Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie rank 30 warframe requirement

KopfJaeger

Back when sorties first came out, they were the highest level content aside from raids/trials, and I believe level 100 missions were much more challenging back then (but maybe that's just because I was a much lower level). In any case, I think it was reasonable to signify some of the hardest content in the game by making it a requirement that you use a rank 30 warframe in order to play it. Nowadays there is so much more high level content which additionally presents more of a challenge that it doesn't really make sense to keep this requirement. Steel path doesn't have a rank requirement despite the fact that the minimum enemy level for steel path is higher than the maximum level for sorties, and enemies additionally have 2.5x health, shields, and armour. 

TL:DR the rank 30 warframe requirement in sorties is unnecessary please remove it.

🤔 I think the rank 30 requirement can still clue players into identifying that the content is harder within the balanced part of the standard game and a little different to the stuff that sits before it that allows more freedom of customisation due to not needing as much power.

SP on the other hand is… kind of just bonkers mode for minmaxers. If you want to jump into SP with rank 1 gear, go nuts, it’s not exactly a mode that cares about any sort of balanced play or anything, so it doesn’t seem out of place

Sortie can be unlock after War Within and some new player whom taxi/brute force themself to finish it, still didn't had the capabilities to take this enemy level. There use to be a thread that some player had difficulty to fight enemy in Kuva Fortress and later Zariman because they haven't fully rank their mod. And unlike weapon, Warframe basic stat (health, armor, shiled) only reach it fullest when it's rank 30.

Steel Path however require player to finish starchart, duviri and Zariman, also unlock arbitration and get galvanized mod. So presumably any player that choose steel path at least had the capabilities to survive (probably in group/public).

Edited by BroDutt