The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's beyond time that extractions were made individual

Hexerin

2 hours ago, MagPrime said:

I think having such a simple matchmaking system is the poor design.  There is no way for RPUG's to match goals in this game, so who you get, is who you get and you have to navigate that.  If DE implemented a system that let's you choose between a few options, like completing just the mission objective or "just unlocking" it would help lesson this issue. 

If DE improved the matchmaking system to have options, I think the true population of missions due to the (rather short) lifecycle of content would show its true colors. Imagine if you went into Elite Sanctuary Onslaught and you needed Lato and Braton Vandal so you checked the appropriate boxes to indicate a rotation C run of 8 rounds. How many people would actually show up within decent ping settings compared to the current random matchmaking? This would get even worse for missions with loads of variety like Orb Vallis, Plains of Eidolon, and The Duviri Experience.

• Like 1

What we need is more sensible extraction. Survival, Disruption, and Excavation should all have the vote screen defense and interception use, not extract after a wait at a location mechanic. It's fine for exterminate, mobile defense, and sabotage because those modes naturally move you through the map toward the extraction, and rarely even involve waiting out the timer. But for Survival, Disruption, and Excavation, go to a certain place (usually half the map from the main area in excavation or disruption) and wait for a minute doesn't make sense, and in some cases can even not work (you get swarmed and knocked out of extraction over and over resetting the countdown, or downed trying to wait out the timer), especially since they have fixed reward drops based on rounds just like defense and interception.

I'd support a relatively global option for everyone but the host to solo extract.  I really am tired of every single mission needing to end via extraction timer. 

I did capture fissures today; the average mission duration was about 2 minutes, which included the 1-minute timer to extract.  This meant people (usually console players) were taking longer to get to extraction (and still failing to do so) than the average player takes to run the entire length of the mission including waiting for and killing corrupted spawns for traces.