The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lost quest progress and MR

(XBOX)Drebinr092

il y a 3 minutes, (XBOX)Drebinr092 a dit :

So linked my Xbox account to my pc founder with aim of Xbox being main data but it migrated my Xbox inventory into pc and lost MR and quest progress. I'm now having to reunlock arbitration and quest lines starting from vor

You prolly do smthg wrong ?

You did it wrong. You said you linked. You chose to link when you should’ve merged. You linked and chose your Xbox account as your primary account which means you carried over your Xbox progress to PC and did an overwrite. The process worked correctly and as intended, the problem is you didn’t choose the correct method. 

Edited by (NSW)NeonNebula
spelling
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

You did it wrong. You said you linked. You chose to link when you should’ve merged. You linked and chose your Xbox account as your primary account which means you carried over your Xbox progress to PC and did an overwrite. The process worked correctly and as intended, the problem is you didn’t choose the correct method. 

You seem to understand the FAQ way better than I understand it and if it’s not to much trouble help me understand how this process goes down in MY CASE bare with me. 

So I have my PSN account(MR 17) I guess according to DE I joined in 2021 which will be the primary, I just made a Warframe account on my Series S about a week or two ago (it was definitely made after this cut off date which I don’t understand what that date represents in correlation to my accounts seeing as how one was made before the date) I have only played the first mission on my new account. I want my PSN MR 17 progress on top of everything weapons, frames, star chart you name it I need it on my Series S account. I want to pick up where I left 2 years ago(on PS) and carry all the progress to my new account I don’t know/understand if that’s a link or merge some clarification on what I should do would help me out a great deal. 

I understand some of y’all are saying “just read it” it’s like getting a car you wanna make sure everything safe and right before you get it. So on top of reading the FAQ it doesn’t hurt to reach out to the community and ask for clarification. Some of y’all merged/linked accounts and lost everything and some people didn’t could’ve be user error(75%-85% of the time) or it could be on DE I wanna be safe before I make an irreversible decision. 

Edited by (PSN)MrTake1

Well, assuming this was user-end error, which seems like it, you should have been more careful, done a proper reading of the rules, how's and limitations of this entire thing.

It is after all probably the most important point of all our accounts - since this is the turning point for all of our combined progress between different accounts, and the consequences of a mistake are dire.

That being said, DE should expect this kind of thing to happen, and I bet you that more people will turn up with this exact problem. If it's possible to do, people will absolutely do it. We are talking about a whole lot of people here after all.

Regardless of where and how the mistake occured people are gonna be people, and there should be a backup plan for when something like this happens. Surely, hopefully, there's a way to roll it back and re-do at least once. Specially for cases when the mistake is not made by the player.

With this in mind, and knowing I will absolutely take my sweet time merging and making sure everything's right on my end, I will still be taking a comprehensive amount of screenshots on both my PS and PC accounts before atempting to merge. Just in case, even if not needed.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2