Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are a bunch of Melee weapons with features tied to their Combo Count/Heavy Attack?

Zahnrad

Question

Trying to cut a long story short. I think the Rauta is a cool shotgun, being able to build Combo Count without using Melee, and I'm not a big melee lover in Warframe as I prefer a more gunplay.

I know the Zenistar exists, but I'm looking for weapons that have some sort of effects or mechanics related to the Combo Count or Heavy Attacks.

8 answers to this question

What you're looking for are probably pseudo exalted weapons (Whiplash, Shattered Lash) - they benefit greatly from a high combo count.

Building combo via the Rauta to then heavy attack with your melee seems too clunky and not worth it IMO. Especially since you cannot heavy attack unless you equip the melee first (unlike light attacks).

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

What you're looking for are probably pseudo exalted weapons (Whiplash, Shattered Lash) - they benefit greatly from a high combo count.

Building combo via the Rauta to then heavy attack with your melee seems too clunky and not worth it IMO. Especially since you cannot heavy attack unless you equip the melee first (unlike light attacks).

That's cool and all but not at all what I was wanting. I'm aware of the clunkiness of switching to a melee and heavy attacking and I'm fine with that.

• Like 1

One option to explore would be the Tenet melee weapons with special attacks - Grigori (combo count also increases the disc range), Exec (heavy slam attack shockwaves benefit from combo) & Agendus

Another suggestion is the Jugulus set - the number of tendrils spawned increases with combo count (unlikely to result in anything good, though)

There's possibly something to be done with the Vitrica - the wiki claims that the damage from exploding glassed enemies with a heavy slam benefits from the combo counter (although you'd need to slot the aerial attack to glass enemies into the loop to make that work).

8 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

That's cool and all but not at all what I was wanting. I'm aware of the clunkiness of switching to a melee and heavy attacking and I'm fine with that.

In that case; There are some new Incarnon melees that need you to be at 6x combo to activate incarnon mode, when they are most effectively played as heavy attack weapons (usually a permanent 2x without combo building). The Rauta could make these more playable as a 6-12x heavy weapon. Ceramic Dagger, Nami Solo, Sibear.

If you really want to overkill something you could make a Glaive Prime 12x heavy attack build - as a plus here you don't need to switch to use the heavy attack.

You mentioned the Zenistar already.

I don't think there's much there, sorry.

42 minutes ago, drnlmza said:

One option to explore would be the Tenet melee weapons with special attacks - Grigori (combo count also increases the disc range), Exec (heavy slam attack shockwaves benefit from combo) & Agendus

Had 30 Holo keys and got lucky on a Veil fissure getting 10 more first try.

Grigori definitely looks and feels cool but the fact they put it on specifically a SLIDE Heavy attack sadly makes it very difficult to aim. If DE were to just remove the slide attack part and make it any heavy attack I could see myself using this.

Keratinos is a cool one I've been using a lot with Kullervo.  Gets just under 2.8m extra range for a few minutes when a heavy attack is made at 12x combo.  Looks neat, and has its own special heavy combo that is better and more useful than the standard claw heavy.

I also agree Keratinos is a cool one. Others are Quassus and Arum Spinosa Warfans which on heavy attacks throw out projectiles which force proc slash & toxin respectively.

Glaives like Falcor, Cerata, etc that force proc an elemental on heavy attack (so not Glaive Prime) are underrated choices because the forced proc combines with your modded elements to change the forced proc type AND it will still proc it's original elemental type at the same time. So for example Falcor force procs Electric and if you modded Magnetic/Toxin then it'll force proc both Magnetic & Electric on heavy attack - I find this combo works really well against Corpus because the upfront Toxin damage kills the trash, the forced proc Magnetic takes out the shields of anything that's still standing, and the forced proc Electric then finishes them off. As we know Glaive Prime is not so useful against Corpus so Falcor is an excellent choice here.

• Like 1

On 2023-07-31 at 1:45 PM, Zahnny said:

Grigori definitely looks and feels cool but the fact they put it on specifically a SLIDE Heavy attack sadly makes it very difficult to aim. If DE were to just remove the slide attack part and make it any heavy attack I could see myself using this.

You don't strictly need to be sliding to launch the projectile with the Grigori - you can also launch it via doing two normal heavy attacks in quick succession. This does require you to slap on a chunk of heavy attack efficiency to get much benefit from, but is something you could play around with.