Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE stop supporting Wayfinder

jxtichi012

https://www.polygon.com/23954222/warframe-publisher-digital-extremes-layoffs

https://www.pcgamer.com/warframe-developer-axes-publishing-division-will-transition-full-control-of-online-action-rpg-wayfinder-to-its-developer/

"We can confirm we have made the difficult decision to cease operations of our external projects division," a Digital Extremes rep told PC Gamer in an email today. "We have had to say goodbye to a number of hardworking and highly valuable team members as a result and we're working with Airship to transition full control of Wayfinder to them in the coming months."

Maybe not a bad move for WF/Soulframe.

I like Wayfinder, but the Game has so many Problems and i slowly losing my hope that it will become a great Game. I wish it will, but that alone do not helps.
Because DE was Publisher, i get an Eye on the Game and after a while, i asking myself why? 

The Game is EA, yes, but from the start they made wrong decissions imo.
First thing was the missing open beta and maybe that is why we get this massive Server issues. Nobody have see this comming?
EA is a not finished Game, who have Bugs, but what we get was a not playable Game. 
The very limited Inventory and the nerfs already not helps. There are other important things to do and they nerfing the fun out of the game (Guns), saying Meele underperform. Yeah, great move.
The XP Buff now looks like a try to get the last Players stick arround. All the time players omplain about the XP gain and now, out of nowhere we get it?
Why almost everything feels like they have no Idea what to do? Or things who Devs made it better already back in the '90s. I dont get it.
And telling us they have Ideas and plans.....the Queston is, if the Players are willing to wait until someday we see this plans and ideas. And i dont realy think so.

Not sure what to think about it and will take a look from time to time whats happend there, but probably this EA Support was a waste of Money. Better put it in WF. 😆

Probably a good thing for Wayfinder as well. DE's role as their publisher was to handle support (which they did pretty terribly), manage the featureupvote (which was slow), advise on servers (which went poorly), and advise on pricing (which saw immediate backlash). It'll suck for a bit while Airship organizes a support team but, like... has DE done anything positive for Wayfinder outside of mention it in some streams? They're just not a good publisher and never have been.

Edit: It sounds like this came out of nowhere, too:

We are going to have a more official message for yall, but obviously the cat is out of the bag, we found out pretty much the same time as yall. TLDR: Its going to be fine, we at Airship are still all working on the game. We are as optimistic for the future as we have always been. Stay tuned for some more details. But we dont have plans for Wayfinder to go anywhere. Were cookn something special and we think the world wants to taste it -Sir_Snarf

Not exactly the cleanest way for DE to exit the publishing game.

Edited by PublikDomain