art and AI, to clarify, though in retrospect I can see why you might think otherwise.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

You're painting every artist by the same brush here.

I agree that every artist is different and should not be judged altogether. However, artists blaming AI art have no place to argue because their jobs are in danger rather than their lack of work ethics and inspiration.

I've pointed you in the direction of several art options, and you've made it clear you haven't even been in contact.

How exactly can you claim them as arrogant if you haven't even talked to them?

I met 6 artists who altered my characters' looks. Their price is overwhelming! Asking for money as they did hard work to specify my character's look. When I saw their drawing. They made my protagonists 60 years older than my sketch! I was shocked they made my characters in the ugliest appearances (gaining more weight and more wrinkles). I asked the artists to change the character's appearance as their works shouldn't be in my novel. But, they asked for additional money to change and have the same results. I asked why my protagonist looked more aged than my sketches. They claim it's realistic looking and should not be objectifying women in this world! So, I rejected their work and did not pay them for their further garbage job because they made excuses against their work ethics.

Asking hundreds of dollars and justifying to uglify my character look is NOT OKAY!

I felt they almost butchered my imagination! So, I canceled their contracts and strongly rejected their pay and artworks in my novel. 

Original on the left, 'Beautified' version by fans on the right, to clarify.

Both don't seem suitable for my novels and don't make the art fulfillment from them!

I am curious why the original work is ugly in the first place, as the developers may have abundant resources at that billionaire company.

I am also curious about which of those pictures you prefer.

No, they were working with no expectation of pay at all.

So, they worked for their portfolio. I wish I met them instead of those junks I had.  

I mention it to highlight exactly how successful he was. I cannot emphasise the past tense more than I already am.

"was" but okay.

Like I said, it's technically irrelevant, but it feels like the sort of thing that ought to be mentioned when introducing this guy to a person who's never heard of him. As for why I brought him up, you're giving similar talking points and philosophies to him. I mean in respects to art and AI, to clarify, though in retrospect I can see why you might think otherwise.

I don't know him very much, but I don't trust any rumor until it's proven! Rumors can spread easily, but it's very dangerous to think of him when somebody accuses him until he is proven guilty. Many professional and talented artists use AI art tools to finalize their works, as a cyclist uses his car to reach his long-distance destination. I believe talented artists should not be limited by AI art systems as AI art can be their greatest tool to speed up and give great advantages to their artwork. 

Edited by Sporthand

On 2024-07-06 at 2:55 AM, Sporthand said:

I met 6 artists who altered my characters' looks. Their price is overwhelming! Asking for money as they did hard work to specify my character's look. When I saw their drawing. They made my protagonists 60 years older than my sketch! I was shocked they made my characters in the ugliest appearances (gaining more weight and more wrinkles). I asked the artists to change the character's appearance as their works shouldn't be in my novel. But, they asked for additional money to change and have the same results. I asked why my protagonist looked more aged than my sketches. They claim it's realistic looking and should not be objectifying women in this world! So, I rejected their work and did not pay them for their further garbage job because they made excuses against their work ethics.

At some point you might have to start wondering whether or not you just have a distorted perspective of what women  look like. Or in general, depending on how they look before 'gaining weight', at least if you're going for any form of style like  the sort you're producing with the AI.

As for the prices, digital paintings take hours of careful work, and so they command higher prices. If you want cheaper illustrations, ask for less detailed work. Hell, maybe you can even get your less wrinkly faces and thinner bodies in a more stylised aesthetic. Either way, as I've said, I'm assuming you want to be paid for your novel? If so, stop complaining about people wanting to be paid for their own work.

Both don't seem suitable for my novels and don't make the art fulfillment from them!

I am curious why the original work is ugly in the first place, as the developers may have abundant resources at that billionaire company.

I am also curious about which of those pictures you prefer.

The one that looks like an actual woman.

I agree that every artist is different and should not be judged altogether. However, artists blaming AI art have no place to argue because their jobs are in danger rather than their lack of work ethics and inspiration.

And given that YOU are an artist who's job is in danger?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Loza03 said:

At some point you might have to start wondering whether or not you just have a distorted perspective of what women  look like.

What kind of thinking is a distorted perspective? Are you living in an unhealthy neighborhood or living on a different planet? In my place, many beautiful ladies are walking on the street you would never imagine. 

As for the prices, digital paintings take hours of careful work, and so they command higher prices. If you want cheaper illustrations, ask for less detailed work. Hell, maybe you can even get your less wrinkly faces and thinner bodies in a more stylised aesthetic. Either way, as I've said, I'm assuming you want to be paid for your novel? If so, stop complaining about people wanting to be paid for their own work.

As you justify what you want, I don't need to pay them as they don't produce what their client demand. I would hire and pay any artist who does work amazingly, regardless of the price. Is it kind of saying, "Shut up, do as I said?" That's what a scammer would say. 

