Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inverted Tap/Hold Ability Setting for Titania not applying to Spellbind

Voltage

Just so I understand the issue correctly. are you trying to make it so you tap to cast Spellbind on yourself as opposed to long press?  I didn't even know that was a thing or just never thought about it much at all I guess.  So what happens when you attempt to make it One Tap to cast Spellbind on yourself?  Does it do nothing or just do the same action that one tap already does?  Sorry if I ask dumb questions but I never touch customizing the controls, probably because I use a controller and not a keyboard. Can you change any other Ability on a Warframe from a long press action to a one tap and have it work like it should?  It would be weird if only on Titania it doesn't work but not surprising because after all it is DE! 

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Does it do nothing or just do the same action that one tap already does?

Spellbind doesn't change in any way, it essentially ignores the setting.

Yes, other abilities can be changed - as I mentioned Tribute can be toggled between "hold to select next tribute" and "tap to select next tribute".

10 hours ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Just so I understand the issue correctly. are you trying to make it so you tap to cast Spellbind on yourself as opposed to long press?  I didn't even know that was a thing or just never thought about it much at all I guess.  So what happens when you attempt to make it One Tap to cast Spellbind on yourself?  Does it do nothing or just do the same action that one tap already does?  Sorry if I ask dumb questions but I never touch customizing the controls, probably because I use a controller and not a keyboard. Can you change any other Ability on a Warframe from a long press action to a one tap and have it work like it should?  It would be weird if only on Titania it doesn't work but not surprising because after all it is DE! 

Yes, I want to change the setting so self cast becomes a tap and casting on an enemy becomes a hold. Spellbind ignores this setting and has been reported for several years. It's quite an inconvenience.

16 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Spellbind doesn't change in any way, it essentially ignores the setting.

Yes, other abilities can be changed - as I mentioned Tribute can be toggled between "hold to select next tribute" and "tap to select next tribute".

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

Yes, I want to change the setting so self cast becomes a tap and casting on an enemy becomes a hold. Spellbind ignores this setting and has been reported for several years. It's quite an inconvenience.

Thank you both for answering me.  It would seem I am ignorant of some handy QoL changes in my controller setup, assuming that they work as intended.  Sadly if you, and apparently many others, are reporting that the binding doesn't work on the Spellbind ability and hasn't for quite some time, it would seem that this bug has fallen into the abyss of unfixed items that continues to fester and grow!  I am an avid fan of Titania and having Spellbind be a Tap would most definitely be a welcome QoL change for the ability and do hope that DE can wave their proverbial magic fix-it stick and get this working like it should! The squeaky wheel gets the grease or however the saying goes so let's keep on bugging (pun intended) them until they fix it!

• Like 1