The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed / Galvanized Mod Ideas

Xayah

got bored and it's late, had a few ideas for primed / galvanized mods that would be cool to see

Galvanized Firestorm - Improves the Blast Radius of weapons with Radial Attacks. +18% Blast Radius (On Kill: +12% Blast Radius for 5s, Stacks up to x4) 16 Drain. (it's got a weaker blast radius at base, stronger with stacks and hitting the same % pre-nerf Firestorm was with a bit more effort than slotting a mod.)

Galvanized Fulmination - Improves the Blast Radius of weapons with Radial Attacks. +18% Blast Radius (On Kill: +12% Blast Radius for 5s, Stacks up to x4) 16 Drain. (it's got a weaker blast radius at base, stronger with stacks and hitting the same % pre-nerf Fulmination was with a bit more effort than slotting a mod.) 

A Galvanized Version of Bladed Rounds, Shrapnel Shot, Sharpened Bullets (Critical Damage on Kill while Aiming) and Laser Sight (Critical Chance on Headshot while Aiming) would also be nice to see, but i'm too lazy to do math and write up reasonable values lol.. also Shrapnel Shot would be confusing because of Galvanized Shot (Pistol Status Chance) already having "Shot" as its name.

Primed Serration - +225% Damage, 16 Drain. (+60% damage compared to base Serration, costing 2 extra capacity.. not much to say)

Primed Hornet Strike - +300% Damage, 16 Drain. (+80% damage compared to base Hornet Strike, costing 2 extra capacity.. not much to say here either)

Primed Vital Sense - +180% Critical Damage, 14 Drain. (+60% critical damage compared to base Vital Sense, costing 5 extra capacity)

Primed Blunderbuss - +150% Critical Chance, 14 Drain. (+60% critical chance compared to base Blunderbuss, costing 5 extra capacity)

Primed Versions of more +90% Element Mods would be nice to see as well, they've got neat uses since they require such high capacity and offer high raw damage.

if anyone has any other ideas or opinions to my suggestions/ideas, I'd be glad to discuss them! :P

For 60 60 mods id prefer some interesting galvanize adaptations, like it can stack up to 5, with conditions resultin to 110% of elemental and like 90% of status chance at max stack.

And by now we probably should use some 60% ready elemental*blast, magnetic,viral,radiation,corrosive,gas* and 60% status. 

I would add to give galvanize melee for status which would help low status weps get 60+% with it or be like arcane avenger where its flat status chance not additive.

Its a crime that by now we dont have every mod primed for weapons in elemental department. 

Just now, AntifreezeUnder0 said:

For 60 60 mods id prefer some interesting galvanize adaptations, like it can stack up to 5, with conditions resultin to 110% of elemental and like 90% of status chance at max stack.

And by now we probably should use some 60% ready elemental*blast, magnetic,viral,radiation,corrosive,gas* and 60% status. 

I would add to give galvanize melee for status which would help low status weps get 60+% with it or be like arcane avenger where its flat status chance not additive.

Its a crime that by now we dont have every mod primed for weapons in elemental department. 

I feel like 60/60 Galvanizeds would absolutely gut the purpose of a 90% status mod

however, 60/60 mods for combined elements (mag, viral, rad, corro, gas) would be sick to see, i'd love to see them drop from thematic places like corrosive and viral 60/60 on deimos, gas and rad on fortuna.. etc etc..

we've already gotten dual stat radiation mods with Whisper in The Walls, so i'm keen to see what DE does next :P

I rather see more Galvanized/Amalgam/Primed Mods like Galvanized Acceleration or Amalgam Argonak Metal Auger. Stuff like Primed Redirection that we got from Baro is honestly boring, especially when it was already a rank 10 mod and we have Primed Vigor.

I think another thing that needs to be mentioned is "Drain Creep". Stuffing more Primed Elemental Mods, Galvanized Mods, etc. that are just straight upgrades are honestly more annoying to build diversity than mods in the nature of Primed Mobilize or Galvanized Acceleration, especially when we don't need these damage increases with the way things are unbalanced.

Edited by Voltage

4 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I rather see more Galvanized/Amalgam/Primed Mods like Galvanized Acceleration or Amalgam Argonak Metal Auger. Stuff like Primed Redirection that we got from Baro is honestly boring, especially when it was already a rank 10 mod and we have Primed Vigor.

I think another thing that needs to be mentioned is "Drain Creep". Stuffing more Primed Elemental Mods, Galvanized Mods, etc. that are just straight upgrades are honestly more annoying to build diversity than mods in the nature of Primed Mobilize or Galvanized Acceleration, especially when we don't need these damage increases with the way things are unbalanced.

This *might* sound incredibly stupid, but what if they changed weapon exilus mods to work like aura mods on warframes? instead of drains, they're positives. Melees have Stances to let them hit 74 Capacity, Warframes have Auras to let them hit 74 Capacity.. so why doesn't my rifle/shotgun/pistol have the ability for that? LOL. just 4am thoughts though.

7 minutes ago, Parii_s said:

This *might* sound incredibly stupid, but what if they changed weapon exilus mods to work like aura mods on warframes? instead of drains, they're positives. Melees have Stances to let them hit 74 Capacity, Warframes have Auras to let them hit 74 Capacity.. so why doesn't my rifle/shotgun/pistol have the ability for that? LOL. just 4am thoughts though.

Then you defeat the point of the modding system which is meant to restrict you on how many high drain mods you can fit all the time. The reason I mentioned "Drain Creep" is because they're stuffing needless high cost mods that aren't improving the modding situation.

I say rework Arbitrations. The dones are no longer needed with the questionable Eximus changes. As someone who did a lot of high level fighting they never did it right in the first place by allowing Specters and gear spam. The Archon restrictions are much closer to ideal. After that they can do something with it.

Or they can just let it stay dead like Sanctuary Onslaught which also didn't come out anywhere near advertised.
I don't really care for the fact Boosters work on Vitus essences and GunCO is a nightmare of a mess.

42 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Then you defeat the point of the modding system which is meant to restrict you on how many high drain mods you can fit all the time. The reason I mentioned "Drain Creep" is because they're stuffing needless high cost mods that aren't improving the modding situation.

Technically the restriction is the number of mod slots themselves. *Looks at melee for half a decade*.

Forma is more of a formality of progression early-mid game. It's why years ago I suggested the idea Rivens could have no polarity cost. They were more late game items and It would give reason for players to bother with 0.6 Disposition. Now Rivens fall from the sky though so maybe the Kuva/Tenet thing is a better option.

If not for the new simplified damage system with less damage type variety players would need 3 versions of most weapons at this point.
Instead things like Primed Cryo Round, Fevered Strike, Chilling Grasp and Charged Shell just sit there with little purpose.

I don't think we really need any more primed/galvanized mods though.. far as I remember Galvanized mods was just intended to be DE's way of getting guns to scale better in Steel path, where Melee was originally meta on its release. new primed Mods were something I gave up on, but Primed Redirection suggests it's still something DE want to do, if only to try and placate min-maxers.