Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Lanka Scope And Bows

nekrojiji

I like the idea to introduce sniper scopes, but Lanka's is just bad.

It blocks your vision with a HUD that gives no information.

The scope of such a weapon should give some information as: DISTANCE to the targets withing that field of view, and their VELOCITY. We can use those variables to adjust the lead on the shot, so we can actually hit long range targets with a "SNIPER RIFLE", I know it's a crazy concept.

I understand that this would dig a deeper grave for bows..... So they should have some kind of advantage like pinning (even if the target is not dead) to the wall or to another target (stopping them somehow), arrow exclusive mods (which prock 100%, not like Thunderbolt) and make the arrow speed at least 100 m/s (they are not medieval, they're space ninja bows). So bows would be the mid range weapon wich needs no reload. Fast shots would be slower and not pinn enemies but charged shots would be faster and pinn.

For the next posts .....

It's not about Realism ....It's about balance..... so people would use both weapons (Snipers or Bows).

They already have that, its called a Ballistica. Deadly pin point accurate, with a high alpha damage.

Edited by GhostUnitVII

Have they even removed the horrid blue glow from the middle of the screen when zoomed-in with the Lanka? That should be at the top of the to-do list.

You can hardly even call it a sniper rifle at this point when the laser pointer is facing the wrong way.

No idea what you smoke ..... did you at least read the topic!? 

hey only replying to what you said about "snipers and bows" well the ballistica is a Hybrid weapon, that has the effect of a bow, but it shoots like a Lanka.

its long range, deadly, and pinpoint accurate, so why would you carry both, a sniper rifle and a bow, when you can have one as a side arm.

just sayin...

The scopes are crap though on the Sniper rifles, I have a lanka, so yeh, i can understand that. But what pains me the most is the lack of mods, and attention that bows are getting, they are totally being left in the dark, and nothing is going on about it. They lack in mods, their Thunderbolt mod doesnt even add blast damage, nor any damage really, just some nice fireworks, and a window poper. So after removing the pyrotechnic mod off my bow, im using straight up elementals on it, but i still wish that they had the same amount of mods that sniper rifles have.

Ive read the topic, and I know where this is going, but im starting to lose faith in bows, and eventually, it would just be another weapon, burried in the past, like the gorgon, or the boar.

I for one really enjoy the scope! and I'm sure the Dread would have a word with you about bows being useless xD

Though! your idea for range/velocity (though I don't quite understand how to use them them) sound fun, immerseive, and make sense so I +1 you for that!

In my opinion scope vision should contain useful information, otherwise it makes no sense.

Maybe kind of modified HUD.

Maybe a fish eye vision of surroundings on borderline and zoomed view in the middle.

Some kind of mil dots or stripes would be nice, but nothing unnecessarily overdone.

It should be plain simple, with additional useful information for long range shooting, maybe kind of target moving vector indicator.  

Simple, logic and useful. Not shiny bling bling useless.  

I don't know how anyone can enjoy the new scope on the Lanka...

Here's a Lanka screenshot someone took. And my in-game experience verfies that this happens all the time.

3DEsZmx.png

Now if the bright-as-F*** glow were to be removed this scope would at least be useable. But the primary problem is simply that the "I'm Charged!" glow eats up your entire viewbox.

I don't know how anyone can enjoy the new scope on the Lanka...

Here's a Lanka screenshot someone took. And my in-game experience verfies that this happens all the time.

3DEsZmx.png

Now if the bright-as-F*** glow were to be removed this scope would at least be useable. But the primary problem is simply that the "I'm Charged!" glow eats up your entire viewbox.

Oh my bloody hell what was going through the mind of the dev who thought that the glow would be a good idea

the glow dont comes from the scope its from the charged laser sniptron vandal got same scope =) there it works and as long this bright light urghs arround

just look left or right where you wanna look charge and then move back where you want to look and the bright light is gone

the glow dont comes from the scope its from the charged laser sniptron vandal got same scope =) there it works and as long this bright light urghs arround

just look left or right where you wanna look charge and then move back where you want to look and the bright light is gone

Scope still sucks on snipetron. This need to be redone.