Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma rework please, pretty please! Part 4

Nazuud

I have returned after taking a break from Warframe, and I have brought you new ideas for a Chroma rework. Some of these will be cool and others might be broken, so let me know what you think!

1. Spectral Scream

• Add an effect where the damage tick rate will ramp up the longer it's being channeled.

-It's just a buff to its damage output. It also gives incentives for using it longer.

2. Elemental Ward

• Toxin -Changed from getting faster reload speed and weapon swap damage bonus to Overguard, which scales with power strength mods.

-I feel that Toxin is kinda out of place compared to the other elements. Having an offensive buff in defensive ability is just weird. And the damage bonus it gives is... why do we have this when Vex armor is a thing? Getting Overguard would be so much better, as getting a status/CC immunity ability is extremely good in Steel Path and other late-game content.

-This will also complete the set of having Health, Armor, Shield, and now Overguard!

3. Draconic Roar - Let out a roar that stuns nearby enemies and temporarily awakens latent draconic potential that enhances Chroma and his other abilities.

• Stuns nearby enemies. Similar to Effigy's radial stun.
  •  Apply a buff to Chroma for 30 seconds(scales with duration mods) called "Draconic Might".
    • Wings will grow from Chroma's back, allowing him to aim glide for longer and bullet jump faster.
    • Increase Power strength for Spectral Scream, Elemental Ward, Effigy, and Vex Armor by 50%.

-I kinda blanked out on what to put here and just thought of what Chroma is missing and needs the most while giving it a Dragon theme. So a CC with Mobility and Power strength buff!

-The Power strength effect will only apply to the listed abilities and not to helminth abilities.

4. Effigy

• Vex armor will now always affect Effigy regardless of where Chroma is.
  • Add an effect where Effigy would apply an aura around itself, shots fired by Chroma and allies while in the aura will gain 20% elemental damage of the aligned element(Scales with Power strength mods).

-I have no idea why Chroma needs to be near Effigy to apply Vex armor, they should have made it this way from the beginning.

-The Aura effect will just give Effigy an actual use outside of profit taker. And it will give Chroma more versatility

5. Passive: Vex Armor

• Scorn and Fury will now charge up depending on how much energy is spent on abilities.
  • Vex armor will still have the same duration(scales with duration mods). The duration will refresh whenever energy is spent on an ability.
  • Channeled abilities will constantly refresh the duration.

-Vex Armor is basically Chroma's passive at this point, so why not just make it so?

-After the shield rework, it became almost impossible to charge up Fury. The change I made to how it charges is more reliable, as Chroma is always energy-hungry.

-Funny enough, this gives Spectral Scream and Effigy another use, as you can just activate both to charge up Scorn and Fury really quickly. You can also extend its duration by having either ability active all the time.

Previous Ideas:

Spoiler
Spoiler

DE PLEASE!

Edited by Nazuud

Ngl, the reload buff is my favorite thing about chroma at present.

Chroma's 1 needs a huge vfx boost. It feels like the mister in the grocery store produce aisle. I would say it should at least as visually impactful and Frost's 2. They can add a cast delay if that seems too visually clutting. Then there's the matter of effect. Of they don't want to make it hit harder, they should let it belt out status procs. That would mean the element swap wluld give you access to some armor strip (heat), cc (electric), different cc (cold), or anti-shields (toxin) situationally and reinforce his whole master of elements theme.

I agree with you that vex armor is kind of a paint to use. As for effigy? It's really as good at Spectral Scream. If they fix 1, they fix 4. Of course, imagine if the effigy could tank hits and charge vex armor for you?

Edited by Sojufueled
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sojufueled said:

Ngl, the reload buff is my favorite thing about chroma at present.

Chroma's 1 needs a huge vfx boost. It feels like the mister in the grocery store produce aisle. I would say it should at least as visually impactful and Frost's 2. They can add a cast delay if that seems too visually clutting. Then there's the matter of effect. Of they don't want to make it hit harder, they should let it belt out status procs. That would mean the element swap wluld give you access to some armor strip (heat), cc (electric), different cc (cold), or anti-shields (toxin) situationally and reinforce his whole master of elements theme.

I agree with you that vex armor is kind of a paint to use. As for effigy? It's really as good at Spectral Scream. If they fix 1, they fix 4. Of course, imagine if the effigy could tank hits and charge vex armor for you?

Reload is nice on specific builds, but we can agree that the damage boost on holster is beyond ultra-S#&$ trash.

A vfx boost on Chroma's 1 does sound good, maybe carry that over to Effigy as well.

hmm.. your idea of Effigy taking hits to charge vex armor does sound cool. I think it would work better if they added a taunt skill to Effigy, that way enemies have a higher chance of hitting it. But in the end, I want Chroma's Vex armor to be self-charged and doesn't rely on enemies to charge. 

I do like the idea of Vex Armor being a passive effect since you're supposed to have it up 24/7 anyway and it does promote the kaiju feel of "you didn't kill him, you just pissed him off and now you're *redacted*".

I'd probably switch the key positions for Effigy and this Draconic Roar though.  Maybe change the name to Draconic Ire to reinforce the aforementioned theme from Vex Armor.  Otherwise, looks pretty solid; I'd definitely play it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raarsi said:

I do like the idea of Vex Armor being a passive effect since you're supposed to have it up 24/7 anyway and it does promote the kaiju feel of "you didn't kill him, you just pissed him off and now you're *redacted*".

I'd probably switch the key positions for Effigy and this Draconic Roar though.  Maybe change the name to Draconic Ire to reinforce the aforementioned theme from Vex Armor.  Otherwise, looks pretty solid; I'd definitely play it.

Oooh, I like the sound of Draconic Ire, and thanks for the comment!

Edited by Nazuud
  • Like 1