Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I now understand why people hate the Nihil fight

Hexerin

41 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

This fight is just painful.

SAY What, it's an easy fight, I get my keys when I see them and cut lose in there and when DE stuffed up and let us buy multiple keys depending on standing, I was doing the fight over and over, did I say it is easy, but hey learn to read the shoulder sword signs and jump.

Pro Hint always stand on the front of the platforms so he doesn't shoot the crystals off the platform, they'll always land.

Did I mention it's an easy fight.:tongue:

Edited by Slayer-.
typo left out a word
  • Like 2

Instant death mechanics, poorly communicated mechanics on how to defeat the boss. Bugged with shards stopping spawning and 'special' players claiming the fight is easy.

To this day I wonder why people ask for raids because raids would mean more complete BS like this.

Edited by Prexades
  • Like 20

8 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Instant death mechanics, poorly communicated mechanics on how to defeat the boss. Bugged with shards stopping spawning and 'special' players claiming the fight is easy.

To this day I wonder why people ask for raids because raids would mean more complete BS like this.

I know right. Imagine doing this single fight with 8 players. If one person fail the entire group fails. Eidolon is toxic enough as it is. Now add raid into the mix as well? No thanks.

• Like 10

It's only painful the first time, if you have poor reaction time, and if you're not good at maneuvering around.

And really all there is to figure out is that one of the crystals at the beginning of each phase is colored differently and that the shards he throws at you can be picked up. Beyond that assuming you can react to very telegraphed attacks and know how to land on small-ish platforms then the fight is actually rather boring.

But to be fair it does require a lot more mechanical skill than most things in the game. So while it ultimately is an easy fight it's understandable if there's some struggle to managing the boss while also moving around as the game rarely demands that players do such a thing, especially not in an environment where your build can't contribute.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Today I learned basic coordination and pattern recognition is some rare condition.

• Like 13

12 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Thank you, I must be special for an old fart at 58 thinking this fight is easy. :tongue:

Raids then you'd see more posts in here about how they should be easier. :satisfied:

• Like 4

I almost failed the mission by dying til the last revive. I totally forgot how the fight works and Nihil is among the worst shooters I've met (the shards miss the platform and fall into the void all the time). Still managed to barely beat him. Just pay attention to the horizontal swings, I think they are the only threatening attack (and it kills you instantly). I did scratch my head about the fact that rolling doesn't work against it because it has been the main method to dodge fatal attacks in the past decade.

Edited by Marvelous_A
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

snip

Pro Hint always stand on the front of the platforms so he doesn't shoot the crystals off the platform, they'll always land.

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

I almost failed the mission by dying til the last revive. I totally forgot how the fight works and Nihil is among the worst shooters I've met (the shards miss the platform and fall into the void all the time). Still managed to barely beat him. Just pay attention to the horizontal swings, I think they are the only threatening attack (and it kills you instantly).

My quote, yeah if you stand right at the back most will miss.

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

This fight is just painful.

For some players it will be harder, or more painful, than others, especially due to how much it breaks away from the content most people usually play and completely negates many strategies and tactics players would generally look to use. Once players figure out the mechanics of the fight, the way forward becomes clearer. 

Overall, reactive gameplay appears to be more efficient, but a more proactive approach can also work, though it might take longer.

• Like 3

The worst part about it is the slow projectile speed and completely unpredictable arc of the dumb shards, and the complete lack of communicating what you're suppose to do.

Once you know what to do and understand that the only reliable way to hit anything with the shards is from practically point blank range then it's not really that difficult or frustrating assuming you have a rudimentary grasp on how movement in the game works.... Which unfortunately is also something the game is really poor at communicating.

Really the entire issue with the fight is the dev's insistence on never telling you how to do anything.

It also kindof feels dumb that your loadout is entirely irrelevant.

• Like 4

Once you know what to do, the fight is really easy.

But is there any way to speed up the fight somehow? Stop the teleport spree and sword swings barrage? Really annoying on 2nd and 3rd health bar.

I know which clue crystal I should break, but the guy keeps teleporting and not shoot a crystal. Ah, finally, broke the clue crystal. The guy teleports 4-6 times and swings swords 2-3 times in a row before finally shooting a crystal, then started teleporting spree again before shooting another crystal. Drags the fight unnecessarily.

It's not hard for me, it's just.. annoying.

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, Silligoose said:

For some players it will be harder, or more painful, than others, especially due to how much it breaks away from the content most people usually play and completely negates many strategies and tactics players would generally look to use. Once players figure out the mechanics of the fight, the way forward becomes clearer. 

Overall, reactive gameplay appears to be more efficient, but a more proactive approach can also work, though it might take longer.

Totally agree, for some it is really hard and for others, it's easy, whereas other mission fights may be easy for some and not for others, that's why we exist to be different.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Gen0-234 said:

Once you know what to do, the fight is really easy.

But is there any way to speed up the fight somehow? Stop the teleport spree and sword swings barrage? Really annoying on 2nd and 3rd health bar.

I know which clue crystal I should break, but the guy keeps teleporting and not shoot a crystal. Ah, finally, broke the clue crystal. The guy teleports 4-6 times and swings swords 2-3 times in a row before finally shooting a crystal, then started teleporting spree again before shooting another crystal. Drags the fight unnecessarily.

It's not hard for me, it's just.. annoying.

That's exactly this. Nothing hard, but nothing fun either.

I had the issue yesterday, the fight went along quite nicely (a bit long as usual as I have troubles identifying the good one), but then at the last health bar he just spent ... 5 minutes straight without throwing any crystal.

• Like 4

This is so tedious and poorly-explained. The mechanics are impossibly buggy (especially waiting several minutes for him to throw a shard) and it's generally just not fun or respectful of the player's time. It makes this quite an unpleasant experience for no worthwhile reward, if you get unlucky and a string of bugs trigger. I'm not sure who was smoking what when they decided to bring this half-baked fight back, it was enough of a yawn-fest clearing it the first time.

I know that Warframe is an exercise in merciless content regurgitation, but even with that in mind, some basic quality standards would help. This was such a lame decision, seriously considering taking a break from WF for a bit, 75% off voucher notwithstanding. Maybe I'll spend the money that would have gone on that to pick up a better game on Steam.

• Like 9

Sure it's something I don't enjoy doing but in other hand it's not that hard. 

1) Wait he shoots glass from he's forehead and pick glass then throw glass into those big crystals until all of them broken.

2)Now he's not invincible so you throw glass at him and dodge when he swings sword.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

Sure it's something I don't enjoy doing but in other hand it's not that hard. 

1) Wait he shoots glass from he's forehead and pick glass then throw glass into those big crystals until all of them broken.

2)Now he's not invincible so you throw glass at him and dodge when he swings sword.

It's not all crystals, it's the correct one.

Back in that season you had to look for clues in crime scenes, the crystals are based on items in those scenes.

4 hours ago, Prexades said:

pepe-blush.gif

Special?

His attacks are very telegraphed, either jump or move to the side based on how he's going to swing his sword.

Edited by (XBOX)C11H22O11
  • Like 5