The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Selected wrong Primary account after merging

StalkerXumbra

Same issue bro. It said to make a ticket for support if you believe you selected the wrong primary. My guess is they still have a backup. But seeing as it's the holidays it's gonna be a till Jan most likely. I just got way to excited I thought it didn't matter what you pick and picking was just what platform you want the save to combine to.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StalkerXumbra said:

I lost so much progression. I don't know what to do now. my quest rewards gone. Railjack gone, umbra gone lot of stuff gone. its like I was completely stripped off

I assume you did cross linking and not merge? If the 2 accounts were correct. You need to make a support ticket as that is the only way they can recover and switch the primary account. It says so on the cross merge/link page that you must do it asap. Keep in mind you won't get it resolved till mid to end of Jan.

I also have issues picking the wrong account.

• Like 1

Why didn’t you read DE’s guide on cross save or the FAQ? And even when you go to link/merge it clearly tells you which account’s progress will be lost and which will remain depending on the primary account you choose, color-coded as well and it asks you to confirm. It really sucks this happened to you (and quite a few others). Pretty sure you’ll need to wait till January. Next time please read. Sorry it happened to you. 

• Like 5

I misunderstood, can't blame anyone but myself should have been more careful about these things. However, I wish DE could fix my problem. It seems more like a punishment than a feature. the cross-progression merger should have taken the highest lvl in all the accounts into one universal account. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Why didn’t you read DE’s guide on cross save or the FAQ? And even when you go to link/merge it clearly tells you which account’s progress will be lost and which will remain depending on the primary account you choose, color-coded as well and it asks you to confirm. It really sucks this happened to you (and quite a few others). Pretty sure you’ll need to wait till January. Next time please read. Sorry it happened to you. 

I was at work at the time and everyone on the chat said it would merge. Coming from the PS4 I wanted to use my PC. So I logged in my PC account then when it came to the picking I thought it ment what account to use as in if I click PC it deletes my PS4 but moves everything over to the PC but I was wrong. 

What they should of said is not merge but what save to use as your main with the added merge. At least with linking I understand it would delete the other. 

At least I learned to not rush things next time. Thats what I get for hitting next in a rush. But I can wait anyways no big deal. Worst case I just lost my progression and it's basicly a new game plus for me.

Come on, people tend to make mistakes, but this thing is huge punishment taking away years for progess. I wish DE will reconsider this, there are so many players lost progression with different issues. I'm sure there will be a solution 😉  Afterall losing players is not what DE will look forward to.

Why can't they take highest progression in all the accounts for all standing quests and ranking into a universal account.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StalkerXumbra said:

Why can't they take highest progression in all the accounts for all standing quests and ranking into a universal account.

Because that's not how their merge works, you should have read what was written (because EVERYTHING was explained) and made sure you understood what to do.

It gave you several warnings, you have no one to blame but yourself.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StalkerXumbra said:

Yes I admit I need to be careful but this is harsh. Losing years of progression is huge punishment.

A punishment that is harsh but caused by yourself.

On 2023-12-23 at 9:04 PM, StalkerXumbra said:

Come on, people tend to make mistakes, but this thing is huge punishment taking away years for progess. I wish DE will reconsider this, there are so many players lost progression with different issues. I'm sure there will be a solution 😉  Afterall losing players is not what DE will look forward to.

It wouldnt be a huge punishment if people wouldn't rush it and read the FAQ take it slowly.

7 hours ago, StalkerXumbra said:

Yes I admit I need to be careful but this is harsh. Losing years of progression is huge punishment.

Like I said its not a big deal they still have our old saves. They most likely won't delete it till all issues are ironed out. As they been to have the backups just incase you are missing items. 

It clearly said that "if you believe you selected the wrong primary contact us" with that message I would assume they can fix but requires them to do it manual. The bad news is there on vacation.

On 2023-12-24 at 3:24 PM, StalkerXumbra said:

That's a fair point tbh. I can only guess it's primarily for stability as some things that did merge have caused unexpected issues such as the couple of threads where people got stuck on the Uranus sentient scanning step in a quest because their scan progress merged into an account with lower quest progression and they can no longer perform the scanning action as the quest requires.

Honestly I should have waiting I didn't care about merging and just wanted to link my account. But all this time I thought merging was just combining everything. On some other games it shows a animated video of the other file being deleted versus reading walls of text. Its the same reason people skip the TOS when they play games. 

No where was mentioned befor the event that only warframes & mods would transfer and you must pick what progression to keep and delete. That would of made sense and made me read the small text better.

All I know was linking means delete old save. Merge combine files together.

It's my fault for not reading but hey it can happen to anyone who's excited with a small window to do it. I'm a very busy person and you had couple of hours with website crashing.

Edited by NatsumeKonno

• 2 weeks later...

I get an automated message every now and again but no updates yet. I'm being patient and slowly regaining what was lost in the process, just in case. It should be something like clearing original inventory then merge into that, but I'm sure they're still overloaded with tickets/holidays. 

I'll eat my mistake if I have to, but the page did say to submit a ticket if you'd picked the wrong account to merge into.

Do have to admit it was fun as a rank1 running around with archgun deployed. 

On 2024-01-09 at 4:52 AM, StalkerXumbra said:

Anyone got update from Support?

There is so many bugs atm so the ticket must be huge maybe end to early next month for assistance. My ticket is from day 1 of merge that's already gonna be 22+ days of waiting.

• Like 1