If you can't do your job, don't get hired in the first place because we know you are not an artist.

The one that looks like an actual woman.

Let me guess. You like the picture you show on the left. That's why that billionaire company is failing in the game business. I presume because con artists justify the uglification of characters.

9 hours ago, Loza03 said:

And given that YOU are an artist who's job is in danger?

No, I don't consider jobs for good artists in danger as they are genuinely talented. Did I tell myself as an artist? No.

15 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

What kind of thinking is a distorted perspective? Are you living in an unhealthy neighborhood or living on a different planet? In my place, many beautiful ladies are walking on the street you would never imagine. 

Given your self-professed standards? Perhaps you're living exclusively around 18-year-old supermodels with professional makeup... but I doubt it.

16 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

As you justify what you want, I don't need to pay them as they don't produce what their client demand. I would hire and pay any artist who does work amazingly, regardless of the price. Is it kind of saying, "Shut up, do as I said?" That's what a scammer would say. 

If you can't do your job, don't get hired in the first place because we know you are not an artist.

And I suppose anyone who doesn't think your own novel is great can have it for free, hm?

17 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

Let me guess. You like the picture you show on the left. That's why that billionaire company is failing in the game business. I presume because con artists justify the uglification of characters.

That game made, by my estimates, five hundred million dollars against a budget of two hundred and twelve million.

18 minutes ago, Sporthand said:

No, I don't consider jobs for good artists in danger as they are genuinely talented. Did I tell myself as an artist? No.

Ah yes, which is why Van Gogh made so much money...

Or are you going to tell me he was a talentless hack?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Given your self-professed standards? Perhaps you're living exclusively around 18-year-old supermodels with professional makeup... but I doubt it.

You don't need to be living in an exclusive area. Does your area have a grocery store nearby, or do you live in a food desert area? And do you generalize women as ugly?

And I suppose anyone who doesn't think your own novel is great can have it for free, hm?

Then, don't get hired and alter my novel if you are a con artist.  

That game made, by my estimates, five hundred million dollars against a budget of two hundred and twelve million.

I don't think that's true based on the picture you showed. The game has a bad reputation for character setup as the developers scanned the actual beautiful models and uglified the 3d model. Truly, the con artists suck dried the budget of the billionaire industries.

Ah yes, which is why Van Gogh made so much money...

Or are you going to tell me he was a talentless hack?

Vahn Gogh is a talented artist, as later people acknowledged. If he is not talented, how would he be remembered as a great artist even in his later life?

Edited by Sporthand

I love how none of these AI pictures look even remotely like they fit Warframe aesthetic, it's all just over-produced junk.

I'm also glad at least a couple of other people in here care enough to speak out against all of this AI nonsense.

• Like 4

When I was a teen, I drew a lot of uncolored pictures and was frequently regarded as something of an artist by both my peers and adults.  I didn't have any formal training because I just liked to draw as a hobby and I stubbornly wanted to do my own thing.  Which was fine, I was a kid having fun.

At some point, I started to realize that large amounts of white space in my character designs looked empty, and I endeavored to add additional aesthetic elements to fill in those spaces so that my drawings felt more complete.  I looked at the cartoons and comics that I liked to see how they solved that problem, and they used things like shadow to fill out objects.  Cool, I could do that.  So I would add shading to things  though it had no bearing on reality because I didn't understand how light actually behaved.  And regardless of my inaccuracy, just having those additional things filling space made people think my art was that much better.  Eventually, I found myself doing elaborate cross-hatching on nearly every millimeter of my characters, and the reactions I was getting from others were better than they had ever been.  Meanwhile, I had gradually started to realize that these details were meaningless, that the additional detail was actually just visual noise that served to distract from the fact that my designs and my ability to implement them were lacking.  What had started as an earnest attempt at solving a problem had become an elaborate crutch made of jingling keys that I was being applauded for.

Often when I see so-called "AI" art, I'm reminded of that phase of my life.  Like my teen self, "AI" doesn't actually know why a certain part of an image has shade while others don't, where that shading should begin and end, nor how to express a 3-dimensional image on a 2-dimensional plane.  Like my teen self, it simply apes its betters.  But unlike my teen self, "AI" can never learn that its results are hollow and flawed, nor can it seek to better itself by learning about the real world and the actual process of creating art.  And thus, "AI" is stuck; it will be an uneducated teen forever.

So "AI" will continue to create non-Euclidean objects in non-Euclidean spaces, to poorly guesstimate its lighting, to give or take an extra finger here and there.  To get actual value from image-generating "AI", there will always be a need for humans: either to employ the skills of an actual artist to touch up everything the "AI" messed up, or to fish through the mountains of trash they output to curate the rare images that through happenstance end up feeling "passable enough" to show to a lay audience.