The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you unlock Kullervo's Hold?

Hexerin

Question

The wiki is decidedly unhelpful here, and I haven't been able to find any info with web searches. I'm in a Sorrow spiral, but the island is not there. I'm assuming there's something I need to do to unlock the content? No idea what it could be though, and there's no info about such that I can find anywhere.

Screenshots, etc:

Spoiler

498265895592c69dd46fc80f9717ae6b.jpg

5175663925c7a8e620db99028ee62b3d.jpg

d4d938d30d82d624766f3552b9ffebdf.png

Did a bunch of decree and resource farming before starting the main quest. Paid attention the whole time, island never appeared.

Edited by Hexerin

4 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, Hexerin said:

The wiki is decidedly unhelpful here, and I haven't been able to find any info with web searches. I'm in a Sorrow spiral, but the island is not there. I'm assuming there's something I need to do to unlock the content? No idea what it could be though, and there's no info about such that I can find anywhere.

Do you have a screen shot showing that the game thinks you're in the Sorrow Spiral?  Because your map has the Amphitheater, and that doesn't spawn in Sorrow (only 2 of Amphitheater, Archabor and Kullervo's Hold can appear). 

I've had a couple of occasions where the spiral showing in the main nagivation UI has lagged in updating significantly enough that I've been surprised to load into a different one, but never had that map not correspond to the actual spiral.

49 minutes ago, drnlmza said:

Do you have a screen shot showing that the game thinks you're in the Sorrow Spiral?  Because your map has the Amphitheater, and that doesn't spawn in Sorrow (only 2 of Amphitheater, Archabor and Kullervo's Hold can appear). 

I've had a couple of occasions where the spiral showing in the main nagivation UI has lagged in updating significantly enough that I've been surprised to load into a different one, but never had that map not correspond to the actual spiral.

The second screenshot I have posted shows "The Sorrowful Soprano" as the quest, which indicates Sorrow spiral. Additionally, it's very obviously Sorrow ingame due to the plethora of imagery of crying faces (and face-like structures). Lastly, the Orowyrm was Luscinia, which completely seals it. There's zero percent chance it was any other spiral.

You have to try again and see. There has obviously been an issue with your session, maybe you went in the moment it was changing moods. Because yes Kullervo's hold is supposed to spawn in the Sorrow cycle but overall it's part of a rotation with the tree following islands Archabor, Amphitheater and Kullervo's hold and there is no rotation with all 3 islands at the same time and the combination you had matches either Joy or Envy.