Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good content for a change.

White_Matter

TBH I didn't have high hopes for this update, but DE delivered. Pretty decent quest, came with new enemies, characters, tileset and a bit of gameplay upgrades.  Yes, the novelty eventually wears off but this reminded me of the old days when I was excited for each new update and warframe because it brought something new and improved upon what we had.

• Like 7

vor einer Stunde schrieb Voltage:

The weeklies completely kill the vibe of an otherwise nice update. I'm not sure why DE is bent on adding such a terrible acquisition system for Archon Shards.

Have you played it? It is quite long, you can run it 5 times and you get excellent rewards out of it. They could let you run the mission infinite times, but then they would need to lower the RNG into nothingness, which would be pretty unfair for casual players.

This being said, the Vault Run is absolutely fantastic, hard, but doable. Loved every second with the update so far.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

Have you played it? It is quite long, you can run it 5 times and you get excellent rewards out of it. They could let you run the mission infinite times, but then they would need to lower the RNG into nothingness, which would be pretty unfair for casual players.

This being said, the Vault Run is absolutely fantastic, hard, but doable. Loved every second with the update so far.

9 minutes because of slower enemy spawns is nothing crazy. I mean the mission is still fun, but it's nothing truly innovative. The reward structure is the problem. Getting melee Arcanes you can easily earn outside of the time gate is a waste of the weekly reward. It's like if you wanted to get your Incarnon for the week and the Circuit chose a Riven Mod for your Tier 5 reward instead.

There shouldn't be the ability to have major variance between players on a reward that is heavily limited like Shards. People have been pointing this out since Veilbreaker. DE actually released a new way to earn shards that has worse progression than the way Archon Hunts work. There's no guarantee you even get a Shard in a week from this mode. You're just coping on it being a "common drop".

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

The weeklies completely kill the vibe of an otherwise nice update. I'm not sure why DE is bent on adding such a terrible acquisition system for Archon Shards.

to be fair, I was shocked when I noticed you could do it 5 times. that's crazy generous compared to Archon Hunts, which you can still do on top of that. I still got a couple of shards out of it, and while I will say that maybe melee arcanes should be elsewhere, it's not uncommon for DE to just shove a new thing into the loot pool for the sake of filling it. they actually kept the pool small as well, just shards, arcanes and arcane adapters, I expected them to end up throwing the usual Kuva and Rivens in there, but no, it's ALL new stuff.

it's not perfect, sure, but it's a damnsite better than what we've had in the past, and the mode itself is fun. the downside is contending with RNG, but that's always been the way with warframe. one improvement I would suggest though is that it should also give a large amount of Cavia Standing, like 10k or whatever: we are doing this on behalf of Tagfer, so really we should be getting credited for that as well. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

to be fair, I was shocked when I noticed you could do it 5 times. that's crazy generous compared to Archon Hunts, which you can still do on top of that. I still got a couple of shards out of it, and while I will say that maybe melee arcanes should be elsewhere, it's not uncommon for DE to just shove a new thing into the loot pool for the sake of filling it. they actually kept the pool small as well, just shards, arcanes and arcane adapters, I expected them to end up throwing the usual Kuva and Rivens in there, but no, it's ALL new stuff.

it's not perfect, sure, but it's a damnsite better than what we've had in the past, and the mode itself is fun. the downside is contending with RNG, but that's always been the way with warframe. one improvement I would suggest though is that it should also give a large amount of Cavia Standing, like 10k or whatever: we are doing this on behalf of Tagfer, so really we should be getting credited for that as well. 

You can find infinite books while playing the normal modes which has an Arcane pool too. Giving you a limited chance per week to get something is going further in the direction of just having gacha mechanics for new power items.

