Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why aren't there penalties for backing out of Relic missions?

Mookies

People that join relic missions to browse what relics people have then leave if there's nothing they want really screw up the missions

In a lot of cases it results in a missing reward because you don't get a fill in time.  OR the person who does fill joins late enough to not be able to crack their relic due to spawns stopping.

I ran around 30 missions today and more than half of them had people leaving within the first few seconds/minutes and ultimately screwing everyone out of reward choices, sometimes multiple people leaving.

This is scumbag behavior and needs to be discouraged.

• Like 1

yeah, definitely had my fair share of those experiences as well. I even encountered somebody two or three times who was obviously dissatisfied with the relics others picked but when they reached extraction, they turned around and adjust the extraction timer so that they will extract exactly 1 second before the round finishes. And since im locked on old hardware still and have longer loading times, this resulted to me joining the next round without any relic because I technically 'wasnt there when the team picked the next relics'.

It's really disgraceful behaviour. If someone wants to run specific relics, search for a group in recruit chat - that's what it is partially for. If you run public missions you have to expect that people will pick whatever relics they feel like they can spare, obviously. 

So I fully agree that there should be some form of punishment and there are different methods this could look like. The one suggestion I came across in the forums a while ago that I found to be the best solution would be to just show '???' or something where your teammates' relics would be for a specific period of time if one abuses this system. Although I also hope that this would only trigger if one truly aborted the mission and didn't have an internet outage or something (but im pretty sure they should be able to detect in the code if they clicked on 'abort mission' resulting in the mentioned host migration or if they did not.

I've never noticed this happening a lot except for a couple of weeks after a prime release.  If it's getting more common now, we're in for a treat in a couple of days.

I don't think there needs to be a punishment.  I do think that ideally relic choices would be hidden in open co-op (i.e., no invite) until the rewards screen. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Mookies said:

People that join relic missions to browse what relics people have then leave if there's nothing they want really screw up the missions

Random people do random stuff. Do not want that? Do not run public.

In a lot of cases it results in a missing reward because you don't get a fill in time.  OR the person who does fill joins late enough to not be able to crack their relic due to spawns stopping.

That partially your and everyone else fault for rushing the mission.

I ran around 30 missions today and more than half of them had people leaving within the first few seconds/minutes and ultimately screwing everyone out of reward choices, sometimes multiple people leaving.

This is extremly normal trend whenever new relics come out. People are resourceful. Why farm the relics yourself if you can just "leech" of someone opining them in public. Btw, opening new relics in public is partially at fault here. It is neither beneficial for the opener (compared to premade) nor for the community.

This is scumbag behavior and needs to be discouraged.

There is nothing scumbug about it. Completely normal phenomenon. 

You can abort any mission at any time. Hell you can alt+f4 if need to be. There is no way to block it and discouraging it is pleasing one part of the playersbase at the cost of another part of playerbase. Not a good move if you ask me.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 5

Then it's just 'normal' to be a scumbag in your eyes I guess

I also wouldn't call this 'ressourceful' since I don't know how many times I was able to complete a vaulted set of something randomly through another person's relic because we both chose radiated vaulted relics of different things 🤷🏽‍♂️

3 minutes ago, (PSN)ApoX95 said:

Then it's just 'normal' to be a scumbag in your eyes I guess

No, it is normal that some behaviours are diferent than yours. World is a complicated place with different people. Do not like it? You are free to not interact with them. What you may view as scumbag, may be completely normal behaviour in some groups, while in fact your world-view may be viewed as scumbag.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)ApoX95 said:

I also wouldn't call this 'ressourceful' since I don't know how many times I was able to complete a vaulted set of something randomly through another person's relic because we both chose radiated vaulted relics of different things 🤷🏽‍♂️

If people do it, it must work. Else people wouldnt do it. Pretty simple.

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I've never noticed this happening a lot except for a couple of weeks after a prime release.  If it's getting more common now, we're in for a treat in a couple of days.

I don't think there needs to be a punishment.  I do think that ideally relic choices would be hidden in open co-op (i.e., no invite) until the rewards screen. 

I like this solution.  It should be easy to implement and, no punishment needed.

On 2023-10-16 at 4:10 PM, Mookies said:

screwing everyone out of reward choices

Its Public Matchmaking

you go in only controlling your Own Relic, with no expectation that anyone else will offer a Relic of benefit to you. -its even legal to queue up with No Relic equipped.-

with that in mind, if one of the Randoms chooses to leave early it is no loss to you; since you were only hoping for drops from your own chosen relic, not whatever random item they might have had.

if the reward choices from Other People's Relics are so important to you, ask yourself; are you not leeching? You wouldn't be so interested in what other people crack unless your own was junk worth less than theirs, right?