The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That feeling when you lose a 2 hour Duviri run to a gamebreaking bug

Hexerin

Still don't understand why they don't save progress every round to this day. They know they have shoddy netcode that keeps failing to do host migration properly, everyone's constantly pissed about losing hours because of circumstances out of their controls like enemies not spawning or objectives never completing and frankly, it feels plain mean to penalize an entire squad that managed to survive for like two hours because one round at the very end glitched and they were unable to finish it correctly.

Plus let's face it way more people would actually stay longer in endless mission of they wasn't the constant stress of losing all progression. I can hardly ever go beyond like wave 6-7 in circuit because people start to fear disconnects / host migrations / bugged controls / the pod getting destroyed, etc...

If I survive for 30 minutes in a survival ,then die at 34, give me the rewards I earned till 30 minutes and forfeit the last four minutes... How hard is that...

4 hours ago, (PSN)Stealth_Cobra said:

Still don't understand why they don't save progress every round to this day. They know they have shoddy netcode that keeps failing to do host migration properly, everyone's constantly pissed about losing hours because of circumstances out of their controls like enemies not spawning or objectives never completing and frankly, it feels plain mean to penalize an entire squad that managed to survive for like two hours because one round at the very end glitched and they were unable to finish it correctly.

Plus let's face it way more people would actually stay longer in endless mission of they wasn't the constant stress of losing all progression. I can hardly ever go beyond like wave 6-7 in circuit because people start to fear disconnects / host migrations / bugged controls / the pod getting destroyed, etc...

If I survive for 30 minutes in a survival ,then die at 34, give me the rewards I earned till 30 minutes and forfeit the last four minutes... How hard is that...

Some kind of server handshake after X rounds would be nice. Endless missions are what I enjoy most and leaving after 30 minutes kind of sucks. I like to go for an hour or more. The whole point is to go until you can’t handle it and the disconnect issues really ruin that.

Im really not a fan of other mission types they end way too soon

Edited by (PSN)FirmBizkit

On 2023-11-18 at 1:07 AM, Voltage said:

There has to be some kind of stakes in missions to make the prospect of staying more rewarding for good gameplay. It's honestly difficult to lose The Circuit with a decent defensive Warframe and all the Decree stacking that goes on. Only Defense can be failed (unless you're struggling with Survival).

Circuit is one gamemode where this should not be the case, but also the risk is wasting your VERY LIMITING TIME ON THIS PLANET on LITERALLY nothing but feeling bad because some devs said that was a good design choice.

But specifically for circuit; The circuit encourages you to go as long as you can/want to, Decrees, circuit progress scaling, the fact that its a ROGUELITE gamemode.

ROR2 doesnt say '#*!% you, you died, no unlocks for you' you unlock it, you unlock it.

The fun of the circuit should be going until you're bored, done or lose, with no risk of your valuable time being literally thrown out the window.

ESPECIALLY WHEN THE JACKAL SPECIFICALLY, CAN BRICK A CO-OP RUN.
If DE isn't going to fix host migration and absolute progression stoppers, they have even less of an excuse to guarantee players receive their rewards (or, at the very least, keep their circuit progress but lose XP/items and intrinsics.)

Circuit would just be better if you didnt lose S#&$ because you wanted to have fun. We arent immortal, stop wasting players time like it's a rotten bundle of bananas.
You genuinely cannot play circuit with more than 2 players because Co-op is just straight broken in a lot of gamemodes, you see so many more gamebreaking soft-locks in multiplayer than you do solo.