Archon Hunts and Kahl are actually better, because the reward is guaranteed. I much rather take the terrible drop system of Archon Hunts than the chance at getting something from a time-gated weekly.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Giving you a limited chance per week to get something is going further in the direction of just having gacha mechanics for new power items.

heh, maybe they should just commit and start introducing Banners where we have to pull for frames using platinum. Prime frames as the 5 stars, vanillas as 4 stars.. I'm amusing myself but also scaring myself as I think of this, I'll stop now :crylaugh: 

1 hour ago, Dunkelheit said:

For me the drop tables will likely kill the mission entirely for me, so in a couple of weeks I will either not run it or hate running it. Melee items feel far too hyper focused of a reward, and they also have other non limited (or not as limited) ways of getting. For me as someone who avoids melee since the changes in 3.0, it just feels awful to see all 5 chances being wasted and feeling a huge waste of time. At least they should've added a weekly pity, but as it stands it will just feel mentally exhausting to run it, but also feel bad to miss potential rewards.

I'd honestly much prefer to get standing tokens, since it's limited they could even make them not use the daily cap. Then a few months down the line add new items to the shop and even some more evergreen items.

It's pretty much a huge feel bad on a rather enjoyable update.

Edited by God_is_a_Cat_Girl
  • Like 3

I almost dropped warframe entirely cause of duviri, since you could not play your loadouts in any of the new content....
But this update made me fall back in love with warframe all over again.

This is the type of content i want DE to focus on, they should stop focusing on getting tourists hooked, and just focus on the people who already love what is there. 
I really hope this update will bring them allot of money, that way they can keep making content focused on the recurring player base, and not on temporary players. 

Am 14.12.2023 um 00:46 schrieb Voltage:

9 minutes because of slower enemy spawns is nothing crazy. I mean the mission is still fun, but it's nothing truly innovative. The reward structure is the problem. Getting melee Arcanes you can easily earn outside of the time gate is a waste of the weekly reward. It's like if you wanted to get your Incarnon for the week and the Circuit chose a Riven Mod for your Tier 5 reward instead.

There shouldn't be the ability to have major variance between players on a reward that is heavily limited like Shards. People have been pointing this out since Veilbreaker. DE actually released a new way to earn shards that has worse progression than the way Archon Hunts work. There's no guarantee you even get a Shard in a week from this mode. You're just coping on it being a "common drop".

I am a bit tired to discuss this again and again. If your drop has a chance of 20% and you have 5 tackles at it per week, you will get 1 shard per week over time. Sometimes you will have more bad luck, sometimes a bit less, but if you run this infinite times (or a very high number) you will be at 1 shard per week with very high precision, because RNG works that way. The more often you run, the more you will get pinpoint results.

And it seems that DE only wants us to have a limited number of shards per week that is calculated. Over time, you will get more and more, especially when the next "hot thing" arrives. But till this time, DE is using shards and Arcanes as a way to reward players who are here every week. And the number is limited, because they don't want their content eaten up in 4 weeks.

I am not defending it, not discussing, this is a fact.

So I don't get it why people get a bloody nose again, again and again, and start this topic a hundred times per week. If you really want to change something, log out. If no players log in for a week, they will change everything that the players asked for.

I will continue to log in though, because I am pretty happy with the system for some reasons:

- I get 3 shards per week at the very least, which is quite the high number

- Warframes are so strong, I think they don't need powercreep, but we get it anyway

- I am happy to have reasons to play every week, because I love the game. When I have no incentives to login, I usually don't, because while I love the game, the gameplay is not good enough to keep me logging in for 10 years

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

I am a bit tired to discuss this again and again. If your drop has a chance of 20% and you have 5 tackles at it per week, you will get 1 shard per week over time. Sometimes you will have more bad luck, sometimes a bit less, but if you run this infinite times (or a very high number) you will be at 1 shard per week with very high precision, because RNG works that way. The more often you run, the more you will get pinpoint results.

And it seems that DE only wants us to have a limited number of shards per week that is calculated. Over time, you will get more and more, especially when the next "hot thing" arrives. But till this time, DE is using shards and Arcanes as a way to reward players who are here every week. And the number is limited, because they don't want their content eaten up in 4 weeks.

I am not defending it, not discussing, this is a fact.

So I don't get it why people get a bloody nose again, again and again, and start this topic a hundred times per week. If you really want to change something, log out. If no players log in for a week, they will change everything that the players asked for.

