Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Customize Size/Position/Rotation on Syandanas and Armor?

ITZPAKTLI

Title explains most of it.

But to elaborate - Some of the armor pieces on frames are poorly placed. Not letting me get the most out of my fashion purchases. I would love to also make separate armor pieces bigger or smaller. Maybe even add a "Mirror Position/Size" toggle so I don't have to guess if I got everything aligned perfectly. Seeing all the customization that we are allowed for orbiter decorating. I don't see why it shouldn't be possible, just have a little box on the side like in Captura to open up the advanced menu and we get to work.

And as an example for the Syandana's; It would be badass if I could put my Uru Prime on my Frame's lower back to look like a cool tail. Or maybe on the back of the head for a hair-like motif. Would definitely add alot more fun to the act of Fashionframe. If there's any concern for clipping... Then honestly I don't mind. If I accidentally made something clip horrendously, then that's on me. And i'll fix it myself.

Edited by Celet0n
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-11-05 at 10:16 PM, Celet0n said:

I don't see why it shouldn't be possible, just have a little box on the side like in Captura to open up the advanced menu and we get to work.

That actually could be much more complicated then you think. One thing is static 3d placements (a box on the wall or what ever). The whole other thing is doing the same for dynamic model (3D model that moves and reacts to your controls). I am not saying it is not possible, I am just saying it might not be as simple.

BUT, saying that... I think it would be awesome if we could do both proposed ideas. Fashionframe will be on another level with that.

Maybe a size adjust option, but by and large I think this is a bad idea. Most of the concerns you listed fall under the general heading of "make sure cosmetics are as uniform between 'frames as possible", which I absolutely agree with, while others, like trying to make your syandana look like a tail, etc. would a) be a ton of work for DE, b) open itself up to a ton of abuse (I still see melee weapons turned to come out of the crotch or floating free after they added holster customisations), and c) interfere with an area that DE has wisely chosen to leave as bare as possible: the base of the spine. That's where Titania's wings come from, as well as archwings, but it also features other Warframe-specific visuals like Volt's amp-generating external lump on his lumbar, Trinity's "lobster tail", Protea's belt/turret growths, and more.

Yeah, one of the problems that came to mind that think no one thought about is the immature players who would take advantage of such customization and make inappropriate stuff like a brown syandana attached to a frames butt or putting shoulder pads on buttcheeks. If it does get implemented there would need to be a limit on where you can move them to to prevent such things.

Edited by Star700

On 2023-11-29 at 6:26 AM, (PSN)GrandisSupernus said:

Maybe a size adjust option, but by and large I think this is a bad idea. Most of the concerns you listed fall under the general heading of "make sure cosmetics are as uniform between 'frames as possible", which I absolutely agree with, while others, like trying to make your syandana look like a tail, etc. would a) be a ton of work for DE, b) open itself up to a ton of abuse (I still see melee weapons turned to come out of the crotch or floating free after they added holster customisations), and c) interfere with an area that DE has wisely chosen to leave as bare as possible: the base of the spine. That's where Titania's wings come from, as well as archwings, but it also features other Warframe-specific visuals like Volt's amp-generating external lump on his lumbar, Trinity's "lobster tail", Protea's belt/turret growths, and more.

They could do something similar to the melee holstering customizations by restricting placement of syandana's on the crotch or actual butt-crack. Just stops at the lower back where the tailbone is. As for stuff like Titania and Volt: I say just let us be able to put something there anyway. Maybe someone wants a syandana to clip there or obscure something for whatever reason. The only person it affects is the player doing it.

Edited by Celet0n