The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Companion Update

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

Up to 19 more from opening relics. 

I was not aware you got SE out of void relics, good to know. So over the 98m, they got 19 relic pops for a total of 19 SE. That brings the total up to 275 SE at absolute best case over the run. As their screenshot is showing 1 SE less than that, that is technically possible.

However.

That would require 32 perfect Acolyte spawns in that single mission. While I'm not fully learned on statistics math (never took my higher learning down that path, as it doesn't interest me), I do know enough to know that the chances for that are realistically nil.

So, I still say there's something sketchy about that screenshot.

1 minute ago, Hexerin said:

So, I still say there's something sketchy about that screenshot.

The only thing sketchy here is that, because of the rare cases where it can be done, DE thinks EVERYBODY is ALWAYS doing that with a Smeeta and therefore it must be nerfed. It's gotten really flippin' aggravating that they keep using the exceptions to make the rules.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

And we're one step closer to the true picture. I wonder if we'll reach it?

Hopefully.  But regardless, I think the point has been adequately demonstrated that Charm -can- have an impressive effect on resource drops, if one is willing to be diligent about  leveraging it.  Which, gamers being gamers, some are going to be, and many will have no patience for whatsoever.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

1h38m is 98m, which assuming absolute best case (spawn every 3m) is 32 Acolytes. Each drops 2 SE, which with booster is doubled to 4, and then Charm doubles to 8. Multiply 32 spawns by 8 dropped per spawn, you get 256 SE over the run. There's something not adding up with that screenshot.

Iirc, double resources weekend stacks with the double resources booster, similar to how double credit weekends stacks with credit boosters. And German seems to confirm that this was the case (Double resource weekend) for this pic. So add another doubling to your calculations, ending up with 8 without charm, 16 with charm, very rarely 32 if they were lucky enough to get a double proc.

Seems eminently doable numbers wise when you factor that in.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Hexerin:

Which just adds time to your existing booster, it doesn't add another multiplier on top of the existing one.

I mean the endless relic boosters. Relic 3 gives +25% ressources, going up a flat 25% every 5 relics.

Not sure which one you were talking about.

4 minutes ago, German said:

I mean the endless relic boosters. Relic 3 gives +25% ressources, going up a flat 25% every 5 relics.

Not sure which one you were talking about.

Oh, I wouldn't even consider those since they most likely round down like everything else in the game and you don't hit the 2.0x multiplier until the 19th relic pop (which is when you evac'd). Although, I suppose at 1.5x the Acolytes could theoretically drop 3 SE instead of 2 SE, if the SE they drop is considered two individual drops. Needs testing, I might poke at that later.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Hexerin:

Oh, I wouldn't even consider those since they most likely round down like everything else in the game and you don't hit the 2.0x multiplier until the 19th relic pop (which is when you evac'd). Although, I suppose at 1.5x the Acolytes could theoretically drop 3 SE instead of 2 SE, if the SE they drop is considered two individual drops. Needs testing, I might poke at that later.

Relic booster applies after normal boosters but before smeeta. So from relic 3 on  youre getting 5 instead of 4, or 10 with smeeta. Thats with resource booster. Without, it just rounds down and you still get 2, which is also what smeeta would double to only 4. From relic 8 on though you get 3 instead of 2, not just theoretically.

It does add up to a substantial amount and since thats what smeeta uses to increase again... you get the picture.

So yeah, god bless smeeta.

• 1 month later...
On 2023-10-04 at 10:56 AM, Hexerin said:

It always amuses me how people go so nuts over such a minor thing. Charm isn't that strong, people.

LMAO you must have never received a 200+ orokin cells on a Deimos vault run before... charm is by far one of the greatest achievements one can earn as it's increase to dropped resources allows us endgame players to get the most out of our runs to maintain a steady resource deposit while we build and decorate