The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console has toggle crouch and toggle slide; PC doesn't

PandaCyborgPrime

Crossave has happened and all of my friends and myself used to use toggle crouch and toggle slide on xbox, PC doesn't have this feature and it really ruins the feeling of the movement. Having this setting would help a lot of players transitioning from console to PC. PC only has toggle slide but it removes your crouch button as a whole. Can there be an option where PC has this setting too? 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm a long time Xbox Warframe player joining up on PC now for cross merging. I started to play a bit on PC while I wait for account merging to re-emerge, and ran into this issue. I'm used to toggle crouch being on long press left bumper like the OP. While looking into this, I found a few things:
There is indeed a Toggle Crouch option in controller mappings, but this gets overwritten by Steam Input/Steam Controller bindings.
If you do look through the Steam Controller bindings, Toggle Crouch is missing (though you can use the keyboard binding of V for toggle crouch, more on that later).
If you disable Steam Input and use the in game settings, mapping Toggle Crouch to the left bumper makes it where you can no longer roll with LB.
You can play with the controller mappings in Steam Controller bindings to get a toggle crouch (map the V key to LB) but you run into the same issue as above, you lose the ability to roll with LB.
If you want to keep the ability to roll on LB and also have toggle crouch, you get some weird behaviors from using the control (currently I have it semi-working by having it press V on release of LB so I can still roll with a tap, but this makes it where I toggle crouch every time I roll). That being said, I'm not that familiar with steam mappings and there may be a way to get it to work like on console.

To make this much simpler and for PC controller play to feel better, please add a toggle crouch switch for controller (like you already have for toggle sprint and toggle aim in settings). Or add a mapping for "toggle crouch, slide, & roll" in game or in Steam Input (though I would prefer in Steam Input or both because I like to use my Stadia controller).

Edited by AurRy79