Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change old RNG mission for Normal Warframe and Weapon Part using Pity System

BroDutt

I think it's time that we change the old RNG mission for Normal Warframe and Weapon Part with the pity system. Protea, Zevagoth, Damage Necramech part (especially the weapon barrel, receiver and stock) and Zariman Weapon are old RNG. Using RNG for this mission didn't make us want to play it more often since it's relied on luck.

The pity system relied on repetition and small RNG on the number of resources it's generated but at least we can measure and calculate how many time we did it. This type of mission allow us to still playing it since the reward can be more gratifying.  

Edited by BroDutt
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, BroDutt said:

especially the weapon barrel, receiver and stock

Well I agree with these. I have run those bounties dozen times on rotation C and still haven't got Stock part. It's the only one and I've kind of given up. It doesn't help that rotation C is only available like 2 hours and then you need to wait over 4 hours for it again.

to be fair, it would be a relatively easy fix: all they'd need to do is invent one type of currency that drops during missions where you farm for warframe parts, such as Assassinations, or to use Protea's example, the Granum Void. the shop can be given to an already existing NPC, maybe Simaris for example, and he can offer each individual part BP of these different frames for a set price. weapons as well, if people like.

it's maybe not the most exciting or elegant solution, but it would only require adding a shop function to an NPC and creating 1 new asset in the form of a dropped currency: way less work than inventing an entirely new NPC AND a currency to go with them. while I'm relatively confident that we'll keep getting pity shops and/or Dojo rooms for guaranteed parts in addition to the farm for new frames, I have my doubts that DE will go back and add this to older frames, but I guess we'll see.

a good opportunity to prove me wrong would've been changing Hydroid's acquisition with his rework: I've yet to meet anyone after 8 years of playing that actually enjoyed running Vay Hek's fight over and over again, but at least now those who put up with all the shouting will get a strong frame out of it.. eventually.

3 hours ago, Malikili said:

DOUBLE SEVERED COPRUS HEADS WHEN?

When you can afford it. 🤣

I wouldn't mind a pity RNG system, although having enough PTSD from god knows how many Royalopalist runs I had to do for Wisp, I feel like a currency-based system might be a better idea.

At least we have normal Duviri in the meantime for some of the more painstaking frames to farm like Ash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raarsi said:

When you can afford it. 🤣

I wouldn't mind a pity RNG system, although having enough PTSD from god knows how many Royalopalist runs I had to do for Wisp, I feel like a currency-based system might be a better idea.

At least we have normal Duviri in the meantime for some of the more painstaking frames to farm like Ash.

Apart from Sevagoth ......

16 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

I have run those bounties dozen times on rotation C and still haven't got Stock part. It's the only one and I've kind of given up. It doesn't help that rotation C is only available like 2 hours and then you need to wait over 4 hours for it again.

OH! Hey! I forgot to post this earlier, but I have good news for you: the damaged necramech weapon parts you're referencing already have a pity system.

I don't know why it's not documented on the wiki, but you can buy the damaged Necramech weapon pieces from the Necraloid syndicate shop, at 2500 rep each. (The damaged Necramech parts -- the casing/engine/capsule/weapon pod -- are also available from the syndicate for 2500 rep each.) And if you've run the bounties a dozen times, you probably have plenty of Orokin matrices to turn in to Loid for standing.

To wit:

Spoiler

K57xfpR.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Packetdancer said:

OH! Hey! I forgot to post this earlier, but I have good news for you: the damaged necramech weapon parts you're referencing already have a pity system.

Thanks for the Information. I had 65.000 standing and didn't know about this 😁

32 minutes ago, BroDutt said:

Thanks for the Information. I had 65.000 standing and didn't know about this 😁

Glad it helped! It flew under my radar too, until just the other day. I was going to finally build the Morgha and realized I was actually still short a damaged part... and then noticed the damaged parts were right there in the shop, next to the Morgha component blueprints I was purchasing. Caught me by surprise, but it was certainly a pleasant surprise.

7 hours ago, Packetdancer said:

I don't know why it's not documented on the wiki, but you can buy the damaged Necramech weapon pieces from the Necraloid syndicate shop, at 2500 rep each. (The damaged Necramech parts -- the casing/engine/capsule/weapon pod -- are also available from the syndicate for 2500 rep each.) And if you've run the bounties a dozen times, you probably have plenty of Orokin matrices to turn in to Loid for standing.

To wit:

Hide contents

K57xfpR.jpg

did they add this on recent update?! Well finally I can build me a Morgha!

yFvUHOw.png

I have max syndicate standing with necraloid and dozen of those different matrixes so standing is not issue. 

36 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

did they add this on recent update?! Well finally I can build me a Morgha!

Today, we do the celebratory dance of happy Tenno, as we watch our Morghas bake in the 3D printer that we stuffed a bunch of gemstone-like fossilized infested tissue into!

(Seriously, though, that can't be good for the print head.)

• Like 1

On 2023-10-25 at 6:08 AM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

to be fair, it would be a relatively easy fix: all they'd need to do is invent one type of currency that drops during missions where you farm for warframe parts, such as Assassinations, or to use Protea's example, the Granum Void. the shop can be given to an already existing NPC, maybe Simaris for example, and he can offer each individual part BP of these different frames for a set price. weapons as well, if people like.

it's maybe not the most exciting or elegant solution, but it would only require adding a shop function to an NPC and creating 1 new asset in the form of a dropped currency: way less work than inventing an entirely new NPC AND a currency to go with them. while I'm relatively confident that we'll keep getting pity shops and/or Dojo rooms for guaranteed parts in addition to the farm for new frames, I have my doubts that DE will go back and add this to older frames, but I guess we'll see.

a good opportunity to prove me wrong would've been changing Hydroid's acquisition with his rework: I've yet to meet anyone after 8 years of playing that actually enjoyed running Vay Hek's fight over and over again, but at least now those who put up with all the shouting will get a strong frame out of it.. eventually.

It was the proposed system since void keys and diluted drop tables... years later they just added Aya. Then you got insane pity grinds like Citrine.