The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee needs help.

BalaDeSilver

most of the stances are rubbish, the sequenced attacks move the frame to non-cancelable actions, these actions make for clumsy gameplay full of unknown attacks, hits that are totally unpredictable as they are out of sync.

the DE insists on saying that the player must watch the sequence of blows but watching the sequence of blows is not part of the gameplay, most of these blows cannot be canceled and make the character dance a ballet without any meaning in front of any enemy.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

You are being clear and constructive but I'm not sure how else to interpret you saying there is very little reason to swap to melee.

If someone is being clear, there shouldn't be much need for interpretation. 

• Like 1

On 2023-10-10 at 1:38 PM, Fred_Avant_2019 said:

And it has no damage falloff. Let's absolutely not forget about this, as this is otherwise what we could consider as a Followthrough stat of 1.

What makes glaive op is that it has forced slash on the explosion. Add to that a 7.8m radius if you mod it for radius, which you do. That's a 15.6 m wide bubble of death. Even if you mod any other melee with range, you don't even come close. The most I ever got was a 11 reach on the sibear with 3 range mods. But sure, it all adds together to make the S-tier "melee" we all know. 

• 3 weeks later...

Who gives 2 wisp's assets which weapon slot is stronger? This game is dreadful to play in any co-op situation because of how fast enemies die. If you want to be topping the leaderboards with a melee weapon, it just won't happen. It won't happen in real life and it won't happen in any fantasy situation because a melee weapon IS A MELEE WEAPON. Melee is there for a hybrid playstyle where you don't want to rely on one weapon...where you don't want to rely on Primed Sure Footed or Unairu's Poise for self-stagger immunity in situations where a braindead playstyle would involve shooting your Kuva Bramma at point blank range. I don't know about you guys, but I play this game to have fun. If you want to top leaderboards, play the meta or find a PvP game. Talking about tech or skill in a game where you're killing cloned enemies with 40 year old AI is just hilarious.

Edited by Ghastly-Ghoul

On 2023-10-30 at 5:22 AM, Ghastly-Ghoul said:

Who gives 2 wisp's assets which weapon slot is stronger? This game is dreadful to play in any co-op situation because of how fast enemies die. If you want to be topping the leaderboards with a melee weapon, it just won't happen. It won't happen in real life and it won't happen in any fantasy situation because a melee weapon IS A MELEE WEAPON. Melee is there for a hybrid playstyle where you don't want to rely on one weapon...where you don't want to rely on Primed Sure Footed or Unairu's Poise for self-stagger immunity in situations where a braindead playstyle would involve shooting your Kuva Bramma at point blank range. I don't know about you guys, but I play this game to have fun. If you want to top leaderboards, play the meta or find a PvP game. Talking about tech or skill in a game where you're killing cloned enemies with 40 year old AI is just hilarious.

For regular starchart this is absolutely, 100% true.

For SP, enemies tend to last longer and so melee has some time to be useful, but it's still not as good as primaries. The higher up in the SP I go, the more my melee tends to comes out despite it being less powerful.

This depends a lot on the squad too. If you're with a really powerful squad even the SP will melt faster than you can reach them with melee. I've had this happen many times, even had it happen on the latest Archon hunt. I don't think this is the average SP experience, but it does happen when your squad is full of heavily kitted people who know the game inside and out. This is why people at the top complain about there being no difficulty but people in the middle think they're crazy.

I love melee, I love the feeling of fighting, of contact, of danger that comes with it, I like being in the mud, even if it's worse I prefer it. Gunplay is fine, but I don't love it.

The longer I play WF, the more I play alone :(