I will continue to log in though, because I am pretty happy with the system for some reasons:

- I get 3 shards per week at the very least, which is quite the high number

- Warframes are so strong, I think they don't need powercreep, but we get it anyway

- I am happy to have reasons to play every week, because I love the game. When I have no incentives to login, I usually don't, because while I love the game, the gameplay is not good enough to keep me logging in for 10 years

I do not mind slow progress or drop chances. I've been enjoying the game for close to a decade now with that in place. What bothers me is having random progress that is time-gated with discrepancy among other players.

I've been participating in Veilbreaker and Archon Hunts since day 1. However, other players without that commitment can earn more Shards than me by pure chance, and it feels insulting for a time-gated progression system to be setup in a way where your overall progress cannot be caught up on, and your gains are fully random.

People have been asking for a way to grind additional resources to be able to improve their Shards to Tauforged so that their progress can be maximized with extra effort compared to the lucky. Getting something I can get for syndicate reputation instead of a weekly time-gated resource that I've been farming for over a year now and need several of is just needless dilution for the sake of annoyance. They could have simply added Netracell content to give +3 Shards per week (one of each color and not Tauforged), and added a system where players grind for a system that converts an existing Shard into a Tauforged one, with expensive resource costs. You can make something grindy and take a long time without making it feel bad. The current way Archon Shard inventories progress for me leads me closer to burnout than when I'm farming for Incarnon Adapters or Syndicate reputation.

Plenty of feedback exists where Shards still take many years to fully kit out, but the progress feels more fair, more earned, and like you're not falling behind another player because of your luck.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Voltage:

I do not mind slow progress or drop chances. I've been enjoying the game for close to a decade now with that in place. What bothers me is having random progress that is time-gated with discrepancy among other players.

I've been participating in Veilbreaker and Archon Hunts since day 1. However, other players without that commitment can earn more Shards than me by pure chance, and it feels insulting for a time-gated progression system to be setup in a way where your overall progress cannot be caught up on, and your gains are fully random.

People have been asking for a way to grind additional resources to be able to improve their Shards to Tauforged so that their progress can be maximized with extra effort compared to the lucky. Getting something I can get for syndicate reputation instead of a weekly time-gated resource that I've been farming for over a year now and need several of is just needless dilution for the sake of annoyance. They could have simply added Netracell content to give +3 Shards per week (one of each color and not Tauforged), and added a system where players grind for a system that converts an existing Shard into a Tauforged one, with expensive resource costs. You can make something grindy and take a long time without making it feel bad. The current way Archon Shard inventories progress for me leads me closer to burnout than when I'm farming for Incarnon Adapters or Syndicate reputation.

Plenty of feedback exists where Shards still take many years to fully kit out, but the progress feels more fair, more earned, and like you're not falling behind another player because of your luck.

I am sorry that you feel that way. But here are some wise words from my grandmother: Don't look at others, it will make you unhappy. Just look at yourself.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Dunkelheit said:

I am sorry that you feel that way. But here are some wise words from my grandmother: Don't look at others, it will make you unhappy. Just look at yourself.

Cliche lecturing doesn't accomplish anything in this discussion. My point is also not the comparison between players, but the nature of randomization within time-gating. Having random drops is fine. Having time-gating is fine too. Mixing them in the way Archon Shards work leaves a bad taste in your mouth every time you get "the wrong roll" because you need to wait an arbitrary amount of time to try again. This feels close to the way some mobile games feel, and it can absolutely hasten the feeling of burnout and annoyance.

As I said, there is plenty of feedback that has existed for a year now that leaves Archon Shards in a grindy way, but feels like you actually have control over how progressed you are. Right now they still feel like the end-game version of Login Rewards. Your progression is essentially nothing more than a metric of weekly logins and less about grinding, as there is no way to make up for lost weeks. This is compounded when it costs Bile to remove Shards and fusion results in less overall inventory.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Voltage:

Cliche lecturing doesn't accomplish anything in this discussion. My point is also not the comparison between players, but the nature of randomization within time-gating. Having random drops is fine. Having time-gating is fine too. Mixing them in the way Archon Shards work leaves a bad taste in your mouth every time you get "the wrong roll" because you need to wait an arbitrary amount of time to try again. This feels close to the way some mobile games feel, and it can absolutely hasten the feeling of burnout and annoyance.

