Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There is a bug as soon as the steel endless corridor host retreats, how long have the corridor missions been online? When will it be fixed?

molehaojiu

There are numerous bugs with host migration and not it will not be fixed, because that would require completely changing the net code and matchmaking hosting from P2P to game server based. Not only would the transition and code cost a lot of resources and time, but also the upkeep of such servers.

Edited by Zakkhar

5 minutes ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

can I just say how funny it is how many ways there are to translate "steel path" wrong apparently

They aren't wrong, just different. In case of whatever language OP uses, "path" and "endless corridor" are the exact same word, so reverse translation is not as precise.

Edited by Xaero

I heard recently that Star Citizen, made by Roberts Space Industries is the first developer to completely resolve the issue of loading screens and persistent universes using "mesh" servers. 

I have no illusions that this has been a costly and decade long project which is unique to that particular genre and space simulation. However, I think it would be absolutely amazing if Digital Extremes could do something similar to alleviate host migration and even broaden the content to a greater than 4 person squad at any given time. 

The endeavor would require financial forecasting, a ton of infrastructure, and a player base that would be agreeable to forthcoming changes with a willingness to support the developers. Similar to what the founders in the beginning. 

We wouldn't need to call it Warframe 2.0 because Warframe will always be Warframe. 

1 hour ago, NeDesitVirtus said:

I heard recently that Star Citizen, made by Roberts Space Industries is the first developer to completely resolve the issue of loading screens and persistent universes using "mesh" servers. 

Mesh servers are not new, and there's a reason they aren't used. When used in a local network setting where you have very low pings to clients and low hardware fragmentation, it works great. Across countries and continents, with hardware fragmentation ranging from supercomputers to potatoes? not so much. Heralding it as some sort of holy grail of multiplayer network architecture is silly. RSI/CIG is basically trying to reinvent the wheel without using any past designs and coming up with a square, expecting it to work flawlessly... which means they're going to learn the hard way why mesh architecture doesn't work well for online games.

Also, implementing dedicated world servers (mesh or traditional) would be untenable for DE and would likely require the implementation of a paid subscription to play the game.

• Like 2

Deleted

9 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Mesh servers are not new, and there's a reason they aren't used. When used in a local network setting where you have very low pings to clients and low hardware fragmentation, it works great. Across countries and continents, with hardware fragmentation ranging from supercomputers to potatoes? not so much. Heralding it as some sort of holy grail of multiplayer network architecture is silly. RSI/CIG is basically trying to reinvent the wheel without using any past designs and coming up with a square, expecting it to work flawlessly... which means they're going to learn the hard way why mesh architecture doesn't work well for online games.

Also, implementing dedicated world servers (mesh or traditional) would be untenable for DE and would likely require the implementation of a paid subscription to play the game.

Well then sir, you prima fascie, appear to be much more knowledgeable than I on the technical intricacies of the matter. 

Edited by NeDesitVirtus