Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else concerned about the new grimoire weapon's visuals?

Hexerin

7 hours ago, (NSW)Free_Aetharus said:

You know what's up.

Only for things that already exist in game.

But the teaser already showed how it mechanically works. The ammo is mechanically the same as armcannons, this includes Bubonico, which, like Shedu[but with more ammo and it so much more fun], or even Fulmin, runs off a kind of self-restoring battery or some excuse like that. Fulmin is more implied to be magically-imbued closer to DMC's guns, but the principle applies all the same.

The teaser showed how it is played but without any UI elements , we do have weapons with battery , we also have weapons that reload or recharge through other means , like the hema uses blood and the sirroco uses nothing but an animation , and amps use operator energy bars we also have weapons that reload by throwing it's magazine like a grenade and weapons that change form when you get headshots and that get ammo efficiency when you get headshots.

I have no idea what is the size of the battery if it is a battery, or if any of these special mechanics are applied during the gameplay. Hence my curiosity.

The grimoire could've eaten away at your health with its alt, but that was too much to ask, so it doesn't exist. Life > Power, the real S#&$.

The mechanic already exists for specific , weapons , as well as certain mods for specific frames. It may or may not exist for the grimoires , also since this is the first of its kind   there may be other things that can happen.

7 hours ago, -Krism- said:

The first thing that occurred to me when seeing it in action was that this must be a battery weapon, just like any weapons that don't have reload animations

Most likely scenario, but maybe the book slamming S#&$ is the reload animation. That's why I am curious , it's just vague enough to let me imagine possibilities.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I would love it if the book got reloaded by tearing a page out because all the magic on that page had been used up.  No need to have it ever run out of pages, of course.

Tear a page from a book ? How dare you imply such a barbaric act (said the person while committing barbaric acts of violence).

Maybe you literally write stuff into it , in shorthand of course.

3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Tear a page from a book ? How dare you imply such a barbaric act (said the person while committing barbaric acts of violence).

Maybe you literally write stuff into it , in shorthand of course.

death note GIF

There's a guarantee that by existing with such an opinion you've opened the floodgates for the book to cheese circuit with the almighty roll-load, because that sounds like a horrible reload with just enough time to plan how you're going to kill a boss, but not actually kill the boss.

On 2023-09-05 at 5:05 AM, 0_The_F00l said:

Only thing I am curious about is it's ammo , 

How do you reload a book ? Will it have something akin to the other necralisk weapons which have a soul siphon mechanic ?

We might get some new ammo type. "Bag of Kittens", "Goat" or "Shackled Virgin", then the reload animation is grabbing either and stabbing them with the parazon.