As I said, there is plenty of feedback that has existed for a year now that leaves Archon Shards in a grindy way, but feels like you actually have control over how progressed you are. Right now they still feel like the end-game version of Login Rewards. Your progression is essentially nothing more than a metric of weekly logins and less about grinding, as there is no way to make up for lost weeks. This is compounded when it costs Bile to remove Shards and fusion results in less overall inventory.

Let us cut the discussion here... it feels like there is only one way and this is your way. You will complain till you get exactly what you want.

You don't need shards for any content in the game, you don't need Tauforged either. I told you that over time it will straighten out, because this is the very nature of randomness, but you did not bother to read it or you are just stubborn and want to tell everyone how RNG is "just bad for you". I have heard this a million times. I don't have a bad taste in my mouth, it does not make me burn out and I am not annoyed. I am just happy that I can make some strong Warframes even stronger. It really sounds like a "you" problem. For me personally it is something that I can do each week which I like.

And it is not cliche lecturing, these are wise words. Problem is, you need to be wise to understand their value.

• Like 4

On 12/13/2023 at 5:08 PM, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

heh, maybe they should just commit and start introducing Banners where we have to pull for frames using platinum. Prime frames as the 5 stars, vanillas as 4 stars.. I'm amusing myself but also scaring myself as I think of this, I'll stop now :crylaugh: 

Give me back my 3-Star Hydroid legacy rarity back please.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

Let us cut the discussion here... it feels like there is only one way and this is your way. You will complain till you get exactly what you want.

You don't need shards for any content in the game, you don't need Tauforged either. I told you that over time it will straighten out, because this is the very nature of randomness, but you did not bother to read it or you are just stubborn and want to tell everyone how RNG is "just bad for you". I have heard this a million times. I don't have a bad taste in my mouth, it does not make me burn out and I am not annoyed. I am just happy that I can make some strong Warframes even stronger. It really sounds like a "you" problem. For me personally it is something that I can do each week which I like.

And it is not cliche lecturing, these are wise words. Problem is, you need to be wise to understand their value.

There's nothing wise here. Just a player who doesn't even understand the poor design decision and embraces it instead of voicing any attempts to improve it for even themselves. If you don't get it and enjoy it that's great for you. That doesn't make it less a bad system in a game that had previously avoided it for the very reason of why it's bad. This is most if why people are annoyed. This was the game that didn't do the garbage everyone else did.

And no it won't "balance out" if you miss weeks for other things. Previous content in this game would have allowed you to just play and get it as you wanted. 

• Like 4

I actually really like the core content with this update. The new tile set is gorgeous, and the breakable furniture makes chimping out on large hordes of enemies even more satisfying. Bounties actually giving rep again is a god send, loads of enemies, resources are plentiful, and getting 5 attempts at a weekly objective is really nice. This update doesn't feel like a huge grind like the last few open worlds have been. I'm enjoying the journey far more this time around than the last several updates. Besides the story, this update is a real winner at least in my opinion.

Also those new arcanes are crazy. I don't typically bother farming those, but I'm fully on board for these ones.

Edited by Sierra
  • Like 1

On 2023-12-16 at 12:21 PM, Dunkelheit said:

You say "my way", but the suggestions many players have (that I am honestly just repeating and molding together based on my own experiences and what I've read from many other players) are actually to allow newer players and casual players to eventually be on equal footing with an older player no matter when they jump into the system. Do you know what my personal, selfish, not-caring-about-any-other-player perspective is? "This is fine, because I won't miss weeklies and I really don't care that a player who's played less weeks or missed them has less Shards than me". That's my transparent, honest reaction because I already enjoy keeping up with the game and I won't miss drops. That reflection really tells you part of the problem with Archon Shards though. It divides players based on login streak, much like how the Login Tribute system did before it capped at 1000 (now 3000 of scaling) days AND added the option to choose milestone rewards. Archon Shards right now are the same if Login Tributes never stopped scaling the reward track. You'd be permanently separated from progression because of the date at which you started and how religiously you played. That's not a great system to have.

