Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forgotten melee weapons

Spriggen1337

2 hours ago, Spriggen1337 said:

Kestrel needs a prime/incarnon 

dear god please. I was using this recently and it's awful compared to all the other Glaives. IMO no Melee weapon should have less than 20% Crit or status, that's about where the threshold lies in my experience between a good melee and a bad one. and while we're at it:

- Tonbo. this polearm that supposedly "the tenno relied solely on during the darkest days of the Old War", STILL doesn't have a prime all these years later.

- Dual Zoren. the OG coptering weapon doesn't have a prime version either. IMO it should have come with Hildryn Prime, to really lean into the viking/berserker theme. 

- Dragon Nikana. remember years ago, when everybody wanted this weapon "omg, DRAGON Nikana?!! it says it's a master's weapon, it must be amazing!".. and it has been totally outclassed by Nikana Prime.. and Skiajati.... and Syam.... and basically any slapdash Nikana Zaw.... 

- Serro. it's not actually THAT bad, I just never see anybody else using this. it's also one of the few weapons that has actual lore in it's description (it got banned when rebels on Sedna started using it against the Grineer/Corpus, it's not specified which but Sedna is Grineer owned, so probably them).

- Dark Split Sword. seriously, it really irritates me that this weapon isn't in a unique stance class all it's own because it would be awesome: having either a unique stance where it switches forms mid combo, or at least the ability to equip both a Dual-Sword AND a heavy Blade stance, and switch modes via heavy attack, would be awesome. anyone who has used the Switch Axe/Charge Blade in Monster Hunter or played Bloodborne would be wanting this. best part is if they did make it a new weapon type, we could see more split swords added: people like the Corufell don't they, so why not have more transforming melees?

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7

My biggest hope is the update gives some incentive to use weapons with low slash weight / no forced bleeds.

I don't expect it at all, but some new Zaw types and general freshening up of those parts would be great.

2 hours ago, Spriggen1337 said:

- Kestrel needs a prime/incarnon 

I have to admit, Incarnon Kestrel would hype me up.  Also Okina, Sarpa, Endura, or Ripkas.

Edited by Tiltskillet

I wouldnt mind a system when once u get to a certain Mr (say 20), allowed weapons (melee and ranged) tagged Starter get "upgraded" to advanced kinda like making a prime but without the unique feature, visual upgrade or even the desire to actually make the weapon
The upgrade would be perma  and it would switch the starter stats to the advanced ones.
This would allow you to keep fave weapons without calling them Mr fodder.

yes i know rivens exist but they dont fix the problem.