Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dagath Mobility

PorpitaPorpita

I'm so, so disappointed that there's no way for Dagath to ride Kaithes in regular missions. Before you say that would be impossible - many people, including myself, have tested it in Captura and it works just fine. It might require developing your movement skills, but so do Merulina, as well as Titania's movement. Not only is there no Kaithe riding for her, as many people hoped there would be, there's no mobility abilities at all, which seems like such a missed opportunity on a frame that's based on Kaithes. 

Please, please, please consider allowing Dagath to access the Kaithe from her gear wheel in all missions as a passive, or fold it into one of her abilties. It would really mean the world. 

Thank you for your time 🙏 

EDIT: Adding that making it a passive of being able to access it from the gear wheel in any mission would mean the people who don't want to use Kaithes like that wouldn't have to. It'd make everyone happy. 

Edited by PorpitaPorpita
  • Like 2

I was really sad about that too. She comes from the headless horseman concept, but 99% of the time she has no horse? It's like playing Ghost Rider but no bike. Especially since her four is just another damage ability when she already seems to be set on DPS with her first 3 abilities. It's just going to feel like something is missing, I think.

The idea of just making her able to use it from the gearwheel like you can in open worlds is really good since it'd take no extra work on the dev's part and, like you said, you wouldn't have to use it if you didn't want to. Everybody wins!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pakaku said:

I still don't see why I need a mobility ability when I can just crouch-jump

Duviri and Kaithes also left me with a terrible impression, so the less I have to be reminded of Duviri, the better

As a Yareli main, mobility makes ALL the difference in making different frames feel different from one another. It's just such a unique experience that really improves the diversity in the gameplay. Playing Titania, Gauss, Yareli, etc, for example, all make the game feel new and fresh in a way I personally love. 

If you're not a fan of Duviri or Kaithes, you don't have to use the Kaithe on Dagath (should she get one), just like some people build for Yareli without Merulina.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OxiumHeart said:

I was really sad about that too. She comes from the headless horseman concept, but 99% of the time she has no horse? It's like playing Ghost Rider but no bike. Especially since her four is just another damage ability when she already seems to be set on DPS with her first 3 abilities. It's just going to feel like something is missing, I think.

The idea of just making her able to use it from the gearwheel like you can in open worlds is really good since it'd take no extra work on the dev's part and, like you said, you wouldn't have to use it if you didn't want to. Everybody wins!

Seconding this.

The feel and fantasy are essential for the experience of each frame. Imagine Titania without the fairy form, Khora without Venari, or Limbo without the awful jank. It just wouldn't feel like the same frame anymore. It's the same here. Something essential is missing from the fantasy of playing a dullahan.

• Like 1

I'm holding onto the hope that there's a conveniently not demonstrated hold-cast to her Rakhali's Cavalry to let Dagath ride with the stampede.

Wyrd Scythes (her 1) is near melee range until they fly off, and would work well with a Kaithe movement style.

Edited by PsiWarp
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, PsiWarp said:

I'm holding onto the hope that there's a conveniently not demonstrated hold-cast to her Rakhali's Cavalry to let Dagath ride with the stampede.

Wyrd Scythes (her 1) is near melee range until they fly off, and would work well with a Kaithe movement style.

Yessss, this would be so cool

1 minute ago, PsiWarp said:

Even that would be better than nothing. Even if it was just a burst of forward movement, you'd get the feel of riding out with a herd of ghost horses, which is pretty metal...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OxiumHeart said:

Even that would be better than nothing. Even if it was just a burst of forward movement, you'd get the feel of riding out with a herd of ghost horses, which is pretty metal...

Still not as ideal as being able to ride a Kaithe around, but it'd be movement at least. It seems pretty comparable to Hydroid's wave, but it'd unfortunately probably have too long of a cooldown to be used in the same way 😕