What I don't understand is the anti-mentality here. The suggestions many players have provided would not make your experience worse, unless you're experience is solely good because other players are upset with how it works (which I would not assume is the case with anyone). "It will straighten out over time" is omission that the variance is actually unnecessary. If you're going to time-gate something, just time-gate it like Veilbreaker where you get a set rate. RNG isn't necessary there. If you enjoy the mode, why not there be 2 Netracells a week with guaranteed Shards, and then you can just replay the mode as much as you want with a chance at the Adapters and Arcanes?

I'm not understanding the refusal to improve the system. Warframe used to stand out among the other games that add these kinds of "farms", not stand right next to them or consider using their ideas (Story Skip and Regal Aya).

On 2023-12-16 at 12:21 PM, Dunkelheit said:

This just comes off as pretentious.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 4

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Voltage:

You say "my way", but the suggestions many players have (that I am honestly just repeating and molding together based on my own experiences and what I've read from many other players) are actually to allow newer players and casual players to eventually be on equal footing with an older player no matter when they jump into the system. Do you know what my personal, selfish, not-caring-about-any-other-player perspective is? "This is fine, because I won't miss weeklies and I really don't care that a player who's played less weeks or missed them has less Shards than me". That's my transparent, honest reaction because I already enjoy keeping up with the game and I won't miss drops. That reflection really tells you part of the problem with Archon Shards though. It divides players based on login streak, much like how the Login Tribute system did before it capped at 1000 (now 3000 of scaling) days AND added the option to choose milestone rewards. Archon Shards right now are the same if Login Tributes never stopped scaling the reward track. You'd be permanently separated from progression because of the date at which you started and how religiously you played. That's not a great system to have.

What I don't understand is the anti-mentality here. The suggestions many players have provided would not make your experience worse, unless you're experience is solely good because other players are upset with how it works (which I would not assume is the case with anyone). "It will straighten out over time" is omission that the variance is actually unnecessary. If you're going to time-gate something, just time-gate it like Veilbreaker where you get a set rate. RNG isn't necessary there. If you enjoy the mode, why not there be 2 Netracells a week with guaranteed Shards, and then you can just replay the mode as much as you want with a chance at the Adapters and Arcanes?

I'm not understanding the refusal to improve the system. Warframe used to stand out among the other games that add these kinds of "farms", not stand right next to them or consider using their ideas (Story Skip and Regal Aya).

This just comes off as pretentious.

I would maybe agree with you, if there would be a large gap between new players and  Veterans. But honestly, Archon Shards make no difference. It basically gives you one more mod slot on your Warframe (a bit more depending on the WF and the bonus you need/want). This is more power, for sure, but you would not feel any difference in a group with fully shard equipped Warframes and without.

I don't use shards. I think in total I have put 4 casting time Topazes in some frames, but in every single group, I am the one with the most kills and the most damage (exceptions are proof for the rule). This does not mean I am the super Warframe player, I am surely not, but it is so rare that someone outperforms me and this is just proof that with shards, you are not that much better. So your argument is not valid. I can proof it to you, play with you with frames with shards and without and you won't notice a difference. This is not the first time I said it and it won't be the last time. In the end though, what does it say about you that you so desperately argue about something in game that gives you an edge, yes, but it is not fundamentally unbalanced? It feels like my kid who wants to explain to me that he needs this toy or his life is over. But honestly, my respect that you are not one of the "tauforged" guys who obviously want every frame equipped in tauforged shards and they want it yesterday. Because that makes even less sense.

Even if the shards were that much of a powercreep and they were needed for content, newer players tend to stay out of Steel Path anyway. They run relics, normal content and other stuff. But the very second they enter Steel Path, they need 10 weeks, this is 2 months and they will have 30 shards to play with, if they can get their hands on 3 shards (since 2 shards are granted with Kahl and Archon Hunt and I think one shard from 5 Vault runs are very probable). That means they can equip 6 Warframes with shards after mere 2 months. Even as a new player to steel path, you can can catch up fast enough. So please, don't use that argument about "cutting the playerbase in 2" ever again.

