Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I now understand why people hate the Nihil fight

Hexerin

On 2023-08-05 at 3:03 PM, Els236 said:

The "spawn platform" can and will be destroyed, meaning you respawn floating in mid-air (you can also die on the spawn platform)

This must be a bug. You are actually on a platform when you respawn. Frequently Nihil will launch a shard while you are still on it. It will land on the platform & you can retrieve it from there even though you can't see the platform you are standing on. It needs to be quick though - before the platform despawns. Multiple times the shard was in the air already as I respawned and I was able to pick it up, throw it, and get off of the platform before it despawned. (The platform still changes colors before it despawns.)

Once you hit stages 2 & 3 when he starts teleporting all over the place, you just need to move in the opposite direction. If you are on a platform across the playing field when he arrives, he will almost always launch another shard at you. No sword swings to avoid at all. Though in stage 3 he will sometimes teleport multiple times without attacking between them.

On 2023-08-05 at 3:03 PM, Els236 said:

If you lose more than 1/3rd of the platforms, you might as well just quit and restart, because 99% of the time, the shards go flying off into the Void and the mission basically becomes impossible (or at least impossibly lengthy) to complete.

Not really. When I finally completed this one, there were only 5 small platforms left. I was primarily hopping between 3 of them trying to get enough distance for him to throw shards. His last 2 bits of health took about 2 minutes because of the near-constant teleporting he was doing before throwing shards.

Now that I have the Vitrica, I will not be playing this one again. There are faster and easier ways to get rivens.

I didn't find it hard. First try I died as I took a little too long to figure it out, second time I aced it easily.

I really disliked it, personally. It felt a bit clunky, not satsifying. I appreciate they tried something new, but the mechanic of baiting him to throw, picking it up and throwing back was just not that fun for me.

I've never understood why people hate it.

You see the huge telegraphed sword swings, dodge them. You see him fire a crystal, dodge it. Oh it landed on the ground, pick it up. Okay what do I do with this, throw it back. Repeat. Even if he wipes you out and breaks some platforms you learn quickly to keep moving around the arena. The fight isn't that complicated, I guess by Warframe standards it's one of the more complex fights but its still not that hard to figure out.