Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good content for a change.

White_Matter

I haven't touched the update because I'm just not interested in more weeklies.  I sent DE the wrong message by doing Archons/Kahl I guess, now I can definitely immediately drop him forever.  I don't really need shards, but regular shards are completely useless (to me).  The regulars should have no cost at all to remove.  Whats the purpose of them?  They aren't permanent.  I like making builds around the Taus, but I have probably around 20 total.  In a squad, these stat boots are pretty insignificant.

The entire purpose is just to keep you playing each week, but what is the limit to these types of missions?  If I engage with the new content, then what?  How much weekly crap will DE keep pouring into the game?  I've just lost interest, but for those that want 5-10, 20? weekly missions, I guess keep doing it.  I don't see why they'll stop. 

The tau's are earned too slowly to warrant doing the mission in my opinion.  I didn't even want to do the archon missions initially, because its a recycled sortie, and I never sortie, but the taus had some interest.  Now a year or whatever later, and they are still just a slow trickle and they aren't actually that good to really warrant this slow trickle.  They could have been a lot more creative and cool, but they are mostly just damage, or defense, or efficiency, minus actual efficiency, or range.  So they give you a little more duration, strength, or energy or speed?  And need a 6 yr timegate.  I just don't agree with that and can't continue to engage in it.  Maybe if they had anti-friction, slide, movement speed type modifiers, creative things etc.  Even then, that's not worth doing weeklies for. 

All I can do is not login and not play the weeklies, drop Kahl etc.  Kahl should be a guaranteed Tau because the mission is so bad.  The archon missions themselves aren't good either.  Mars and Earth are super dated.  Earth defense is torture.  No updates to any of that.  Just copy and pasting old stuff.  I'm done with that.

This update though does look good, but I don't want to send DE the wrong message weekly missions.

Edit:  Even if they removed the timegate and let you farm them, it would take a long time, very long to have taus in every frame.  People would be playing that, but not everyone would be doing that round the clock to get 250+ taus.  And there would be more creative options.  There's actually different tau builds within the same frame, so the idea that you would just fill up on these quick just isn't going to happen unless you have one frame and very simple design.  Maybe that's what most warframe players are.  I just don't see the point of wasting time on them, when you can't get them in a meaningful quantity.  A veteran can easily tank bile costs, but it's not worth swapping for funsies.  The process of feeding and swapping is a hassle, so they are permanent, which eliminates a lot of creativity they could be used for, and therefore the permanent nature of them leads you to wanting to center around the Taus.  So you end up playing less (as far as experimenting/minmaxing and creating fun combos) as a result of the system, that is designed to make you regularly play.

Edited by Lord_Drod
  • Like 2