This is why Archon Shards are a strike of genius: They are fun to get, feel powerful, but in the end, they don't change the powerlevel by a lot.

And I am against "improving" the system, because most people don't know what is good for them and would destroy the game if they get their wishes granted. All your arguments are paper thin and can easily be argued against. For me personally, I have a reason to login and do something every week and this makes me happy. Because as much as I love the game, the very second I have everything, I will look for another game and I don't want to.

Am 17.12.2023 um 00:19 schrieb Arbalest2:

There's nothing wise here. Just a player who doesn't even understand the poor design decision and embraces it instead of voicing any attempts to improve it for even themselves. If you don't get it and enjoy it that's great for you. That doesn't make it less a bad system in a game that had previously avoided it for the very reason of why it's bad. This is most if why people are annoyed. This was the game that didn't do the garbage everyone else did.

And no it won't "balance out" if you miss weeks for other things. Previous content in this game would have allowed you to just play and get it as you wanted. 

People (and gamers in particular) are very, very easily annoyed these days. They are like toddlers that do not get what they want. And heaven forbid, it is a time investment.

If you could farm Archon shards like Rubedo, most people would have them all in a month and complain that there is no reason to login. Or the RNG would be so improbable that they actually need a lot of runs to get one shared and burn out while trying to rush it and then complain that the numbers are so low and it is way too hard to get 250 shards. . Because if I have learned one thing in my life on Earth it is that human beings are never happy. We love drama way too much.

The system is ok, because Archon Shards are not that important. They are an incentive to login every week and they do a fine job doing it.

12 hours ago, Dunkelheit said:

I would maybe agree with you, if there would be a large gap between new players and  Veterans. But honestly, Archon Shards make no difference. It basically gives you one more mod slot on your Warframe (a bit more depending on the WF and the bonus you need/want). This is more power, for sure, but you would not feel any difference in a group with fully shard equipped Warframes and without.

I don't use shards. I think in total I have put 4 casting time Topazes in some frames, but in every single group, I am the one with the most kills and the most damage (exceptions are proof for the rule). This does not mean I am the super Warframe player, I am surely not, but it is so rare that someone outperforms me and this is just proof that with shards, you are not that much better. So your argument is not valid. I can proof it to you, play with you with frames with shards and without and you won't notice a difference. This is not the first time I said it and it won't be the last time. In the end though, what does it say about you that you so desperately argue about something in game that gives you an edge, yes, but it is not fundamentally unbalanced? It feels like my kid who wants to explain to me that he needs this toy or his life is over. But honestly, my respect that you are not one of the "tauforged" guys who obviously want every frame equipped in tauforged shards and they want it yesterday. Because that makes even less sense.

Even if the shards were that much of a powercreep and they were needed for content, newer players tend to stay out of Steel Path anyway. They run relics, normal content and other stuff. But the very second they enter Steel Path, they need 10 weeks, this is 2 months and they will have 30 shards to play with, if they can get their hands on 3 shards (since 2 shards are granted with Kahl and Archon Hunt and I think one shard from 5 Vault runs are very probable). That means they can equip 6 Warframes with shards after mere 2 months. Even as a new player to steel path, you can can catch up fast enough. So please, don't use that argument about "cutting the playerbase in 2" ever again.

This is why Archon Shards are a strike of genius: They are fun to get, feel powerful, but in the end, they don't change the powerlevel by a lot.

And I am against "improving" the system, because most people don't know what is good for them and would destroy the game if they get their wishes granted. All your arguments are paper thin and can easily be argued against. For me personally, I have a reason to login and do something every week and this makes me happy. Because as much as I love the game, the very second I have everything, I will look for another game and I don't want to.

You realize the "I dont use shards" line just outs you as a troll right? You argue to not change a system you don't bother with probably for the very reasons everyone else suggests to improve it. And you consistently try to belittle everyone by referring to them as children because they have an opinion different that yours.

We all know from every other thing this game has added that shards won't remain as they are. There's no foresight at DE, only hindsight so this will go through the same iterations everything else has until its a passable system. People voicing their opinions here are just trying to speed up the inevitable and get it right. 

• Like 2