Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Void Fissure : New players should not be able to join with a premade group.

Toa_Ignika

I just went in an Extermination to open a Relic in Steel Path and joined a group of 2 players, and to my surprise one of them looked surprisingly less used to Warframe gameplay it seemed.

So after we completed that mission, I went to check the profile of that player, the result was a bit shocking to me, he was at Mastery Rank 2 with MK1 weapons. Sure players that challenge themselves by staying at low MR exists, and MK1 weapons are more than usable on the Steel Path now that the Incarnon Genesis exist. But that players also had a whooping 5h of total game time. So yeah no that was a completely new account.

Wondering how it was possible for someone that new to be able to join a SP relic mission, I asked other players about it, and huh... I learned that Void Fissures in Steel Path are not locked to player who did not unlocked the Steel Path, by doing a premade group.

And as far as I know, everything else related to the Steel Path is locked to players that did not meet the requierement. So why do Void Fissures being exempt from that ?

• Like 1

Why do you care?

If the premade has a player qualified and capable of crushing Steel Path content and they want to carry their newbie teammate(s), who cares? It's not like Steel Path is any different from any other content in the game, where you can literally have one person carry the whole team (*cough* Saryn or Mesa press-4-to-win *cough*).

Edited by Pizzarugi
  • Like 2

3 days ago was my 9th Birthday since joining Warframe for the first time. 7 or so of those years I was exclusively a PS player. But for the last 2-3 years I began a new PC account, right after they officially announced that crossave was going to be a thing. I had a new work and gaming laptop, and wanted to see what the fuss was about those plat discounts PC has (and damn, they're good, but besides the point).

Not only that, crossplay was a thing, so time to "cash in" on my brother-in-law and wife who I mentored and already had high MR accounts by then.

You think I'd make the same progresson path on my second account as I did with my first? Nope, this time I had knowledge as a veteran and friends to help me restart faster. So long as I didn't become a burden until I had somewhat decent gear, which was no problem.

So if a low level player is being carried I don't see any issue, so long as the mission still succeeds by any means. I mean, I'm a veteran Loki starter who has no trouble doing any spy in the game, but even I'll trip an alarm with my Ivara every now and then.

I don't think this is such a common occurrence that we "have to put a stop to it", and at best it makes new players get to the good parts of the game faster, instead of giving up on the game.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93

Interesting

a while back DE specifically did an update to disable SP Taxis

-in response to threads where players were complaining about earning Steel Essence, but unable to spend it as they hadn't gained access to Teshin's Honors Store yet.

Guess you'll have to ask DE if SP Fissures being excepted was intentional or an oversight.

I doubt they'll care at this point though, so many glitches are piling up unfixed as it is....

11 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

Why do you care?

If the premade has a player qualified and capable of crushing Steel Path content and they want to carry their newbie teammate(s), who cares? It's not like Steel Path is any different from any other content in the game, where you can literally have one person carry the whole team (*cough* Saryn or Mesa press-4-to-win *cough*).

For consistency sakes, DE removed the taxi from Incursions and the regular Steel Path missions, they also disabled the Circuit Steel Path if you do not meet the requierements.

So why Void Fissure Steel Path are exempt from that ? To me that's an overlook that has to be put in line with the rest of Steel Path.

And if you don't think there is any issue with that, why did they fixed the Profit Taker from being taxied even without reaching max rank with Solaris United ?

Inizio dicendo che sono sempre disposto ad aiutare i nuovi giocatori,e una cosa che faccio costantemente,sia con i membri del clan a cui appartengo,o con giocatori occasionali,nella lista degli amici ho molti giocatori di maestria bassa che hanno iniziato da poco che ogni tanto chiedono aiuto per affrontare le loro missioni,come del resto ho fatto io a suo tempo quando ho iniziato a giocare,ma per quanto riguarda I contenuti SP penso che sia giusto il fatto che per accedervi bisogna soddisfare dei requisiti,PER ACCEDERE AI CONTENUTI SP BISOGNA AVER CANCELLATO TUTTI I NODI DELLA MAPPA DEL SISTEMA ORIGIN,cosa che ha fatto ognuno di noi,quindi ritengo che permettere ai nuovi giocatori di accedere a questo tipo di contenuti sia uno sbaglio,e spero che DE corregga al piu' presto questa cosa.

• 3 months later...