Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, can we stop with crazy difficult content PLEASE

Ivi104

9 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

Well, of course, I defend DE tooth and nail because I support each and every one of their decisions, even if they are terrible... there are many things that I don't like about Warframe, such as the hunting of eidolons, khal, which hardly has any difficulty and some absurd farms like the one with holokeys.

In 2012 I stopped dual booting linux because Ubuntu decided to send my desktop searches to Amazon. 4 years ago I decided to move to linux full time because MS was doing the same thing with Windows 10 - ok, they were sensing my desktop searches to their own servers, not Amazon, but you get the idea. Why I am telling you this? Because since I made the move to linux full time I discovered that a lot of linux users use Firefox for the wrong reason. They use it because it's not google chrome. What's the right reason you might ask, well, it's because you think it's a better browser or because for your use case it's superior. I have ever only encountered one person that though FF was a better browser and that was a web dev that was incredibly frustrated when FF did some changes to their webdev tools that made it worse than chrome.

If you think they're making horrible decisions and in place of calling them out you defend them then the only thing you can expect in the future are more terrible decisions. If you don't call them out on their S#&$ty mining system in their crappy open worlds, on the AA console crap New War tried to pull, on the S#&$ty Kahl missions, on the souls lite Duviry experience; if you pretend everything is fine, then you're the person to blame when the game you like to play finally dies. I've been playing Warframe for a year and a day. Literally. Every single day though. Sometimes it was only a mission or two, sometimes it was 8 hours straight during the weekend. I love this game. But I'm not going to excuse bad design.

The people that use FF because it's not Chrome are using it for the wrong reasons. Markets don't work like that and that's why FF is dying. FF need to be better than chrome to get market share back not stagnate because they have a guaranteed market share from a bunch of anti google fosstards. Warframe is in the exact same boat. New war might have been great for losers like Pupsker who only play warframe all day, every day, but for anyone that plays other games it was badly made AA console crap. And the fact that fallowing in its wake fewer people were playing warframe than in the year prior to it's release should tell you I'm right. I'm not afraid to call DE out on crap like that or this Nihil fight. You on the other hand are defending them even when you disagree with their decisions. You're the Warframe equivalent of a fosstard that only uses FF because it's not Chrome. Dude, this game will literally die if people that like this game as much as you do don't speak up. Stop making excuses for DE or you'll find yourself one of the last people still playing when they pull the plug on the servers because of low player counts. Call them out now while they can still correct the course they're taking the game into.

hace 8 horas, AlucardNoir dijo:

In 2012 I stopped dual booting linux because Ubuntu decided to send my desktop searches to Amazon. 4 years ago I decided to move to linux full time because MS was doing the same thing with Windows 10 - ok, they were sensing my desktop searches to their own servers, not Amazon, but you get the idea. Why I am telling you this? Because since I made the move to linux full time I discovered that a lot of linux users use Firefox for the wrong reason. They use it because it's not google chrome. What's the right reason you might ask, well, it's because you think it's a better browser or because for your use case it's superior. I have ever only encountered one person that though FF was a better browser and that was a web dev that was incredibly frustrated when FF did some changes to their webdev tools that made it worse than chrome.

If you think they're making horrible decisions and in place of calling them out you defend them then the only thing you can expect in the future are more terrible decisions. If you don't call them out on their S#&$ty mining system in their crappy open worlds, on the AA console crap New War tried to pull, on the S#&$ty Kahl missions, on the souls lite Duviry experience; if you pretend everything is fine, then you're the person to blame when the game you like to play finally dies. I've been playing Warframe for a year and a day. Literally. Every single day though. Sometimes it was only a mission or two, sometimes it was 8 hours straight during the weekend. I love this game. But I'm not going to excuse bad design.

The people that use FF because it's not Chrome are using it for the wrong reasons. Markets don't work like that and that's why FF is dying. FF need to be better than chrome to get market share back not stagnate because they have a guaranteed market share from a bunch of anti google fosstards. Warframe is in the exact same boat. New war might have been great for losers like Pupsker who only play warframe all day, every day, but for anyone that plays other games it was badly made AA console crap. And the fact that fallowing in its wake fewer people were playing warframe than in the year prior to it's release should tell you I'm right. I'm not afraid to call DE out on crap like that or this Nihil fight. You on the other hand are defending them even when you disagree with their decisions. You're the Warframe equivalent of a fosstard that only uses FF because it's not Chrome. Dude, this game will literally die if people that like this game as much as you do don't speak up. Stop making excuses for DE or you'll find yourself one of the last people still playing when they pull the plug on the servers because of low player counts. Call them out now while they can still correct the course they're taking the game into.

wow, did you really stand out in the sarcasm part? It looks like I really should use quotes and parentheses with capital "(SARCASM)".
 If you want to highlight something, highlight where I said that DE's actions could not be criticized, what I said (I don't know if it is because of the translator or your misinterpretation) is that considering that it is a Warframe depends on each one, but that "NO IT MEANS" that the content is good and impeccable. khal for me was one of the worst updates, for another it will be duviri, archwing or railjack, or if you prefer, all the updates after the plains. what i consider warframe is what it feels like warframe gameplay it may have different mechanics and some of the equipment restricted but still feels like the game eg: railjack i consider it warframe because we can still use all our gear, but that doesn't mean it's a perfect mode, apart from the bugs, the corpus missions have a very vague design (except volatile) stuck to the same normal missions but with the railjack in the early part instead of being a major component in The mission.
nihil is just a boss fight where you have to parkour the warframe to beat him, is the fight bad? yes and also boring, is it easy? Yes, because you don't even need to be an expert or have ninja reflexes to beat him and you will face him at most "2" times in the 10 years the game has been running.

