Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator mobility options

ImWithDerp

On one hand I miss our old Void Dash, on the other hand I'd love a more controllable form of aerial mobility. How about something like this?

• Instead of both bullet jumping and double jumping being replaced with Void Sling in operator mode, we can choose to assign separate movement abilities to each of them
  • Movement abilities we can choose from include the following, each with a distinct advantage:
    • Void Dash, best speed and fair efficiency, but is the trickiest to use since we cannot control its range
    • Void Sling (with a buff to its energy efficiency), best efficiency, balanced speed and ease of control
    • Void Flight, a new option with the easiest control, but must either sacrifice efficiency for speed or vice versa
      • We defy gravity and can move forward/back/sideways relative to our camera pitch/yaw as long as the jump button is held and we have energy left
      • Each use starts off slow but energy efficient, so it can be used in short bursts for efficient close range maneuvering
      • The longer we maintain it, the faster but less energy efficient it gets, so we can dump a lot of energy to cross a large distance in a short time
  • Focus nodes that currently apply to Void Sling (e.g. Chained Sling, Protective Sling, Far Sling) also apply to Void Dash and Void Flight (since Void Flight doesn't have a maximum distance per se, Far Sling improves its efficiency instead)
Edited by ImWithDerp

If DE gave us the option to pick between Void Sling or Void Dash, i would definitively pick Void Dash, it was instant and efficient.

I hate Void Sling and how clunky it is.

6 hours ago, ImWithDerp said:
  • The longer we maintain it, the faster but less energy efficient it gets, so we can dump a lot of energy to cross a large distance in a short time

No thanks, last we need is another CloudWalker like ability to allow players to fly through the whole map and completely ignore any risk or challenge wile rushing objectives.

• Like 2