Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Additional Skilltree Operator/Warframes/Pets

_SYNTHDEMON_

Would be sweet if the amount of usage on weapons/warframes/companions

would get increased stats reached overtime by usage. Say using a Bo Prime for 12 hours would increase its overal stats by 1% when YOU wield it.

But you'll have to redeem the skillpoints you earned and invest them in a singular skillset point of the weapon: speed, dmg, status, etc.

Would be sweet to have some additional system you can earn points with (feels more rewarding that way, and another way to customize extra stats as well)

~Give me your thoughts on this~

What. No.

I’ve always hated how games level me out of the fight just by playing; choosing to build in a certain way is one thing, the game doing it for me is another. I want to keep fighting, game, how about you not take that away from me by not messing with my stats until everything is boring mush just by playing?

edit: I hesitated doing things like progressing through some of Duviri’s Intrinsics because I was enjoying the fight for what it was which had cascading effects for the whole experience of playing in Duviri, but because it seemed kind of silly to not progress I ended up with a bunch of intrinsics that ended up making the fights boring. And they weren’t something I could just swap for something else if I didn’t feel like playing however it’s forced me to play, unlike mods

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

ok, yeah i do get what you're saying. Came up with this idea additional to the earlier idea's of getting new type of bossevents ( though I didn't mention it obv). What I'm looking for are bosses that will give tremendously better rewards, but also get health that goes up and beyond of what we've seen till now (going towards a type of Zealot) 

With that these bosses would be way bigger and get more combat interaction with our battle tactics. overal stat value of those bosses should be like 20x higher than normal, or even more. DMG cap should be taken away as well, So it will get purpose to get those higher stats. 

BUT indeed it would be a waste to never be able to have the same amount of fun again as you did when you first started just because your hourly xp got in the way. So maybe implement an additional option to turn that additional hour xp on/off.

That might actually be not a bad idea indeed. Should've thought about those that do actually like to get their hands a bit dirtyer on early mobs/bosses as well. Thanks for putting out the message <3

Edited by _SYNTHDEMON_

15 minutes ago, _SYNTHDEMON_ said:

ok, yeah i do get what you're saying. Came up with this idea additional to the earlier idea's of getting new type of bossevents ( though I didn't mention it obv). What I'm looking for are bosses that will give tremendously better rewards, but also get health that goes up and beyond of what we've seen till now (going towards a type of Zealot) 

With that these bosses would be way bigger and get more combat interaction with our battle tactics. overal stat value of those bosses should be like 20x higher than normal, or even more. DMG cap should be taken away as well, So it will get purpose to get those higher stats. 

BUT indeed it would be a waste to never be able to have the same amount of fun again as you did when you first started just because your hourly xp got in the way. So maybe implement an additional option to turn that additional hour xp on/off.

That might actually be not a bad idea indeed. Should've thought about those that do actually like to get their hands a bit dirtyer on early mobs/bosses as well. Thanks for putting out the message <3

I’m… not sure what the thinking is…?

If the player stats don’t go higher, the boss stats wouldn’t need to either; the fight mechanics will still be present so long as the player stats don’t exceed the stat sweet spot that the boss is designed for.

Warframe is already designed with fight mechanics and build variety in mind…? No need to turn off xp gain or anything or go out of my way to keep fighting, the builds being brought and level of content/type of content is the biggest factor

11 hours ago, _SYNTHDEMON_ said:

Would be sweet if the amount of usage on weapons/warframes/companions

would get increased stats reached overtime by usage.

Yeah, going to stop you on this thought.

Two things: First, DE did actually use a Skill Tree system in the closed Beta, and then completely removed it in terms of modding. Second, DE have a specific policy with their permanent buffs (not the temporary ones, like Helminth Invigorations) and that is this one: Any player, using the same Warframe with the exact same modding, will have the exact same effect.

This applies through the Shard system, the Helminth Ability Infusions, all of it. If one player can do something via the systems that DE have implemented, then every other player can do that too. No more, no less.

Temporary buffs, like from the True Master's Font, or from the Invigorations, are fun little timed bonuses. That's it.

There's been a lot of ideas like this for permanent progression with accounts. DE just... don't want them.