If you want to criticize, do it well, without insults or firing someone, I will never defend such a childish request to ask for things.

14 hours ago, --Leyenda-yight6 said:

If you want to criticize, do it well, without insults or firing someone, I will never defend such a childish request to ask for things.

Firstly, yes, you should point out sarcasm because that's not how it read. That being said, unless everything else in this post of yours was also sarcasm... I don't think you fully understand what that world means. As for the quoted part of your current latest reply, the guy at Coca-Cola responsible for New Coke wasn't fired. But Coke still reverted course in a matter of months. DE has done the opposite. They have embraced everything that deviated from their own cash cow's core gameplay. Somebody really needs to be fired at DE - or needed to get fired, because if they were fired now someone from Tencent would probably take their place and drive the game into mtx hell. Hell, I'm willing to bet money that the only reason Nihil came back in the first place is because DE thought their original 10 weeks of celebrations where enough and when people weren't very happy about them they added 5 more before Tenocon as a way to appease the masses - but hey, I might just be too cynical. Then again, given the state of most game franchises and AAA game studios I might not be.

EDIT. You know those things I said about New War and even the Nihil fight? I take them all back. The Jack O'Naut fight is worse. I'd go a far as to say I'd rather do the Pluto boss fight over and over again that do this fight again. Hell, I'd take Tyl Ragor and his endlessly keeping us waiting to this. It's just sooo boring. How can people like that crap? Even the nihil fight is technically more warframey than the Jack O'naut fight. Seriously, wth was DE thinking. No wonder they removed the fight from the yearly Halloween event.

I just don't get it.
This game is basically dynasty warriors. You turn your brain off and mash E or aoe the whole screen with bramma etc. There's nothing in it that's difficult. There is no end game.

Duviri is a tutorial for new players. If newbie island is "insane difficulty" then I think you are are just trolling. 

15 minutes ago, Metalgearfox said:

Duviri is a tutorial for new players.

They removed this again as a choice for new players.

Anyway, I'm bad at fights like the Nihil one, but I managed to do it after some failed attempts. I noticed it's just a game of patience, if you are not good at platforming. You can jump into the void all the time without penalties. From time to time, there will be glass shards just behind your frame, you can pick them up and then throw them at whatever you want on your way back to the void. That may deserve an F for style, but it works.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Metalgearfox:

I just don't get it.
This game is basically dynasty warriors. You turn your brain off and mash E or aoe the whole screen with bramma etc. There's nothing in it that's difficult. There is no end game.

Duviri is a tutorial for new players. If newbie island is "insane difficulty" then I think you are are just trolling. 

no. some boss fights are hardcore.

and when you must fight them solo.... well. huge gl then!

I lost to nihil once, my first time, it was fun, because it was the first challenge this game put me through.

Learn how to move and stop complaining about Nihil, and start complaining about Ediolons' "miserable drop rates".

It's kinda weird when people complain about thing like nihil

You know the (you only have to fight this boss once and his farm is over) type compared to

(infinite farms/low drop rates/multiple step process/time restricted/RNG Restricted/unfair gameplay design/annoying or unpredictable boss mechanics/mind numbing game modes, shalt i continue of thou list sire)

Then begging for a real challenge, instead hoping it's something new and different

ie you forgor what challenge is because it's rarer, especially in a rpg non-rpg designed to forget unused things, such as...    

Challenge

On 2023-08-15 at 11:52 AM, Tellmeninetails said:

Because it's challenging your mobility, not your dps.

Not in my experience. In my experience the challenge came from the horrible projectile mechanics. And guess what? the main advice people give is to be right next to your target when you fire. Mobility is only a problem for people like the OP who is limited by his own body and not for people like me. And guess what? while he mobility is never used as much as it is used in this level, this projectile system is not used anywhere else in game either.

This is a bad fight. It deviated from core gameplay - which doesn't make it hard, it makes it frustrating for people that are here for warframes, abilities and weapons choice, and not just bullet jumping - and it uses a bad projectile system that the veterans who pretend this fight is easy just recommend be ignored by just getting as close as possible to your target before firing - you know, the kind of brain dead take you'd expect from a twitch streamer or youtuber. Yes, there are people for whom the mobility is a challenge, and not a "get gud" challenge, but a "I literally can't physically do that" kind of "challenge" - which can be more than a little bit frustrating when the reason your'e playing this game is because you thought you could do everything in it and enjoy it at your own pace. But hey, what matters is the opinion of apologists who literally tell you to ignore the very notion of projectiles and just get close to those flying octohedrons as if you had a melee.

Nihil is a bad fight that deviated from the core gameplay and alienates not just people like me here for warframes but people with disabilities who otherwise enjoy the game. It isn't hard, it's pointlessly frustrating and badly designed.

Archived