The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Currency Trader Is What Warframe Needs

Sojufueled

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I know what you're implying and I'm just not falling for it. OP is asking for a system that intentionally undermines existing, current, and future content progression. The message the other guy posted was asking for grind to be respected. There is value to that. Warframe's gameplay and core loop is about the journey.

What brought me to quote you is to outline a massive issue here on the Forums with trying to unravel and discuss the respect behind farmed portions of the game. Warframe is a collective farm of achievement based gear acquisition. 

This is a corrosive approach, plain and simple. It's no different than the corrosive comments found within the Heirloom Collection megathread.

Nah, there's just simply no excuse for your (and other dude's) stance. Old content is old, and therefore the grind should be reduced so that newer players aren't hit with a ludicrous barrier to entry. It costs old players literally nothing, while simultaneously enriching their gameplay with new blood joining the community. In other words, it fosters a healthy game. The toxic garbage here is this stance people like you take, with your bullcrap elitism. "I got mine, screw everyone else." is a similar mentality to what you're putting on display here, and it's actually disgusting. Ya'll should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves, but you're too caught up in selfishness.

Edited by Hexerin
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:

Nah, there's just simply no excuse for your (and other dude's) stance. Old content is old, and therefore the grind should be reduced so that newer players aren't hit with a ludicrous barrier to entry. It costs old players literally nothing, while simultaneously enriching their gameplay with new blood joining the community. In other words, it fosters a healthy game. The toxic garbage here is this stance people like you take, with your bullcrap elitism.

If Warframe was linear I would be in absolute agreement. It's not though. There is a difference between reducing the fluff between the earlier quests to get players to the point of using Operators or reducing the bloat of the starchart and fast tracking players to earn things like Arcanes from Eidolons or allowing players to spend Debt Bonds to undermine Necramech farming. It is not a healthy way to enrich the game. We're still talking in the context of currency conversion here.

For older players, it actually does cost them something. It's not a cost of time or resources, but the expense of emotional value in what they achieved prior. This is often the reasoning I've gotten from the multiple generations of players I've outlived that I've talked to over the years. They get bored because there is nothing for their gear to accomplish and the game focuses on the accessibility of what they have rather than making that end goal impactful and meaningful for new content. Warframe is in an endless state of mid-game additions, and that does come at a cost. The end-game is purely the completion of all the mid-game updates.

Inflating player metrics at the expense of expectations and quality of those players as you hand them the keys to early powercreep or bypassing progression doesn't improve the game, it degrades this. Capped SE and Relic purchases from Teshin are a result of that process. Several issues the game has these days is a direct result of this fixation on pushing players to points they shouldn't be in to make their experience less of a hurdle to catching up to those who've been playing for years. Warframe's dilemma with retention and appeal is the islands of grind and fluff between them, not the actual impact the grind has on the overall game and your account from what they reward.

I do love when people use the word elitism as if it's a religion of evil for leveled players who wish to respect the road-map of the progression they've reached. An amount of elitism is actually necessary to make reaching the status actually mean something and give players a goal to strive for. True Masters Mastery Rank 30 blessings are an "elitist" mechanic in nature, so are the various Login Tribute rewards.

11 hours ago, Hexerin said:

"I got mine, screw everyone else." is a similar mentality to what you're putting on display here, and it's actually disgusting. Ya'll should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves, but you're too caught up in selfishness.

This is just disingenuous and you know it. I guess I'm selfish because I am considering the long term impact of reducing the value in existing achievement that makes the game worth grinding for.

But hey, enjoy the 5 years of ongoing free promocode organization and hundreds of hours worth of written feedback and discussion that either aims to improve the game for everyone else or has already contributed to and/or resulted in that very improvement.

If I wanted to really only focus on myself exclusively, I'd be asking for things 99.9% of players on the Forums wouldn't even relate to. I'm the most minority of player, and that's not the type of person I would ask the game to cater towards.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 3

The only thing that I'd ask 'Currency Trading' is for things blatantly of tiered quality.

Yonta has it, where you can trade Voidplumes into other Voidplumes, but it's still mixed with other mats that you need to grind for. Debt Bonds should be able to be changed into higher tiers, that way Medical Debt Bonds aren't the worst kinds of hell.

Hell if they hadn't made it so that you can just buy Necramech parts now, I'd ask for them to be able to transform Broken Necramechs stuff into other Necramech parts either raw or with that other resource that Necramech drops.

Truthfully the issue isn't that the grind is too high, besides maybe things like Cryotic and Oxium for certain Clan or weapon stuff, it's that they're adding new things to pad out the grind before abandoning those resources completely.

When was the least time Hexenon was used? Sure as hell wasn't Wisp Prime, the frame who's regular form was the reason they added Hexenon in the first place.

4 hours ago, trst said:

Players would just find out what currency is the most efficient to run for and only run that content and nothing else. Both keeping players away from touching certain things in the first place and from ever returning unless Nightwave "forces" them to.

It would need some kind of dynamic exchange rate for sure to undermine that.