The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An incredibly weird experience in Duviri I just had. (More Decree picks? Guiding Hand weapon?)

Zahnrad

So, I did a long Steel Path - The Duviri Experience in solo and a bunch of things happened. I'm not sure which of these are bugs and which of these are features.

So, I had Stalker and Dread in my rotation, so naturally I built into those.

Something I noticed which I'm not sure if it's a bug or feature, but I noticed that my Dread didn't lose Incarnon Charges when switching back to its normal mode. I don't know if it's always been like that, if it's a bug, or it's a Stalker specific synergy.

Anyway, that's not the main thing. I fought Kullervo with Stalker and finished his Third "phase" off with Stalker's 1st ability, the one that teleports and performs a Finisher. It caused a glitchy cutscene to happen where my Drifter was invisible for the first few seconds and appears to have stabbed Kullervo in the back with one of his daggers I think? Hard to tell because the first few seconds they were invisible.

Anyway, I jumped into one of the Radiant Undercroft portals and did a Defense only there was a problem. "Stalker" couldn't move in any horizontal direction through walking, running and it wouldn't let me slide either. But Bullet Jump did give me horizontal movement. But since I had such a high amount of Decrees it was easier to do the defence with my Operator who could still move freely.

On the last Wave I realised "I can probably fix this if I let the enemies down me" and did that. Which worked, Stalker was able move and walk around again.

Upon leaving the Undercroft and getting a Decree I noticed the Decree menu seems to have...expanded? Even giving me more rerolls and decrees to pick from. I never remember that being a feature, and yes all the rerolls worked too.

Later still while getting Artifacts for a Shrine I noticed my Drifter's weapon wasn't firing and looking at it, I realised it wasn't my Sun & Moon or his pistol. But a weapon called "Guiding Hand" same as the ability name.

I don't know where or how I gained this but from what little testing I was able to do. It was a VERY short ranged blast. Almost like an Amp or Arca Plasmor that seems to have left a damaging field on the ground? (I'm not sure on that but it was there visually). It dealt damage and because of my decrees, 1 shot the Dax but didn't seem to Spread status's from the Status Spread decree.

Using the Guiding Hand ABILITY causes my Drifter's hand to go invisible until I unequip and re-equip "Guiding Hand"

The Guiding Hand WEAPON recharges itself after firing, but requires it to reach 100 or it wouldn't fire.

https://imgur.com/a/6wt6sHj

The whole experience was weird but this imgur link should showcase both of last two weird things in a video format.

25 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

That sounds like quite an adventure. Not sure what to make of most of it, but isn’t the cutscene where Kullervo gets stabbed in the back just standard and it’s some kind of shadow children doing it?

Yeah, it is several shadow children, wearing Wally's black Duviri mask, stabbing him. That cutscene/animation doesn't always play after defeating Kullervo, but I have gotten it a few times.

2 minutes ago, QueenofYandxre said:

Yeah, it is several shadow children, wearing Wally's black Duviri mask, stabbing him. That cutscene/animation doesn't always play after defeating Kullervo, but I have gotten it a few times.

Er. I thought it occured before defeating him. From what I recall he then does like a sweeping laser attack.

I’m wondering if OP killed him so fast they broke the game and it glitched a mid-fight cutscene

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I’m wondering if OP killed him so fast they broke the game and it glitched a mid-fight cutscene

That's what I'm curious of. Even with an Unowned Serofang Stalker's first ability insta killed the 3rd Kullervo.

10 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

That's what I'm curious of. Even with an Unowned Serofang Stalker's first ability insta killed the 3rd Kullervo.

I wish people would be clearer with what they’ve got equipped. What mods, what else in the loadout that might influence it, what school or abilities did they use? Because “X insta-kills” doesn’t necessarily mean anything when there’s so many variables and I’m guessing by default it doesn’t insta-kill

edit: 🤔 Although I guess “Unowned” narrows it down to the mods that DE have pre-installed, and Stalker is what it is

double edit: Sorry, didn’t mean to come off short

1 hour ago, Zahnny said:

Later still while getting Artifacts for a Shrine I noticed my Drifter's weapon wasn't firing and looking at it, I realised it wasn't my Sun & Moon or his pistol. But a weapon called "Guiding Hand" same as the ability name.

You're lucky, I've got this bug when fighting Orowyrm. Couldn't use Orvius to destroy energy and latch to Oro. It's somehow happen because I should've die/respawn from falling but I was able to summon kaithe. After I die without being revive by other player it'll return to normal.

Perhaps oddly, none of what you have mentioned is that or too weird, in the sense that many have encountered many of these bugs and glitches and reported them. Some are also pretty easy to replicate as well. So potentially the really weird part is if you managed to avoid all of them until they all hit you in one session, all at once. 

Anyway across various Forums, this one Reddit, etc can have speculation/talk about a few of what you encountered, like the idea Drifter may have had a different/new weapon that was somewhat stripped or merged with Guiding Hand mechanics. When you die, getting extra Decrees and Rerolls can be pretty common (I hardly die in Duviri, so I don't know how frequent an issue this is, but usually when I die, its due to Orowyrm glitching but also, dying is one of the best ways to resolve other issues/glitches that occur as you figured out smartly yourself), and that bug happens to me every single time I do die. Amusingly the more you die, the more options and rerolls you can get. I saw a thread/image of someone with a scroll wheel there were so many Decree options/Reroll options. 

Main thing though is hopefully you were able to extract/save progress etc. 

Anyway I had some of my own weird experiences in Duviri. One time I went to do an Enigma puzzle, and when I threw the blue orb into the golden circular cups that hold them, a half man, half Kaithe creature emerged, twisting itself out of such a small space, its body contorted, as it freed itself. It was a normal size for a man, like it wasn't small, but somehow it still came out of the golden cup. It chased me around for a bit until I fell off one of the islands, then I heard the Man in the Wall laugh, and then everything went back to normal. Well, as normal as Duviri is. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Perhaps oddly, none of what you have mentioned is that or too weird, in the sense that many have encountered many of these bugs and glitches and reported them. Some are also pretty easy to replicate as well. So potentially the really weird part is if you managed to avoid all of them until they all hit you in one session, all at once.

Main thing though is hopefully you were able to extract/save progress etc.

Yeah, I did two of the Radiant Undercroft portals but figured I'd get out of there before anything more weird happens and skipped the third. Normally I tend to avoid bugs so it was pretty surreal getting that many and got me questioning if some of the stuff was or wasn't bugs.

6 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Yeah, I did two of the Radiant Undercroft portals but figured I'd get out of there before anything more weird happens and skipped the third. Normally I tend to avoid bugs so it was pretty surreal getting that many and got me questioning if some of the stuff was or wasn't bugs.

Yep same. I remember one run, I encountered a glitch when going to fight the Orowyrm, but the problem was... I had around 40 Decrees and a few of them were armour related, plus I have max intrinsics. The issue was my Drifter couldn't jump, move properly, or use abilities, summon a Kaithe etc and there were no enemies around to kill me. Even falling from high points didn't kill me, and I had no way to reach the Orowrym. 

Had to run around trying to get into the best position to fall, take fall damage, and then get the Orowyrm to shoot me whilst it was in the sky and actually hit me, to kill me. Took like 15 mins, and then I just went straight to extraction. 

Thankfully, out of say 100 runs, only 2 or 3 have had issues for me, and even then, I still managed to extract with rewards/resources. 

Archived