The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid rework

(PSN)AdmireMyHate

1 hour ago, (PSN)AdmireMyHate said:

The hydroid rework is alright, but it would have been nice if they touched on his base stats. They gave him an armor buff ability, but the armor buff doesn't affect the shield, which he primarily uses. At least it's a good damage buff. 🤔

"doesn't affect the shield, which he primarily uses" shield tanking is not a major component of his gameplay and never has been. of course neither has armour stacking, but his kit now revolves around stripping and stealing armour.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Olphus said:

"doesn't affect the shield, which he primarily uses" shield tanking is not a major component of his gameplay and never has been. of course neither has armour stacking, but his kit now revolves around stripping and stealing armor.

Even so, his health should have been increased a little so that he could benefit from the armor buff.

To be fair, the armor is a strong safety net for when damage goes through his shields. It’s a nice hybrid of shield and health defenses that can be replenished using his crowd control effects giving some room to breathe. 

It could be maybe he has so little health since he can gain so much armor? Somewhat balanced in that regard. 

• Like 1

Was kinda saddened to find out Tempest Barrage doesn't scale properly with Range.

Instead of expanding the radius, it only applies to the explosion radius of the projectiles.

I have an Undyne cosplay as Styanax where I replaced his shield ability with Tempest Barrage, as a sort of "rain of spears"

Would've been fun to make large AoE zones but since that doesn't work I've just gone back to building for max duration on my Undyne-Styanax

That all being said though. Removing the Tap/Charge mechanic has made it much more fun to play with this setup.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

You're saying the hp changes didn't buff his health?

Not noticeable, As a person who spends most time on the steel path, man still gets ran through. I managed to get him in a good spot though. 1k health and shields

15 hours ago, Turritopsis_Dohrnii said:

To be fair, the armor is a strong safety net for when damage goes through his shields. It’s a nice hybrid of shield and health defenses that can be replenished using his crowd control effects giving some room to breathe. 

It could be maybe he has so little health since he can gain so much armor? Somewhat balanced in that regard. 

I tried testing it...It won't save him. But his new augment does return to health, it works out in the end...kinda

• Like 2

1 minute ago, (PSN)AdmireMyHate said:

He just takes more effort to find to right build suitable for steel path, he's fun in normal mission.

Now if only [DE] can make it to where I can join Steel Path missions as a MR 6 Pre-Quills player again... I liked those mission when I had access to them. Had fond memories playing those with clanmates and helping them out in defense and mobile defense when they were stuck way back when.

• Like 1

Good rework but one (well two) of his old problems still exsist. The interaction with range on him.

It doesnt increase the part of his first skill as I'd want and it just ends up spreading out his tentacles too much aswell. Had completely forgotten about that since I hadnt played him in years so went in and did some formaing with a range build in mind. Had to redo it and drop down range to neutral and instead just focus on 3x umbra, strength, maxed efficiency and try to maintain duration at neutral aswell.

Strength investments plus 3x umbra makes him tanky enough though. Had no problem with keeping him up in SP Mot while relying on Combat Discipline+Arcane Grace along with an augur mod to trigger the shortest gate as needed. And since Plunder's armor buff seems unrelated to corrosive stacks on the enemy it is easy to hit the cap in content where you need it to survive, like in SP endless. So for me I'm sitting it 2k+ armor with 3x umbra and plunder (1700 something armor) capped.

When I get the next umbra forma I'll swap in primed continuity (can only afford the regular now) to the build and replace augur message with augur secrets. Should allow me to maintain just above neutral duration and increase my power strength to 256%. I had plans to swap in an augment instead of secrets, but that would force me to swap combat discipline for brief respite, which removes the option to keep grace up for a low health cost when enemies arent attacking.