Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The addition of several Archon Shards has to come with an overhaul to the massive gating to earning them

Voltage

11 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Let me guess, there were several people declaring that the shard system was perfect as is, since it used to be even worse?

Of course, this is warframe forums after all. DE could S#&$ on a plate and the naysayers/contrarians would say it's the best thing since sliced bread, or try to justify its existence with mental gymnastics so awe-inspiring it'd make an olympic gymnast look like a beginner in comparison.

Feedback works, and exists for a reason. Sweeping S#&$ that should be addressed under the rug wouldn't get us here.

That aside, I think the conversion rate of normal:tauforged of 4:1 is a bit too much, I think it should be halved, or at least reduced by 1.

• Like 3

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Skoomaseller:

Of course, this is warframe forums after all. DE could S#&$ on a plate and the naysayers/contrarians would say it's the best thing since sliced bread, or try to justify its existence with mental gymnastics so awe-inspiring it'd make an olympic gymnast look like a beginner in comparison.

Feedback works, and exists for a reason. Sweeping S#&$ that should be addressed under the rug wouldn't get us here.

That aside, I think the conversion rate of normal:tauforged of 4:1 is a bit too much, I think it should be halved, or at least reduced by 1.

Imagine a company that supports a game for 10 years, beloved by a lot of people, they put in the fairest F2P model in the existence of mankind, with some very rare exceptions the skins are way under 10 bucks, whereas other games have rached the 20bucks threshold already and each and every time they release something, the mob is ready to hit the developer with everything they got as if they are the most feroccious predators in gaming history.

And please, don't play it like the angry mob changed the game for the better. Let us imagine we had 10.000 changes in the game, people criticized all 10.000 changes, whereas 100 changes have been implemented. If they would design a button that instantly gratifies you with all loot in the game, there would still be people who tell us that pressing that button is just too much work and DE just made it that hard, because they are selfish predators.

I have explained it several times, let me explain it for you again:

The game does not need shards, you don't need them, there is literally no content in the game that needs the shard for completion. They are just here to make unbelievably OP players even more OP. And we are not even talking about Tauforged. They put this in as a long term motivation for players, as a reason to log in once per week. Same goes for the melee arcanes in Netracells. I have made every single run available and I have 1. Do you see me complaining about how RNG is unfair, DE is a predator, that we need to work on drop rates? I think not, because I understand that I don't need the Arcanes and they are actually a reason to login when I have everything else in the game. Which I am grateful for, because Warframe is one of my favorite games, but when I have everything, I tend to not log in.

In my humble opinion, it is absolutely ok to criticise, but works make the melody. And yours is unforgiving, brutal and in a big sweep you not only hit DE, but a lot of fellow tenno brothers who happen to have a different opinion than you have. Don't you think you can criticise a bit more politely and maybe, just maybe think about how fair Warframe really is and how many other players, even when their opinion differs from yours, have kept this game afloat for all these years with their money?

• Like 1

vor 11 Stunden schrieb PublikDomain:

The usual "you're just entitled", "it'll never happen", "it's fine how it is", "stop asking", etc. that gets thrown around any time anyone suggests anything be improved in any way. And lo and behold, the people so insistent that nothing would/could/should be done about it are wrong yet again.

Are you aware, that if the forum complainers always got it their way, that the drop rates would be 100%, everyone would Bramma or Zarr clear the whole mission with one shot and prices would be down to 0 and DE would have died from bankruptcy 10 years ago?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dunkelheit said:

Imagine a company that supports a game for 10 years, beloved by a lot of people, they put in the fairest F2P model in the existence of mankind, with some very rare exceptions the skins are way under 10 bucks, whereas other games have rached the 20bucks threshold already and each and every time they release something, the mob is ready to hit the developer with everything they got as if they are the most feroccious predators in gaming history.

And please, don't play it like the angry mob changed the game for the better. Let us imagine we had 10.000 changes in the game, people criticized all 10.000 changes, whereas 100 changes have been implemented.

Getting vocal (or mad, whatever helps you sleep at night) is the only way to get the message across. To let the developers know. No matter the tone of the player, be they polite, or LoL-tier toxic. Preferably the former, but the latter is what happens when things go unaddressed.

There is a limit to that, which I admit some do not realize, because the vocal ones aren't always correct.

But I think it's safe to say the """""angry""""" mob did help here.

If they would design a button that instantly gratifies you with all loot in the game, there would still be people who tell us that pressing that button is just too much work and DE just made it that hard, because they are selfish predators.

I don't even know where this sentiment comes from, or what it is based on. There are entitled players, sure, but they aren't the majority, nor the vocal minority, or anything of note.

I have explained it several times, let me explain it for you again:

The game does not need shards, you don't need them, there is literally no content in the game that needs the shard for completion. They are just here to make unbelievably OP players even more OP. 

My guy, everything in this game is here to make us even more OP. From when you started with your MK-1 Braton, to your Incarnon weapons. It is literally the point of every update. It's not a need, it's a want, which is why we keep playing. We want the thing that the new update introduced. Why play if not for that?

Same goes for the melee arcanes in Netracells. I have made every single run available and I have 1. Do you see me complaining about how RNG is unfair, DE is a predator, that we need to work on drop rates? I think not, because I understand that I don't need the Arcanes and they are actually a reason to login when I have everything else in the game. Which I am grateful for, because Warframe is one of my favorite games, but when I have everything, I tend to not log in.

I am so happy that you are content with mediocrity. I'm not sure what bearing it has on what you're trying to say, but moving on.

In my humble opinion, it is absolutely ok to criticise, but works make the melody. And yours is unforgiving, brutal and in a big sweep you not only hit DE, but a lot of fellow tenno brothers who happen to have a different opinion than you have. Don't you think you can criticise a bit more politely and maybe, just maybe think about how fair Warframe really is and how many other players, even when their opinion differs from yours, have kept this game afloat for all these years with their money?

I was making a dig at the people who said it was completely ok AND continued shutting down valid, well-put arguments about the system by way of simply throwing their arguments out the window. This isn't "difference of opinion" anymore, this is "I am a contrarian because I have nothing better to do".

Nowhere did I try to hit DE.

I really don't care what you (or anyone for that matter) think of my tone. I also help keep the game afloat, btw. I really don't know where you're going with this.

Are you aware, that if the forum complainers always got it their way, that the drop rates would be 100%, everyone would Bramma or Zarr clear the whole mission with one shot and prices would be down to 0 and DE would have died from bankruptcy 10 years ago?

No one is asking for the complainers like me to always get our way. No one is also asking for guaranteed drops. You, and everyone like you, who keeps postulating this bs non-sequitur, are the reason why I made that comment in the first place.

Edited by Skoomaseller
  • Like 4

🤔 Funny, DE keeps doing the things us "forum complainers" suggest and the game's still ticking! Better than it's been in a long time in fact, recent monetization decisions aside.

And people suggesting that it shouldn't take 25 weeks just to finish upgrading one Warframe out of 50+ wasn't suggesting that "drop rates be 100%". What hyperbolistic nonsense! It was suggesting that maybe half a year of your life was a bit too long to be spent working on some items in a video game. Maybe a month is more reasonable? Maybe less? Maybe it should be fair? Maybe you should be able to make steady forward progress? Maybe experimentation should be encouraged? Maybe it should be fun? But that's too much for some people to handle I guess.

Same goes for the melee arcanes in Netracells. I have made every single run available and I have 1.

And don't you worry, they said they're gonna be improving that too!

maui.jpg

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 2