Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hysteria does not build combo when blocking shots

iPathos

This one is about as simple as it comes. While Hysteria was active, I was attempting to block some shots to build combo and test a couple things when I noticed my combo meter not increasing and the timer was still ticking down.

It is still increasing per hit as normal and I do not have Xoris equipped, my combo duration is around 26s due to Swift Momentum and two Dexterity arcanes, so it is not expiring. It is simply not increasing when shots are blocked.

It does still increase the stored damage though, which is applied as normal if an enemy is in range when Hysteria is decast/dispelled/weapon changed.

Video below;

https://streamable.com/mg8sr5

• Like 1

I think it's normal or at least widespread for invulnerability to disable combo generation through blocking.  Same thing happens with Revenant Mesmer, Nyx Absorb, and Sim invuln.  As well as Nezha Warding Halo and Rolling Guard during their invulnerability periods.  (Just out of what I've tested.)  Also happens with at least some Overguard sources, so maybe it's not so much invulnerability as it is...protection from health/shield damage?

Not saying these aren't all part of one big bug.  Just adding some context.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I think it's normal or at least widespread for invulnerability to disable combo generation through blocking.  Same thing happens with Revenant Mesmer, Nyx Absorb, and Sim invuln.  As well as Nezha Warding Halo and Rolling Guard during their invulnerability periods.  (Just out of what I've tested.)  Also happens with at least some Overguard sources, so maybe it's not so much invulnerability as it is...protection from health/shield damage?

Not saying these aren't all part of one big bug.  Just adding some context.

I agree that it's odd, just seems weird that it would both add damage to the "blocked" counter while not increasing the count - considering that normally blocking that damage would well...block that damage. Instead it's detrimental to block it since you might as well just facetank it and attack while doing so.